Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well I did my competition yesterday, and I have managed to qualify for the British finals and the European championships in 2019, ended the day going 9 for 9(nine attempts with nine successful lifts) and a 152.5kg Squat, a 125kg bench and finally a 195kg deadlift giving me a 472.5kg total for the day. I had a lot more in me across all the lifts but I had a plan to reach my qualifying total which I achieved and went 25kg over. To say I am happy is an understatement, especially given all my health issues over the last 18 months, I would like to thank everyone for your support and comments it is much appreciated. Time to get back to it and put the work in for next year

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I did my competition yesterday, and I have managed to qualify for the British finals and the European championships in 2019, ended the day going 9 for 9(nine attempts with nine successful lifts) and a 152.5kg Squat, a 125kg bench and finally a 195kg deadlift giving me a 472.5kg total for the day. I had a lot more in me across all the lifts but I had a plan to reach my qualifying total which I achieved and went 25kg over. To say I am happy is an understatement, especially given all my health issues over the last 18 months, I would like to thank everyone for your support and comments it is much appreciated. Time to get back to it and put the work in for next year

Many many congratulations! I was thinking about you yesterday and watching out for your post. British finals and European championships!
You are a star and an absolute inspiration. Well done.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Congratulations. That’s awesome.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Well I did my competition yesterday, and I have managed to qualify for the British finals and the European championships in 2019, ended the day going 9 for 9(nine attempts with nine successful lifts) and a 152.5kg Squat, a 125kg bench and finally a 195kg deadlift giving me a 472.5kg total for the day. ...

Wow! that is excellent !

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Having a rest from strength exercise class today as I have a persistent abs niggle from my coughing fit a few weeks back - hope its not a hernia :-( Just did 45mins on the bike before breakfast and then 30mins brisk walk mid afternoon for my annual retinopathy - all clear :)

Geoffno6

Ha, well done @johnpol , I was almost disappointed when there was no report last night or first thing this morning. Brilliant results considering you’re fighting health issues

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mindblowing. So impressed. Respect.

Reactions: DJC3 and johnpol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Inspirational stories found a real poster boy - amazing effort and proof that good guys do get just rewards.
Now from the sublime to the ridiculously poor. 13.5k steps yesterday and 17k today -.

Reactions: johnpol

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Boxing training at 10am and circuits / boot camp at 6pm and 15k steps.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Inspirational stories found a real poster boy - amazing effort and proof that good guys do get just rewards.
Now from the sublime to the ridiculously poor. 13.5k steps yesterday and 17k today -.
Better steps than me, I think I've managed about twenty all day. Thanks for the mention. Was a good day

Reactions: ianpspurs

Geoffno6

Resting today as having chronic pains in feet and legs. Nice to not HAVE to go out for one thing or another. Was swimming last Sunday but the cold water in the expensive part private/council pool caused me uncomfortable cramps in my feet and legs so had to spend more time in warm showers than in pool. Very very disappointing. When I'm well I will make an issue of it. Not enough energy on 800cals diet to take on any new fights. :(
In 2wks time dietician is increasing my cals. I was shocked. Before an operation in February? Where I'll be eating even less. Strange I thought.
I'm walking but at a crawls pace due to lack of energy.
At least its keeping me moving. I've reduced my painkillers but maybe too much. My feet are constantly too hot or too cold and in pain now. Even when not walking. Why it is worse in bed? I'll have to Google that one. I think I saw it on the forum somewhere.
I hope everyone is at their best.
Oh how I admire you all! Best of luck. :)

I might go back to GP to see if he can increase pregabalin meds. Rather than having to re-increase the knock out dihydrocodeine with paracetamol every 4hrs.
I'm anything for comfort so I can do more. Let's see.

Well done for the efforts @ickihun I’ve got a few of your problems but I think far less severely than you but enough to know what a pain it is. I always used to sleep with my feet out of the covers, putting more leg out if I was hot. Now they get cold and hurty but too hot if I keep them in, Ive found that my bum is the best thing to stick out if I’m hot!
This week I’m working in a restaurant on the beach in Jersey and thought about surfing and realised that even with a wet suit I’d now struggle to go in. My thermostat is definitely wrecked now and my lack of body fat makes me feel the cold. Good luck with your GP and drug choices.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well zero exercise yesterday, I felt alright when I got up but I have had a niggly bad left ear all weekend so went and got it checked (just a small infection) but at around 5pm it felt like a bus had hit me!! I hurt in some muscles I never thought we had muscles!! So didn't train at all last night. But I am going tonight even if its just to give the weights "A Good Looking At" and maybe start properly on Wednesday. Even though I had a lot left in me to lift heavier on Sunday it still took it out of me. Brilliant feeling though!!

Take care everyone.

Reactions: kev-w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Couple of low key days for me. Working from home yesterday which means less moving about. Rescued by a physio appointment which is about 5k steps walk either way. Walked very briskly there and back to reach a total of just over 11k for the day. Just below 10k today.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A late start for the week for me, chest, dumb bell press to 36kg which was a bit disappointing as I'd hope for 38kg, but the weak wrist was on form :( a press machine to do one handed presses, incline flys and pull overs to 40kg finishing with some arm curls and weak wrist wrist curls.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Thought I would 'step in'. Kicked my steps up a notch this week. For the last month I have been gradually walking more and more. 5k steps plus work which is around 6k normally.
Have upped my evening walk to an hour holding at 150 bpm. For me that's around 6.5k per hour. Certainly need a shower afterwards.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my last long walk home after work right through the country park this evening and emerged the far side just as it was getting too dark for comfort. Won't do that again until the evenings are lighter in the New Year. I'm fine going out for early morning or evening walks in the dark in well-lit areas, but don't walk through the parks in the dark. I leave work earlier on Wednesdays and Fridays, as I officially start work earlier than most of my colleagues every morning and had been enjoying doing this walk most of those evenings since half term.

I'm also interested to note I don't seem as active in the working day this year. Not sure if it's because, on the whole, we have a more settled cohort or because I've taken on a slightly different role for some hours a week, I'm much more classroom-based this year. I'm kind of missing marching students around the field to find out what's causing the current meltdown and sorting stuff out that way! I'm not complaining, you understand, just interested to note it.

Reactions: ianpspurs and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
30 mins HIIT on exercise bike early on - not the full sprint 8 and no chest HR monitor so not full on. 14k steps. It'll have to do today now.

Reactions: kev-w and paulmh