What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This what the diabetes community should be doing for everyone who has this condition, we get bashed by the media, and virtually everyone else as "we have done it to ourselves" I think what you are going to do for the group at your Practice is an inspiration. And you will help a lot of people as they will be feeling scared of their diagnosis too. A huge, huge, massive well done. What a inspirational lady you are.

Thank you, you are too kind. Im really quite an ordinary person haha. My mum battled. For years. No info out there then, only diabetic nurse once every 6 months to guide her and we all know what that means. She is my driving force. The info is out there now. We have instant access to the internet. At our fingertips. So much brilliant info. Books to read, videos to watch. Communities of diabetics all over the world all proving what can work in the battle. And also what doesn't. Our voices are getting louder. Rising up against the useless guidelines currently in place. Changes are coming.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 I'm very happy with that. Especially after dinner out last night. Mushrooms in a stilton sauce then chicken kebab with salad.

Off out to pick up my grandaughter now. A delightful 2 year old who makes me laugh all day.

Enjoy your days everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng All. 6.0 this morning. Didnt post yesterday because it was a bone chilling 7. Fasted all day except for tea and pre dinner was 5.2 which wasnt great. However I am very stressed so maybe thats it. Tonight after work we drive the 5/6 hours to Pembroke Dock to get the overnight ferry to Ireland for the weekend. Always difficult for me but has to be done to see my lovely brother who is the only blood family I have. However, the forecast is for stormy and 50 mph winds so might not sail.
Have a good Thursday everyone. Stay well, safe and if possible hypo free.

Hope the crossing goes well. It’ll be worth it when you get there I know.
My lovely brother - also my last living blood relative (of my generation or above ) died unexpectedly last year. I still can’t quite believe he’s gone and I miss him every day. Enjoy every precious moment together.

Reactions: Cumberland

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. Have decided to have a break from daily fbs testing/posting for a while as my constant 7+ results are not exactly mood lifting! :(I will of course be logging in to see how everyone is doing. Off soon to do our voluntary work at the luncheon club. Have a good day whatever you have planned and wherever you are going. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 Thursday morning. In the same boat with you, @dogslife. Or at least paddling right alongside.

images

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away for some time - other distractions.
Anyhow 8.5 this am. Thank you Mr/Mrs or some other preferred pronoun Prednisolone. Got it down to 5.5 by 1400.
The problem with these Freestyle Libra monitors is that you can get a big fright one minute and 20 minutes later you are OK.
Good news is the graph indicates activity in the pancreas.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been away for some time - other distractions.
Anyhow 8.5 this am. Thank you Mr/Mrs or some other preferred pronoun Prednisolone. Got it down to 5.5 by 1400.
The problem with these Freestyle Libra monitors is that you can get a big fright one minute and 20 minutes later you are OK.
Good news is the graph indicates activity in the pancreas.
Welcome back dunelm its been a while

Reactions: dunelm

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope the crossing goes well. It’ll be worth it when you get there I know.
My lovely brother - also my last living blood relative (of my generation or above ) died unexpectedly last year. I still can’t quite believe he’s gone and I miss him every day. Enjoy every precious moment together.
@DJC3 I am sorry you lost your brother especially so suddenly. I am 12 years older than my brother and he calls me “little mum”.

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I am sorry you lost your brother especially so suddenly. I am 12 years older than my brother and he calls me “little mum”.

Oh bless him.
My brother was just 2 yrs younger but it’s funny how younger siblings will always be ‘little’
My brother grew to over 6ft and played rugby - he was a big lad but always my litte brother!

Bexd12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The gym
I’m fairly new to all this finally on the right level of medication I started testing last week my fasting blood sugar was between 12 & 14 last two days it has dropped to 8.6, I had beans no added sugar mushrooms spinach with 2 small slices of whole meal toast for breakfast tested after 2hrs bs up to 13.2! Lunch was scrambled, eggs bacon, mushrooms and spinach tested 2hrs later bs down to 8.2 I will start testing when I wake as I usually do it when I get to work.

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting was 6.8 this morning - wish I could get it down!! By lunch time after a homemade muesli breakfast 4 hours later it was 5.4 . I do think I have got high reading testing strips at the moment next to the previous couple of batches!!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The muesli in the morning would put my numbers up, I think.

Happy Saint Nick's! (Fijne Sinterklaas!)

Have you ever seen the original version of "Miracle on 34th Street"? The one starring Edmund Gwenn as Kris Kringle?