What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds delicious @Brunneria.

I agree about self control, although I've never drunk a lot I'm trying to remember that the plum gin is not carb free:eek:

I’m really lucky. I've never wanted to drink for the buzz, and a single tiny glass is all i ever want. 10mls? 5? maybe. Probably only once a week. But by ‘eck I enjoy it when I sample. :D

Lainlainylain

Evening all...today’s food consisted of...peanuts (i know i got hangry because i left breakfast til 2pm)

For dinner a chicken leg, sprouts with pancetta and soft cheese, broccoli...tiny amount of strawberries and blueberries with cream and greek yogurt and 2 squares dark chocolate.

BG was 5.5 before dinner.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: - 1 coffee with almond milk on waking; 2 x 1 pints Dilmah English breakfast tea with almond milk; facetime with birthday boy and granddaughter
Dockey : Dog walk then Tea
Lunch : Black seed bread toast, smashed avocado, smoked salmon, poached egg, h/m mayo;
Afternoon: Coffee with cream after exercise bike and weights watching Bath Leinster
Evening meal: Large salad with avocado (usual dressing including psyllium husk powder) and lots of chia seeds; Very big salmon fillet cooked in avocado oil; hallouni fries - there will be football later but hopefully no blood; no country for old men this

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Very behind and just catching up.

Old news on the thread but @maglil55 LOVED the Santa story. Off to check that site out very soon.

@Brunneria re the Awful soup. Have I missed a story somewhere? Sounds intriguing.

@ziggy_w hugs with the BG readings. Similar for me the past week.

And @Pipp the pyromaniac in me has been re-kindled. Trouble is I’d eat the Pringles!

Amazing coincidence yesterday. Went to a meeting at the DWP. The host had to leave early and as she made her apologies said ‘and I must speak to @Goonergal ’ wondered what was going on as I’d never met her before. Turned out we’d been to school together. Didn’t recognise her at all (and changed surname), but as soon as she mentioned the connection I guessed who she was. 34 years since we’d seen each other!

Big disappointment today. New sofa arrived but try as they might delivery guys couldn’t get it through the door - we’re talking a CM max but it just wouldn’t work. So back it’s gone and search back on.

Today was an OMAD day. Dinner was beef short rib which taught me that the new oven cooks much more slowly than the old one. Didn’t finish it as a bit too tough. Followed up with extra thick jersey cream with almond butter and a very small piece of cheesy bread (defrosted - it does freeze well) with butter and the advent calendar choccy.

Discovered a recipe for cream cheese brownies today. May have to experiment tomorrow.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Old news on the thread but @maglil55 LOVED the Santa story. Off to check that site out very soon.

@Brunneria re the Awful soup. Have I missed a story somewhere? Sounds intriguing.

And @Pipp the pyromaniac in me has been re-kindled. Trouble is I’d eat the Pringles!

Amazing coincidence yesterday. Went to a meeting at the DWP. The host had to leave early and as she made her apologies said ‘and I must speak to @Goonergal ’ wondered what was going on as I’d never met her before. Turned out we’d been to school together. Didn’t recognise her at all (and changed surname), but as soon as she mentioned the connection I guessed who she was. 34 years since we’d seen each other!

Big disappointment today. New sofa arrived but try as they might delivery guys couldn’t get it through the door - we’re talking a CM max but it just wouldn’t work. So back it’s gone and search back on.

Today was an OMAD day. Dinner was beef short rib which taught me that the new oven cooks much more slowly than the old one. Didn’t finish it as a bit too tough. Followed up with extra thick jersey cream with almond butter and a very small piece of cheesy bread (defrosted - it does freeze well) with butter and the advent calendar choccy.

Discovered a recipe for cream cheese brownies today. May have to experiment tomorrow.

Oh dear. That's a real blow with the sofa. Is the outgoing model still in situ or are you on garden chairs?

Did they try taking doors off, or taking a window unit out? A sealed unit can be taken out and replaced (as in, put back in, as opposed to necessarily swapped) in about 20 minutes, according to Colin the Glass.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Plus hug for sofa x

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. That's a real blow with the sofa. Is the outgoing model still in situ or are you on garden chairs?

Did they try taking doors off, or taking a window unit out? A sealed unit can be taken out and replaced (as in, put back in, as opposed to necessarily swapped) in about 20 minutes, according to Colin the Glass.

Still have the old one - they were due to take that away, so it had to be brought back in when the new one didn’t fit. Tantalisingly close - for ages the new one wouldn’t go through the front door. Eventually they found a way but the layout in the flat prevented it getting any further.

They thought about taking the front door off but because it has a chain in the hinged section apparently they couldn’t do it. I don’t think it would have made much difference because of the pillar behind the door.

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still have the old one - they were due to take that away, so it had to be brought back in when the new one didn’t fit. Tantalisingly close - for ages the new one wouldn’t go through the front door. Eventually they found a way but the layout in the flat prevented it getting any further.

They thought about taking the front door off but because it has a chain in the hinged section apparently they couldn’t do it. I don’t think it would have made much difference because of the pillar behind the door.

:(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

:(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast late, because bed was so comfy and the howling wind and rain was signal to stay put. Black coffee, my low carb coconut and almond porridge.
More coffee decaff, black at lunchtime.
Dinner veg and ham soup, low carb muffin with butter, low sugar tonic water, (pretending there is gin in it) with a slice of lemon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee. I always make my breakfast and take it back to bed @Pipp !
Lunch: chorizo and Gouda rollitos with pork scratchings and cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner at local Hungry Horse: roast chicken on a bed of stir fried peppers and onion with a side salad and coleslaw followed at home by one of a new batch of CCBs (meant for Xmas but had to check they were OK!) with cream and a sprinkle of LC chocolate granola.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooo, let us know if you do, for someone who never had a sweet tooth I seem to be very interested in puddings now!

Just trying out a no bake cheese cake with the chocolate granola as the 'biscuit' base. Seems like a good compromise for me and my Sister, who can't eat the chocolate olive cake as she is allergic to almonds.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee. I always make my breakfast and take it back to bed @Pipp !
Oh, no! Cannot eat or drink in bed. Have to be up, showered, teeth cleaned hair brushed, dressed, and downstairs before eating.
Don't mind going back to bed after, though. :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Goonergal what a sofa disappointment!
We had trouble with ours. It wouldn’t get through front door.
Men would have given up, but we suggested they bring it round the back and in through the kitchen.
Which worked, but i had to repaint the front room door frame.
No consolation to you, since you are in a flat!

Awful Soup is actually delicious and made of offal. This time I used liver, heart and kidney. Pressure cooked the heart til tender, then quick cooked the kidney and liver, blended smooth. Good as a soup or pate base. Could be tweaked with wine, onion, herbs, garlic, spices or herbs.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Wonderfully hectic day for all the right reasons
Breakfast - 3 rashers smoked bacon, a poached egg and a huge mug of tea
No lunch as was busy throwing snowballs, pulling sledges, making snow angels and watching a Santa panto.
Straight from there off to a swimming party so that’s my exercise for this year done. Didn’t get home till well after 8 so had placed my order with the other half to get in for when I got back of mixed lamb shish & chicken tikka kebab (no pitta) and a side of garlic buttered mushrooms with melted cheese on top
Going to have the last 2 of my salty chocolate treats in a minute with another large cuppa!

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I declare the plum gin to be a success. I have just filtered and bottled it, so obviously a couple of sips had to be tried, for quality control purposes. It is now being refrigerated to mature a little more.

The plums have been resealed in the SV bag. I'll consider what to do with them another time. Now there's a vacuum in there they'll keep a while.

Tonight for dinner we had this: https://whattocooktoday.com/instant-pot-indonesian-curry-chicken.html I cooked it last night, and had it mature in the fridge overnight. It's very flavoursome indeed, and of the portions we have left, I'll try a bit more chilli when reheating.

For now, the remaining portions are freezing down in aluminium containers. I calculated, with a little rounding for the store cupboard spices that it's about 50 per portion. With rice, or cauli rice, it'd add a little more, but it's an easy, delicious, filling fake-away option.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.8 FBG 5.8 - the weirdest of days. Finally finished Christmas shopping. Some stuff being delivered ; others going in-store to pick up. First parcel of the day arrived and had me frantically checking my online accounts. Why? It was an adult Turkey suit??? What the?? After much investigation discovered it was my niece who'd got it sent to me to be sure of getting it for a fancy dress party. Not sure I'd wander out dressed as a turkey at Christmas.
Phase 2 of improving behaviour has also started. No 2 was a bit disillusioned as he thinks he's left it too late to escape the coal list so some positivity was called for. A post box has been made and they both have these lined record cards in different colours. So they get to post cards with things that were good. No 1 has to write his so has the added advantage of getting him to practice his writing. Bad behaviour still comes under 1 2 3 Magic but this lets them accrue good credits to gain a reward. I've made tick sheets for the teachers who think it's a great idea. Didn't want The teachers limited time being taken up so the tick sheets speed things up. Santa video No 2 will be prepared next week.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Headed out after that for shopping and Christmas pick ups from various stores.
L. Slice of Morrison's high protein wholemeal with pate pate - new loaf on me. Not bad at 6.1 net carbs a slice. Not as good as Livlife but didn't do much to the BGs.
D. Settled for cold cuts - turkey, ox tongue, roast pork and 3 tiny chicken wings, 1/2 avocado , lettuce , 4 Santini tomatoes and a little coleslaw.
Got to work on the tree after dinner and took a leaf out of shelley262's book - Bailey's (at least the low carb version) but I must confess to 2! Hic

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I remember from my flat living days the nightmare of getting things in and out. I suspectthats why, when we extended this house I had six foot of sliding glass across the back of The house. At least downstairs I don't have To worry.

Reactions: Lainlainylain

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh and well done @Tori71 - great result.
In case everyone hasn't noticed , Carolyn Ketchum (all day I dream about food) has started a collaboration with Diet Doctor and is doing some recipes for them. Her spiced cake seems really festive. She contributing monthly.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Didn't post yesterday as we were out and got home late.

@Tori71 -- Great results. Wow, these are some high HDL numbers. Great Xmas jumper btw.
@Goonergal -- What a bummer. Hope the new sofa you get will be even nicer.
@shelley262 -- Have a safe trip. Hope this time everything with your mom's pre-op assessment will work out fine.
@maglil55 -- I actually had to smile imagining your niece in a turkey costume at Xmas. What kind of party will this be?

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner (out at the French tapas place): A small serving of bouillabaisse with sauce rouille, half a serving of sweet potato fries, mussels in white wine sauce with sauce rouille. Two glasses of red wine. Blood sugars upon getting home where 4.5, but was still hungry. So, I had a chunk of cheese and about 2/3 of Wiener sausage.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Half a low-carb flatbread (DD keto bread recipe) with butter and cheese.

Lunch: A large serving of caramelized pecans -- these always make my blood sugars drop (more effectively than exercise or alcohol), don't really understand why.

Snack: More pecans.

Dinner: Made some bouillabaisse inspired by yesterday's menu with some sauce rouille -- maybe not quite the real thing as I improvised a bit, but quite good anyway.