What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@karen8967 this is totally unrelated to your poster but yours reminded me of this one:

Nvu7KGT.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Late posting today - early start. FBG was 5.7 which at least is an improvement on yesterday and it’s the same as @Debandez so in good company. @ziggy_w thanks for the good wishes.

@Chronicle_Cat thinking I need to join you with the fasting. Difficult with all the festivities going on, but the weekend should bring a better opportunity.
You are so right @Goonergal. Festivities are coming out of my ears at the mo. As well as my Christmas earrings! Your reading is going in the right direction as is mine. Let's see what we are tomorrow. I'm expecting 5.9 as I had 1 piece of 85% with my coffee at 9am and I really should no better!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today, I'm full of a cold and have a cough and sore throat. Up perhaps due to that.

I had been invited to a CCG meeting this morning as im a member of the PPG now but have had to cancel just this minute by email. I was looking forward to giving feedback to the forum as I thought that would be lovely. Brilliant agenda, guest speakers, music, buffet. But I'm not going.....here's the email I've just sent. I don't feel so bad in myself but don't want to spread it at the mouth of Xmas! I was so looking forward to it too. Worse things happen.

Hi

I'm so sorry but I have to cancel joining you today and im gutted.

I have had a cold which I thought was on its way out but it's come back with a vengeance. I'm coughing all the time but the worst of it is a sore throat. I've just woke up and tried to speak. I've got no voice!

I don't want to pass whatever it is to anyone else, especially at this time of year.

Please accept my sincere apologies.

I hope you all have a lovely morning.

Kind regards

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Glad to see your blood sugars back to normal again.
@Debandez -- One square of 85% chocolate? Does this make so much of a difference? Edited to add -- Just read about your cold. Have a big hug and get better soon.
@karen8967 -- Hugs. Hope you feel better soon.
@Roulis -- Congrats, this is a great fasting reading. Really, really well done.

Fasting blood sugars for me this morning were 5.1.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 today, I'm full of a cold and have a cough and sore throat. Up perhaps due to that.

I had been invited to a CCG meeting this morning as im a member of the PPG now but have had to cancel just this minute by email. I was looking forward to giving feedback to the forum as I thought that would be lovely. Brilliant agenda, guest speakers, music, buffet. But I'm not going.....here's the email I've just sent. I don't feel so bad in myself but don't want to spread it at the mouth of Xmas! I was so looking forward to it too. Worse things happen.

Hi

I have had a cold which I thought was on its way out but it's come back with a vengeance. I'm coughing all the time but the worst of it is a sore throat. I've just woke up and tried to speak. I've got no voice!

I don't want to pass whatever it is to anyone else, especially at this time of year.

Kind regards
Im full of it myself deband dez sending hugs

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Glad to see your blood sugars back to normal again.
@Debandez -- One square of 85% chocolate? Does this make so much of a difference? Edited to add -- Just read about your cold. Have a big hug and get better soon.
@karen8967 -- Hugs. Hope you feel better soon.
@Roulis -- Congrats, this is a great fasting reading. Really, really well done.

Fasting blood sugars for me this morning were 5.1.
Thanks ziggy_w

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No FBG, from me this freezing am.

Reason...I ate one portion small of GY yesterday...sprinkled linseeds on top..had that 11am ish.

Out and about lots to do... Ate again at 830 pm...one small portion of cod/salad..bed 11pm.

Woke 3am...FULL OF ENERGY..no chance to get back to sleep, so up at 4am, peanut butter on 2 ryvita..bloods at 6am 6.8.

Not so fussed at that, but that amount of energy on such little food...normal ?

I even got out out and ran most of the way to the station...ended up catching an earlier train...WIN.:D

Bear in mind all this from a guy who after a month of following the "official" guidelines of what to eat, was at the lowest of depths and could barely get his head off the pillow most days, and when he could.. could barely stay awake long enough until he could get back into that bed.

I know I say it, and I mean it must sincerely, you guys may not have saved my life but you certainly have given it back to me all polished up and supercharged.

Have a good day all.
May try swimming the channel before I head home tonight, I feel THAT good.;)

Last edited:

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning :)

6.2 again, I like consistancy, lets me tweek stuff, now if I could do something consistantly on the golf course....

Have a lovely day guys :)
Morning am up for work mine was 8,9 which isn't to bad cause it has been 10 changed what I have for breakfast I had some rice last night so think it was that

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Time for another round of prick and tell. 5.2 today which matches 2 hr postprandial last night - neither really do it for me but I seem to have the forum sniffles/cold. Don't think I should get sniffles if I'm functioning properly and IMHO the LC diet is ill equipped to prevent and deal with that. Now wondering about the hour exercise bike session in a few minutes. That said, have great days and play nice.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well it's happened................I have cold!! It's official, sore throat, cough, nose running like a tap, painful kidneys (I always get this with cold, don't ask me why) headache the list goes on, queue the whining and whingeing!! Oh and a 13.3 this morning, which just about underlines it. Nurse!! Nurse!! pleases help me!!

Ha ha ha, sodding hate cold! :):) Can you tell!! On a positive note no fog on my travel to work!!

Take care everyone.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi

Kind regards
Hope you get better soon.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well it's happened................I have cold!! It's official, sore throat, cough, nose running like a tap, painful kidneys (I always get this with cold, don't ask me why) headache the list goes on, queue the whining and whingeing!! Oh and a 13.3 this morning, which just about underlines it. Nurse!! Nurse!! pleases help me!!

Ha ha ha, sodding hate cold! :):) Can you tell!! On a positive note no fog on my travel to work!!

Take care everyone.
Get well soon

Reactions: johnpol