What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

I've been fasting - yesterday morning was 5.6 and I prefer to be 4.0 - 5.4. Fasting seems to reset my numbers when they are trending up (I'm fortunate that I don't get elevated numbers due to dawn phenomena but if my morning number is higher, it tends to stay higher throughout that day).

As well, I still have weight to lose, (it helps with that as well) I'm getting close to that psychological barrier of 200 lbs. I'm now wearing size 16 pants for the first time since my daughter was born (she'll be 32 on Jan 3rd), I started at 3X (24) 4 sizes bigger.

This morning I awoke a tad low 3.9 (prefer to be 4.0 or higher). I just finished breakfast.
Fantastic. What a great feeling you must have got. Fitting in a 16! So pleased for you. Well done.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually, you should stir North to South but anti clockwise shows a certain rebellious streak one thinks
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/you-stirring-your-cup-tea-12285414

This reminded me that I think I read something about that a long long time ago. If I did, I had totally forgotten. Anyway, I don't recall anyone at Brown's coming over and telling us we were doing it wrong -- and that was a long long time ago so maybe we were doing it properly!

I wonder if the China-to-Britain ratio is purely numerical or proportional?

Hmmm, I wonder what the ratio is for drinkers of India tea?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. Hope everyone is well! It is cold, but brilliant sunshine in Leicestershire so far!! I am a bit puzzled and wondered whether anyone may be able to advise? There may be similar question already answered in the forum but I haven't had any luck in finding the thread as yet! In between meals during the day my levels hover in the late mmol/L 4s - 4.6 to 4.8. 90 to 120 minutes after first bite the levels hovering between 5.8 to 6.1. This morning, after approximately 8 hours sleep, I woke up, and before I put anything in my mouth, I thought to my self, lets test the BG for the first time? The result was mmol/L 5.6. How does that work then? I get lower readings in between meals (say 4 hours between meals) but first thing in the morning after a long night's sleep, the reading is higher? Is there something that I missing here? Does anyone have any feedback on this please? many thanks! Best wishes to all. Theo

If you are ever near King Power Stadium or Loughborough, will you please tell them hi for me?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Hope everyone is well! It is cold, but brilliant sunshine in Leicestershire so far!! I am a bit puzzled and wondered whether anyone may be able to advise? There may be similar question already answered in the forum but I haven't had any luck in finding the thread as yet! In between meals during the day my levels hover in the late mmol/L 4s - 4.6 to 4.8. 90 to 120 minutes after first bite the levels hovering between 5.8 to 6.1. This morning, after approximately 8 hours sleep, I woke up, and before I put anything in my mouth, I thought to my self, lets test the BG for the first time? The result was mmol/L 5.6. How does that work then? I get lower readings in between meals (say 4 hours between meals) but first thing in the morning after a long night's sleep, the reading is higher? Is there something that I missing here? Does anyone have any feedback on this please? many thanks! Best wishes to all. Theo

in the mornings the liver spits out blood glucose reserves , and in type 2 diabetes it seems that most peoples liver is a bit overactive compared to non-diabetics

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Victory! Come dance with me. :)
Lunch today was a frozen meal -- roast turkey, mixed veg, mashed potatoes. After the turkey and veg I was still a little hungry so I took one bite of the potatoes, and then remembered that if I ate the rest they would not only spike my BG, they would make me hungry again in half an hour or so. So I threw them out. Where I can't change my mind about them. And this time I didn't over-nuke the turkey either.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 6.2 today didn’t move about enough yesterday.
Wondering which Christmas jumper to wear? Choices choices.
Bloke finally coming to fix our chimney this afternoon so the kitchen doesn’t flood everytime it rains. Fingers crossed it stays dry.
Winner for blokecoming to fix chimney hope he arrives and did job it’s due to be wet tommorow!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No FBG, today.
after yesterdays surprising efforts, normal service was resumed.
up too late to do FBG, so dashed out the door intending to do Bloods when i got to work

Amazingly i still got there on time..that running to and between stations shaved off enough time...:D

It was two tubes and the Overgound this morning.

Going to see if i can get the old folding bike out, and get that TO the Overground train in the morning.
Sign say folders are always accepted, and at the times i travel, the train ain't that busy.

ANYWAYS....got to work bought lunch as i was too late to eat or prep anything.
Got egg/spinach protein pot..and a Ginger shot to bring home to wife..(Nice guy me.:).)

But no sooner had i got back in the office then i thought..i'll have that
and get her another one later..

Without remorse i sank the beauty in one, then thought.
'That's sweet for ginger......Yes, boy & girls you KNOW whats coming next..

it was almost pure ginger apart for the large mix of APPLE juice....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The sugar even made me feel queasy and clammy..
(all psychosomatic, probably..bet still felt uggh )..so no point testing then..

Wife believes she's a witch.....Juries still out... despite some rather spooky evidence, ...however, THAT'S just tipped the scales a little more in her favor, right there..LoL

On a bright note , had a blooming nice dinner..
Celeraic bubble n squeak, Brocolli ala JJ, and a smashing bit of cod with a twist of Lemon....Lush

(* any one able to point to to a good cooking thread..please.
Looking to find out more about what people do to cook the many wierd and wonderful vegetables, this simple lad is finding out actually exist..Fennel, celeriac, anyone..Lol )

Nice numbers for those who got em,
hugs to those who missed out today,
sure tomorrow will bring better scores.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG, today.
after yesterdays surprising efforts, normal service was resumed.
up too late to do FBG, so dashed out the door intending to do Bloods when i got to work

Amazingly i still got there on time..that running to and between stations shaved off enough time...:D

It was two tubes and the Overgound this morning.

Going to see if i can get the old folding bike out, and get that TO the Overground train in the morning.
Sign say folders are always accepted, and at the times i travel, the train ain't that busy.

ANYWAYS....got to work bought lunch as i was too late to eat or prep anything.
Got egg/spinach protein pot..and a Ginger shot to bring home to wife..(Nice guy me.:).)

But no sooner had i got back in the office then i thought..i'll have that
and get her another one later..

Without remorse i sank the beauty in one, then thought.
'That's sweet for ginger......Yes, boy & girls you KNOW whats coming next..

it was almost pure ginger apart for the large mix of APPLE juice....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The sugar even made me feel queasy and clammy..
(all psychosomatic, probably..bet still felt uggh )..so no point testing then..

Wife believes she's a witch.....Juries still out... despite some rather spooky evidence, ...however, THAT'S just tipped the scales a little more in her favor, right there..LoL

On a bright note , had a blooming nice dinner..
Celeraic bubble n squeak, Brocolli ala JJ, and a smashing bit of cod with a twist of Lemon....Lush

(* any one able to point to to a good cooking thread..please.
Looking to find out more about what people do to cook the many wierd and wonderful vegetables, this simple lad is finding out actually exist..Fennel, celeriac, anyone..Lol )

Nice numbers for those who got em,
hugs to those who missed out today,
sure tomorrow will bring better scores.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-1052#post-1942652
This is the low carb cooking eating thread you’d be more than welcome we are a friendly bunch and you’ll recognise some of us from here!

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all! 2 hours after first bite mmol/L 5.8. I had a stir fried king prawns, with mushrooms, leaf spinach, spring onions and garlic followed by Greek salad - tomatoes green olives, feta cheese drenched in extra virgin olive oil, pigs in blankets (97% meat sausage) Mature white cheddar - Cathedral City mature 200g block! And, the best part.. a whole bottle of red vino and almonds to finish up with. For dessert, I had a large dish of ice-cream(which I made my self with double fresh cream eggs butter) with lots of double cream on top of it, sprinkled a generous amount of cinnamon . I feel good!! Wish you were all here! All the very best wishes to all! Theo.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for blokecoming to fix chimney hope he arrives and did job it’s due to be wet tommorow!

He didn’t come! Getting really fed up having to put newspaper down on the kitchen floor every night and the washing up bowl on the hob to collect the drips. Just hope he makes it before the chimney falls down completely.

Reactions: Geoffno6