What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My morning numbers were fine.
However I’m currently experiencing my biggest ever spike.
Someone offered me a pre dinner Baileys : I like Baileys so I had one. Then a top up.
Then I did a test: 10.3. Must be dodgy test again 10.7. *** I need a strip from a different box. 11.1.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr : idiot idiot idiot!
It’s moments like this I need a Type 1 to tell me to pull myself together.
Rhubarb73 pull yourself together it will soon come down and i bet you enjoyed it

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Thanks @SaskiaKC - all support welcome.
I thought a T1 who knows what 20 feels like would tell me to stop fretting about an 11.
I feel stressed but not sure if it’s the spike or the anxiety the spike has caused.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Baileys is favourite:angelic:
Baileys caused the spike but the stressed anxious feeling is a Schrödinger’s cat question: am I racing because BG is high or because I found out it is high?
Resisting the urge to test again.

Reactions: Geoffno6

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, just over a day away from this thread and there’s 140 posts to read through! Most interesting, many amusing, @alf_Josiah cracked me up with ‘On a sad note, Mrs J has staggered down stairs to issue unlistened to instructions’ it conjured up a great mental picture
@Debandez twerking over a 6.3 conjured up an altogether different mental picture! and she’s a screamer too! The mind boggles, but 6 x celebrations, sooo naughty!
@Chronicle_Cat though is today’s forum star breaking a 32 year clothes size record and nudging the 200lb barrier, well done you
And my FBG was a blooming nerve tingling 9.1 again with less than 15g carbs on Friday :-(
So funny

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He didn’t come! Getting really fed up having to put newspaper down on the kitchen floor every night and the washing up bowl on the hob to collect the drips. Just hope he makes it before the chimney falls down completely.
So sorry to hear this hope it gets sorted soon x

Reactions: DJC3 and Geoffno6

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I limit my carbs 99% of the time D&D however I have absolutely no qualms about straying from the righteous path now & again...I don't worry about it...once it's over I'm fine with it...had a good walk with Harry in the freezing weather...got myself down in the 4's so had a small hot suet pudding to give me back a bit of energy...will avoid lunch...I expect to be back down in the middle fives by dinner time.
I like your style.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade catching up. Had to work today so was in a rush to sort out mum and various jobs before making myself get on with the work!
5.1 this morning
Just sat sipping a glass of low carb baileys while mum watches strictly final. Hope 3veryone having a good relaxing evening.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good everyone. Hope everyone had a good day.
@shelley262 did you try the cheese scones at itwontdiabeatus.com ? I find them very good for breakfast split with generous butter.
@ianpspurs that little grandaughter of yours has it all worked out and willwind you round her little finger...and why not?
You are truly blessed.

Reactions: Geoffno6

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good everyone. Hope everyone had a good day.
@shelley262 did you try the cheese scones at itwontdiabeatus.com ? I find them very good for breakfast split with generous butter.
@ianpspurs that little grandaughter of yours has it all worked out and willwind you round her little finger...and why not?
You are truly blessed.
Loved them but did alter the recipe a bit see
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-1052
Thank you will be keepers x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good night All. Sleep tight, hypo free and hopefully colds etc will improve.
@shelley262 glad you liked the the cheese scone recioe in its essence. Its one of my essentials I must say!

Reactions: philchap1

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Do you know if almond flour can be used instead of the ground almonds?
I've always assumed its the same stuff. Maybe one is ground a little finer?