What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not up until 8am...a truly luxurious sleep...a day of housework it's been sorely neglected of late...visitors in the next couple of days & who would want to have a hot mince pie & a glass of mulled wine in a pig sty?...coffee & breakfast done...woke to an okay 5.8.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.0 at 0800. Got my BG results back yesterday. HBA1c down from 37 to 33 which is mystifying to me. My averages over the last 3 months havent been as good as in the summer. I know a lot of people are finding Codefree strips measure higher than others and thats all I can put it down to. Of course itsa relief, I wanted anything under 40 and never expected to be lower than last time. Its all such a fairy tale I feel I should share the spare points with @ianpspurs and then we might both get a bit of reality.
Have a good Friday. Stay well, safe and drive carefully.
@PatsyB hope today you turn the corner and feel better. Dont leave it too late to get more antibiotics. Sending hugs.
Gold star PM...outstanding results...well done.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and Roulis

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all! Hope you're all well!
For the first time since my diagnosis (Oct 2018), my BG level his morning at 5.8 (assuming my meter is accurate - freestyle lite) First time below 6! I am happy with that. I went out with work last night, had liver pate for starters, large steak with mushrooms and a large pot of fresh garlic crashed into a sauce which I spread all over the stake- delicious! Washed down with 2 large glasses of dry red wine. It could be that garlic in combination with a small amount of dry red vino may well do a good job?! The downside is.. the smell! My god my mouth stinks!! The whole bedroom stank of garlic this morning! LOL! Best wishes to all! Theo.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all! Hope you're all well!
For the first time since my diagnosis (Oct 2018), my BG level his morning at 5.8 (assuming my meter is accurate - freestyle lite) First time below 6! I am happy with that. I went out with work last night, had liver pate for starters, large steak with mushrooms and a large pot of fresh garlic crashed into a sauce which I spread all over the stake- delicious! Washed down with 2 large glasses of dry red wine. It could be that garlic in combination with a small amount of dry red vino may well do a good job?! The downside is.. the smell! My god my mouth stinks!! The whole bedroom stank of garlic this morning! LOL! Best wishes to all! Theo.
I used to college with a French guy who chewed fresh garlic on route in the morning. It aint nuffink

Geoffno6

Morning All. 6.0 at 0800. Got my BG results back yesterday. HBA1c down from 37 to 33 which is mystifying to me. My averages over the last 3 months havent been as good as in the summer. I know a lot of people are finding Codefree strips measure higher than others and thats all I can put it down to. Of course itsa relief, I wanted anything under 40 and never expected to be lower than last time. Its all such a fairy tale I feel I should share the spare points with @ianpspurs and then we might both get a bit of reality.
@PatsyB hope today you turn the corner and feel better. Dont leave it too late to get more antibiotics. Sending hugs.

Well done you!! 33 is amazing, please can I have some

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone just got my hair done last night a nice bright blonde and it’s been cut quite short now but it definitely needed a good cut as what the hairdresser took of was all dead and spilt ends so I’m very pleased with my hair. Todays blood sugar was 4.4 I’m not doing a lot today my hospice nurse is coming to see me (she’s my hospice nurse but she generally visits my mum and I as we are friends as well) and then I’m going to watch Elf one of my classic favourites for Christmas movies. Have a good day everyone :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone just got my hair done last night a nice bright blonde and it’s been cut quite short now but it definitely needed a good cut as what the hairdresser took of was all dead and spilt ends so I’m very pleased with my hair. Todays blood sugar was 4.4 I’m not doing a lot today my hospice nurse is coming to see me (she’s my hospice nurse but she generally visits my mum and I as we are friends as well) and then I’m going to watch Elf one of my classic favourites for Christmas movies. Have a good day everyone :)
Enjoy I watched elf for first time ever last week and loved it don’t know why I hadn’t seen it before it was excellent.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1545233176639.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A reflection of a great family night out last night. Family over from Dublin and Scotland to see us. Expected it to be in the 7s! Good low carb choices but you just never have a complete handle on ingredients when eating out. Oh and the battered onion ring (only one) wouldn't help matters! Nor would the amount of wine which was more than one glass!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely surprise! A fabulous result. Well done. It is a worry when readings are higher than you would like them to be. Do you use an app to store readings e.g. mysugr? If so what was the prediction?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A reflection of a great family night out last night. Family over from Dublin and Scotland to see us. Expected it to be in the 7s! Good low carb choices but you just never have a complete handle on ingredients when eating out. Oh and the battered onion ring (only one) wouldn't help matters! Nor would the amount of wine which was more than one glass!
A gave a star because I know I could not stop at just one onion ring you have such disciplin