What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning, but whatever, it's Christmas day everyone's a winner.
Going to watch my grandson open his presents he's nearly 3yrs old, then off to my other daughters to take my youngest grandaughter her first bike, I spent last night bolting it all together, that took me back a few years to when Christmas eve was spent putting presents together for my own two.
May you all have a day of peace and joy and a break from any troubles that you may have and a happy Christmas to all and a massive thank you from me to all you forum wise heads for being there God bless you.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning, but whatever, it's Christmas day everyone's a winner.
Going to watch my grandson open his presents he's nearly 3yrs old, then off to my other daughters to take my youngest grandaughter her first bike, I spent last night bolting it all together, that took me back a few years to when Christmas eve was spent putting presents together for my own two.
May you all have a day of peace and joy and a break from any troubles that you may have and a happy Christmas to all and a massive thank you from me to all you forum wise heads for being there God bless you.
Sounds like the perfect Christmas morning trick.:)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas everyone. @HarrisonK great post and such a worthwhile project to be involved with. @trick60 have a great time with grandchildren and I remember getting bikes out of lofts (in other people's houses) and assembling them until the small hours - would swap that for now in a heartbeat. Seasonally frosty here and Santa finally lost the plot - left at least 4 nets of avocados in my gym:angelic: Just to show what a rum cove i am. it will take a lot this Christmas to beat the pleasure I had seeing the mist snake along the fields and ditches whilst walking the dogs just before dark last evening.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...did some celebrating last night & have woken feeling reasonably seasonal...gearing up for the first visitors then looking forward to a Christmas morning walk with Harry once we've cleaned up the debris hope the recycling bin holds out:nailbiting:...woke to an okay 5.9

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all and Happy Christmas hope you all have a very special day.

My numbers this morning 5.3.

I hope you don't mind but for me a short prayer on this day of all days does not seem out of order or out of place.

"Thank You, Father, for spiritual leaders and faith-filled friends who keep encouraging us when we are close to giving up.

And although we have many reasons to rejoice today, Lord, we also know December 25th can be not-so-merry for a whole host of reasons. We pray for those who are experiencing loss this Christmas: relational, financial, spiritual and physical.

We pray for those who are coping with loving a prodigal and our friends and family members whose hearts are far from You. We pray for those dealing with unemployment and addictions and chronic sickness ... and unending pain and frustrations of all kinds. Thank You, Lord, that You are The Wonderful Counselor and Prince of Peace, even in the midst of our not-so-merry circumstances.

Finally, Lord, we ask You to grant us peace. Peace in our homes, peace in our churches, and peace in our hearts, when the world all around us spins out-of-control. Help us to stay focused on You, this Christmastime and always. Thank You for loving the whole world enough to send the greatest gift, Your Son, so that we might truly have a very merry Christmas. In Jesus' name, Amen."

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...did some celebrating last night & have woken feeling reasonably seasonal...gearing up for the first visitors then looking forward to a Christmas morning walk with Harry once we've cleaned up the debris hope the recycling bin holds out:nailbiting:...woke to an okay 5.9
The walk should be amazing - Beds is just over the border - wonderfully still and clear with that lovely frosty smell here. All I can hear are birds and crunch sound of grass as I walk. @JohnEGreen loving the prayer. As our vicar said in her homily last night/this morning, take Christ out of Christmas and all you are left with is M and S (other shops are available)

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning and Merry Christmas to all :happy:

4.4 today

the weather is a bit grey but who cares !

last nights frost has mostly gone, coffee and a shower next then an early short walk may be the order of the day before breakfast, mum and her little dog are coming here for dinner so there will probably be much walking with joyful dog frolicking on the beach later ;)

Hope your day treats you well and will be a joyous and safe one :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Christmas to one and all - wishing you all a wonderful day.
4.6 today lc baileys late night seems to lower my fbg - must be the cream
Enjoy whatever you are all planning today - some amazing acts of kindness and thoughtfulness out there with a special shout to our own kind member @HarrisonK - as well as all those Santa’s out there who have helped the real Santa get the gifts delivered - including our own goldfish Santa @rhubarb73 (loving your new clothes!)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas All. Some great posts this morning....loving pic of Harry and waiting for one of Banger the Beautiful when he’s done with the wrapping paper.
Lovely frosty morning in West Sussex, perfect Christmas Day weather. My FBG was 6.7 at 0800 but I made tons of smoked salmon on seeded bread yesterday and had more than my fair share...the daft thing is I dont even like smoked salmon! @HarrisonK hope your day gives you as much as you are giving. When you get back enjoy a treat yourself.
To everyone and their hounds, cats, crazy aunts or whoever you spend the day with have loads of fun. Hope those a bit unwell perk up and enjoy the day. I have heard a snuggly blanket, a Christmas movie and a glass of something is just the thing.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone and a very merry Christmas to all who celebrate I went to a lovely mass last night today’s blood sugar was 4.5 :) not sure how well my blood sugar is going to be after a lovely turkey dinner have a nice day everyone

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
"...Come in seal team,...ANY seal team please respond ....."

"Seal team 6 responding, roger....."

"Seal team 6..whats your status..over "

"...routine patrol..base..."
"...started taking enemy fire."
"...patrol now taking cover "
" ..Liver contact unexpectedly heavy "
".... incoming fire,..New kid, P'anKreas, hit..but he's stable "
"......sit-rep is .6,1."

" Target 5.0 Nowhere in site..."
"withdrawing to the couch to regroup..."

"Ok, seal team 6...
"Well done, getting the men to cover..."
"Now deep breath... and calm down son..."
" this was just a skirmish to find out our weak points"
"get the lads a bite to eat.."
"Then debrief my office in 02;00 hours..Over"

I feel Q might be able to help us! I will contact Miss Moneypenny after I've spoken with James over breakfast.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! Had the most magical morning seeing our princess open her presents. Now for a family packed day - 14 of us round my moms for Xmas dinner :)
4.1 greeted me and as an added Xmas bonus the scales confirmed I’ve officially lost 4 stone. I’d hoped for that by Xmas so am over the moon. Now to gain a few pound with as much turkey and pigs in blankets that I can fit on a plate! Have a wonderful day x