What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Returning home from our trip to London.
1100 at Kings Cross -one of those two egg pots with spinach from Waitrose.
1200, on the train - something with chicken covered with red sauce - chucked the spuds. Mrs Miggins giving it yes, yes, yes whenever the trolley pops round. So now she has a stash of cakes, crisps, biscuits and other stuff hanging around.
1800 - at home, bacon and eggs followed by a bit of cheese.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all managed another hike today in the sunshine my cheeks are getting redder maybe should have put sun cream on but it’s Feb and I am just so excited to get some sun on my face!
Breakfast - as stuff to do before hike - one slice of bacon and one egg
Lunch flask coffee and cream while on hike
Dinner salmon in lemon butter, cauliflower cheese and asparagus with white wine spritzer followed by last of this lc lemon cake with yoghurt and cream.
Have a good evening all. Lots of catch up jobs to do this weekend including if weather good some time needed in garden! I much prefer the outdoor jobs......

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Like @Brunneria playing catch up, but unlike her I had a chocolate fest yesterday. Waaay too much of it - must remember that the purchase of 3 bars/packs of Hotel Chocolat goodies at the cheaper rate is not cheaper if you eat them all at once :D

Have joined in the Copy Me That fest - changed my username to the same as on here so you’ll have a fighting chance of finding me. Have found a few of you.

Have been enjoying the warm weather - walked home from work today (the scenic 7.5 mile route) in t-shirt. Glorious. Also more restrained on the food front: no chocky!

Brunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos. Couple of hours later before setting out to walk home had a bag of pork crackling and dinner was bone in sirloin steak with garlic butter followed by extra thick double cream and a single serve of almond butter.

Those of you who remember sofa gate may be interested to know that the replacement is due tomorrow. Let’s hope this one fits through the door!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rubbish day at work today. Endless meetings and interruptions! One of those days when you feel exhausted but didn't actually achieve anything! :arghh: So glad it's Friday! Looking forward to getting started on Copy Me That. Hoping I've found everyone, but feel free to look me up if I've missed you (username same as on here).

Okay, so today's menu was:

Breakfast: Orange and almond chia pudding (note to self, buy almond extract). Usual coffee and cream.
Lunch: Leftover moussaka - really delicious and better reheated. Mr B also had a portion of what have been coined in our house 'Lovely Nuts' (TM).
Afternoon: Almond milk cappuccino for Mr B. Black coffee for me.
Dinner: Fat head pizza topped with chorizo and asparagus, salad leaves. A couple of the homemade valentines chocs. Decaf tea.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Like @Brunneria playing catch up, but unlike her I had a chocolate fest yesterday. Waaay too much of it - must remember that the purchase of 3 bars/packs of Hotel Chocolat goodies at the cheaper rate is not cheaper if you eat them all at once :D

Have joined in the Copy Me That fest - changed my username to the same as on here so you’ll have a fighting chance of finding me. Have found a few of you.

Have been enjoying the warm weather - walked home from work today (the scenic 7.5 mile route) in t-shirt. Glorious. Also more restrained on the food front: no chocky!

Brunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos. Couple of hours later before setting out to walk home had a bag of pork crackling and dinner was bone in sirloin steak with garlic butter followed by extra thick double cream and a single serve of almond butter.

Those of you who remember sofa gate may be interested to know that the replacement is due tomorrow. Let’s hope this one fits through the door!

Have added you to my Recipe Circle in CMT
What is a single serve of almond butter??? ( 1 jar in my book)
Good luck with the sofa.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have added you to my Recipe Circle in CMT
What is a single serve of almond butter??? ( 1 jar in my book)
Good luck with the sofa.
I was going to ask the same question!

Reactions: DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
15/02
Breakfast: Tea, no grain granola and on hovis biscuit with cottage cheese, more tea
No exercises today
Mid morning coffee.
13.28 pre lunch 6.4 ??
Lunch small slice of carrot pave with ham and mayonnaise, water, four cheese slices, coffee
Life interferes was not able to check BG after lunch.
Didn't bother checking before dinner.
Dinner beef casserole, three veg mash, and cabbage. Glass of water
According to app am 112 calories short again and that would have been more without the handful of brazil nuts this afternoon.
I could have had ice cream, or berries with cream, but eating because I need more calories, its not sustainable. And its expensive.

Have been trying for months to stop weight loss
Maybe it doesn't matter if weight falls?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still in hospital.
Not well enough to eat breakfast or lunch.
Mid afternoon: Greek yoghurt and black coffee
Dinner: cheese omelette and salad followed by Greek yoghurt, SF jelly and a couple of strawberries.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather makes such a difference to everything so I am a wholly nicer, kinder little boy today - I play much nicer in sunny weather. Hope everbod peeps here and abroad had soupy fish days.
Tea for breakfast - just the 5 pints. Lunch: 2 squares Green and Blacks Velvet mint dark chocolate (5.9 gms carb) - much more to my taste than plain 100%; 3 slices tongue and 2 or 3 rashers streaky bacon - sloppy really. Afternoon - cocoa with soy milk,almond milk and cream; Evening meal; 1 proper duck breast and 2 duck breast portions (1 was Julie's) - so much better than chicken and most red meat just not cheap; red little gem, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms fried in the duck fat; raspberry mousse from yesterday (SF jelly and cream); Only just finished evening meal so not sure how safe the new batch of smoked cheddar is.
That’s my favourite chocolate! Reminds me of an after 8 :)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
All productions of Cinderella need two outrageously cross dressed sisters. If not, it’s just a weak take of a young fantasist in love with her footwear.

Dunelm, I agree with you! and I have to say, I always thought it had been two, but since I couldn’t see them didn’t know. They are hyping the one, is allO know. I’ll know for sure tonight! And Stepmamma has always been played by a dancer now 77 with a devastating comic face, but this year they have a seriously injured regular company member who has to be kept on payroll and working so she got it. Ah well.

Reactions: Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh I remember now! I’ve asked you about them before, and in fact bought a couple from H&B when you said they sold them. How could I have forgotten? They were quite pricey but probably worth it for the in built portion control. I must get more.
I was in Sainsbury’s today and picked up, and put down a jar of almond butter about 6 times. I left it in the end, quite proud of myself.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well as far as Fridays go today has been one of the best - scales showed under 11 stone - no idea the last time that happened. Just one pound off my 5 stone now. My mom had a sort out and found a bag full of old clothes which included a dress I bought whilst in Uganda for a wedding - try it on my mom said - it only fits. Not that I’d ever wear it out but have decided it’s perfect for when me and Ellie play princesses and I can just feel nice that I can say I’m wearing clothes I did when I was 18 :D
Breakfast - montezuma Black Forest gateau chocolate with cup of coffee
Lunch - 2 chicken & veg skewers with mayo
Dinner - 3 Cumberland sausage, 3 thick smoky bacon, 1 fried egg, mushrooms, grilled tomato and a tiny rosti (7g carb)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Goonergal found you on CMT and added you to my recipe circle. I just bought TEN bars of Lindt 90% on sale but if I ate even one whole one I’d have cardiac arrest Good luck on the new sofa!
@SlimLizzy what a predicament. I feel for you
@Rachox aw sorry! Is it the opioids?
@Emma_369 wow, that is mighty impressive, being your teenage size again.