What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

Still paying for last night’s Ikea trip - @Emma_369 I did manage a mad dash on Sunday - in and out in 40 minutes. Last night I spent a bit longer and then decided to assemble a chest of drawers once I got home. Bed at 1.30am and up not much after 4.30am. Early to bed tonight. @DCUKMod LOL. Half the fun of Ikea is finding all the things you never knew you needed.

Lunch today was smoked salmon and and M&S whipped creamy cheese - found some more @DJC3

Dinner - a mini-forum rendezvous with @Diakat at Five Guys. Bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and a touch of raw onion. They did their best to make me eat more veg by wrapping in lettuce rather than putting in a bowl, but it was discarded as enthusiastically as the bun! Talk of almond butter at dinner has led to a dessert at home of a single serve of said butter with extra thick double cream.
Have you tried the M&S almond butter? I bought it today and it tastes amazing. I think it must be something to do with the right amount of sea salt! A tad expensive compared with the Aldi version I usually buy!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh....and in other news, I tried on a size 12 pair of jeans in M&S today and they fitted! This time last year my size 18 jeans felt tight! Sorry to derail the thread with non food related stuff, but I have to share my joy!

Yay! You are excused derailing with such great news!

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
19-03
breakfast; 2 slices burgen toast with 50g castello blue cheese, two cups of tea.
lunch, salad, minus tomato. hummous, olives , ham, avocado. 2 clementines bit under 100g together.
dinner; 70g chicken leg, 50g potato, 70g green beans, 60g cauliflower, 60g carrots, gravy
Then icecream, about 100g. Still needing calories and protein, so 50g mixed varieties of cheese and a slice of ham.
That should do it. ( would have been easier to have glass of wine) but no protein in that
am giving it one more week before I throw away the plan and just eat...

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh....and in other news, I tried on a size 12 pair of jeans in M&S today and they fitted! This time last year my size 18 jeans felt tight! Sorry to derail the thread with non food related stuff, but I have to share my joy!
thats wonderful BibaBee, are you buying an entire new wardrobe?

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you found the whipped creamy cheese again @Goonergal . Was @Diakat impressed with 5guys?

@BibaBee what is the carb count on the M&S almond butter? The Aldi one is pretty low I think, as is Tesco own brand.

Reactions: Chook

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried the M&S almond butter? I bought it today and it tastes amazing. I think it must be something to do with the right amount of sea salt! A tad expensive compared with the Aldi version I usually buy!

Ooh. Have never seen that. I often add salt as some of the brands don’t include it at all. The Sainsbury’s one is good too - a bit runny but tasty. Favourite otherwise is Pip and Nut crunchy.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I need to try the Konjac spaghetti. Not sure where to get it from.
try sainsburys, i saw konjac needles there, maybe they sell the spaghetti as well?

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please what is inulin?
Inulin is powdered soluble fibre that you can mix with liquid to add fibre to your diet. It can also be used as a baking ingredient as a sugar replacement- although not very sweet - it also caramelises. Most are ground artichoke or chicory root. I use it in my morning coffee and love it and also add in to many baked goods eg lemon drizzle cake for caramelisation as it’s just about zero cal. You need to build it up slowly though as your gut adjusts. There is also research about its good effects on your gut bacteria, sleep etc.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Has anyone made crumble? Do you just substitute almond flour?
ground almonds contain oil, so I found it clumps, adding a little coconut flour improves the texture. use sweetener of choice instead of sugar.

Reactions: DJC3

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad you found the whipped creamy cheese again @Goonergal . Was @Diakat impressed with 5guys?

@BibaBee what is the carb count on the M&S almond butter? The Aldi one is pretty low I think, as is Tesco own brand.
4.9g per 100g. It's literally just roasted almonds and sea salt, no added oil. Not sure how it measures up to the Aldi one.

Reactions: DJC3

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thats wonderful BibaBee, are you buying an entire new wardrobe?
I had to do that a few months ago....I held off for ages until I reached a size 14. I actually got tons of bargains on eBay. M&S tend to be generous on the sizing, so I need to try on some things elsewhere too. I just knew my jeans were starting to get loose, which was a good sign.

Edited for poor grammar!

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
try sainsburys, i saw konjac needles there, maybe they sell the spaghetti as well?
Thanks. I live in a village and have a small Morrisons and an Aldi nearby. Sainsbury’s is more of a trek. After some googling I suspect I might be able to get some in the Morrisons so will try at the weekend.