What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning to all in the Eastern (and points west) time zone, Good Afternoon to everyone closer to the Prime Meridian, and to @RichardHawkings and any others in the Philippines and thereabouts, Good Day.

After about 4 hours' sleep I woke to an FBG of 7.5 (which is better than the 8.3 the first finger reported). The KittenCat seemed to want one of her toes pricked as well, until she saw how few strips were left in the pot. And on the subject of pots, I am enjoying my third mug of coffee from my new coffee pot and served in my pretty new insulated mug. It's supposed to keep hot beverages hot for 8 hours ... we'll see.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sidney does think he's a cat when he wants a cuddle
IMG_20190314_210235_641.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And on the subject of pots, I am enjoying my third mug of coffee from my new coffee pot and served in my pretty new insulated mug. It's supposed to keep hot beverages hot for 8 hours ... we'll see.

I’ve got one of those, I’ve never managed to keep coffee in it for 8 hrs though!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today.

Had my friend for dinner this evening. Not literally. Just a quicky before I collapse into bed. I had my monthly diabetic meeting today. Talk about feeling gutted. Plates of biscuits greeted me. These are some of the people who attended my first reversing diabetes talk. Fighting a lost cause!!!! Won't give up.

Attachments

• 20190320_160057.jpg
    20190320_160057.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 110

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gutted for you @Debandez .

Seems you can lead a horse to water . :rolleyes:

Worked with guy yesterday,..a little chat. He's been T2D a number of years .thought we'd have something in common.

Starts telling me he's on insulin many years so all good..I tell him my story .Not really interested..no biggee getting used to that

But then starts telling me how good the insulin is, as he just loves sweets so much .:wideyed:

Then tells me I can ask docs for glucose sweets in case I get a hyper/hypo. Not sure which he meant

Lovely fella, but I'm trying my hardest to avoid any more meds
I started about how I now eat better, but the glazed look told me I'd be wasting my time.

However I did take Kudos from when being asked if I wanted chips, I said I can't, I'm pretty strict about what I eat . :woot:
No that I'm not, but that those words fell from MY lips.:***:

Maybe I'm turning into a food snob, but it felt right AND it felt good :D

Good luck with your next semester of new diabetics.:)

gkyeo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Question time. :)
Does anyone else who regularly has higher BGL in the morning eg 8+ find that by having a small protein snack, like a handful of almonds, at bedtime can drop your morning BGL?
Last night I was 6.9 ate some almonds and woke at 3.8 plus a foul headache. I'm on a pump so no change in basal insulin.
I'm trying to figure if this is just me or if others have noticed this effect.
Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HAHAHA..... Finally....First on the Grid of Greatness :D

At airport...silly o'Clock....FBG 5.8.

Shock at the earliness of the day seems to have confounded my dastardly enemy El Liver ..who was throwing out 6's last week,
like one of those Kung Fu ninjas.

Fully prepared for some interesting battles up in the '' FOOD ZONE" Combat arena on this year's adventure.

The rules of any 'R & R'..have Been fully briefed to me, by the lovely Lauren of Arabia..

Food where permitted, will be permitted.
Alcohol where permitted, will be permitted.

Tomato sauce on ANYTHING will involve a SHOUTING penalty.

Shirt off on beach acceptable.
Shirt off while riding scooter through villages n towns.. NOT Acceptable.

Enjoying the "Quiet" silences between us will be deemed Rude,
and carries a much misunderstood painful and miserable punishment for any self respecting Husband, worthy of the name,
of an hour or TWO
( :) ;)) of The old silent routine..:D

Rules explained, T & C's accepted.

Let the 2019 HUNGER GAMES,
Commence..:watching:

Last edited: