What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks from the capital of the USA - on a plane again yesterday so didn’t post.
Breakfast at my sisters house: Texas saussage, another double Yolker and some avocado.
Lunch in the airport; a boiled egg, some cheese of some sort and a few walnuts.
Dinner, probably the worst meal ever in the USA - in a so called restaurant; crab cakes then a chicken salad. I had to hire bloodhounds to hunt down the chicken and they found two teeny weeny pieces huddled together, cowering, under a lettuce leaf.
Can’t win them all. A begrudged 10% tip and two pennies side by side as a mark of shame.
Have a great day if you can, plan your dining out meals with care if you can’t.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Chook there’s also a proprietary compound called Composure Max that has a calming effect. I first saw it in the autism world, but it’s now made for pets too. Vit B-1, L-Theanine, and a colostrum biopeptide blend. It works wonders on my hyperactive cat (who kept chasing the old female who’d been cured of her spraying/marking by Feliway), and zombified her and the third cat. Only the hyper cat gets it. No zombie cats allowed.

He's pretty much okay now. He's learned the way my other two dogs deal with loud noises or other stress - he runs straight to the treat cupboard. Years and years ago when we were only a one dog family we had a nervy but wonderful black Lab called George. George would have 'accidents' when under fireworks or other stress and, so that he didn't think we were angry over the accident, we would give him a treat. After a couple of years of this he worked out that he could go straight to the treat cupboard after a loud bang and not bother with the accident. When we got him a puppy for company he taught the puppy about ignoring loud noises and getting treats... and that puppy taught the next one and so on down the years - the difference with the current dog is that he's a sort of rescue so we didn't have him from a puppy (and he carne to live here with loads of behavioural problems) but he's picked it up now.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Chook there’s also a proprietary compound called Composure Max that has a calming effect. I first saw it in the autism world, but it’s now made for pets too. Vit B-1, L-Theanine, and a colostrum biopeptide blend. It works wonders on my hyperactive cat (who kept chasing the old female who’d been cured of her spraying/marking by Feliway), and zombified her and the third cat. Only the hyper cat gets it. No zombie cats allowed.

Incidentally, i used to work with autistic adults in their residential settings and it was standard procedure to have lavender and/or hops in a pot pourri if we had a new service user or one of our usual ones was going through a stressful time. It really did seem to help.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
May be no other suitable food today so this could well be the final roundup. TWAM and cocoa to drink until about 2nd half of Spurs game then chicken and avocado salad with h/m mayo. Right now that would be around 11 gms carbs - bet testing would still show 45678.9 on meter.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2MAD day for me
No breakfast except CWC which I’m not counting
L: 2egg cheese and spinach omelette. Then sf jelly&Gk yog.
D:H/m bunless beefburger topped with 2rashers streaky bacon and haloumi. Spinach leaves with avocado oil mayo.
Too full for pud so relaxing now with my new favourite - raspberry gin&Dash raspberry water.

Searching on fb group now for IP brisket recipe for tomorrow. One looks promising. 40 mins HP then 30 mins NPR ( after sealing on all sides and deglazing w red wine, stock and herbs) that was for a 500g joint and I think ours will be about twice that - does that sound ok to IP affictionados? anyone have a tried and tested Recipe?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Early start meant missing the hotel cooked breakfast and the boxed breakfast was all carbs except the water. So ditched that hoping to get something at the airport. Unsurprisingly plenty of pizza at the airport so I was only able to eat some mixed nuts. Almost starved through the flight back to Manchester.

Breakfast: Mixed nuts and water.
Lunch : Mixed nuts, water and a couple of wafers that were very low carb.
Early Dinner: Thai chicken and mushroom with vegetable stir fry. Thai broccoli with boiled egg and pork kebab. Water.
Supper : Greek youghurt and raspberries. Tea.

Bought some halloumi cheese today, first time ever. And shall fry it tomorrow.

38610911-B8F5-48ED-A3E3-44CF7B10DE3E.jpeg

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May be no other suitable food today so this could well be the final roundup. TWAM and cocoa to drink until about 2nd half of Spurs game then chicken and avocado salad with h/m mayo. Right now that would be around 11 gms carbs - bet testing would still show 45678.9 on meter.
Didn’t they do well!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still trying to keep FBG down. Anyway yesterday was:
Breakfast: usual 1 slice HiLo toast with butter, tea.
Lunch: same as breakfast as travelled to Kent and was the easiest option at friends house.
Supper: roasted med veg small portion. Utterly exhausted.
Today:
Usual breakfast.
Lunch: 2 cooked chicken thighs and small salad.
Supper: indian t/a. Chicken Bhuna and cauli bhajee.
Couple glasses wine and water.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all another busy working day again but planned three small meals as my bgs seem to do better with this than long periods of not eating.
Breakfast one slice bacon and one egg
Lunch a few nuts, three lc seeded crispbreads and tin of sardines in olive oil
Dinner chicken curry with glass of gin and soda followed by a few teaspoons of choc pudding with extra thick cream and two squares of montezumas with decaff coffee.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two mini san marzano tomatoes with a smidge of low sugar ketchup (I didn’t eat even half of what’s in the pic!) followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: chocolate Carb Killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese style cold sliced pork with cauliflower and broccoli, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by Oppo vanilla cheesecake with cream and LC chocolate granola.

7B85CC07-4C5F-49CB-89D8-DFE32BDF0C3D.jpeg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone remember a 1970s TV sitcom called Butterflies with (I think) Wendy Craig?

@Chook I used to love butterflies. It was Wendy Craig - her secret bit on the side used to irritate the hell out of me though!

Playing catch up again - haven’t read through the whole thread yet, got excited by butterflies!

Managed an OMAD day today after several days of over indulgence. Dinner was at Nando’s. Two plain legs, side of grilled halloumi and some added butter on the chicken. Had a 25g bar of Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate for dessert.

Started unpacking back at my flat this evening - will move back in tomorrow morning. Got into the bathroom and discovered that one of the walls hadn’t been tiled - painted instead. Miscommunication somewhere. Will get done but probably in a week or so. Otherwise all looks good and just a few odds and ends (hanging curtains/blinds) and snagging tomorrow. Will be good to be back, even if it’s going to take a while to rehouse everything.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox am loving the pics.
Would do them myself, but my food is just brown meat. Hahaha!

Except today, when it was yellow stuff - cheese for lunch, and scram eggs this evening. :)
Thank you for the compliment, I just enjoy photography (even if I only use my iPhone!) and brightening up the thread!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook I used to love butterflies. It was Wendy Craig - her secret bit on the side used to irritate the hell out of me though!

Playing catch up again - haven’t read through the whole thread yet, got excited by butterflies!

Managed an OMAD day today after several days of over indulgence. Dinner was at Nando’s. Two plain legs, side of grilled halloumi and some added butter on the chicken. Had a 25g bar of Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate for dessert.

Started unpacking back at my flat this evening - will move back in tomorrow morning. Got into the bathroom and discovered that one of the walls hadn’t been tiled - painted instead. Miscommunication somewhere. Will get done but probably in a week or so. Otherwise all looks good and just a few odds and ends (hanging curtains/blinds) and snagging tomorrow. Will be good to be back, even if it’s going to take a while to rehouse everything.
Well done on your OMAD - and also moving on with unpacking.good luck with moving back in tomorrow hope it all goes well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up of bacon, eggs, mushrooms and two mini san marzano tomatoes with a smidge of low sugar ketchup (I didn’t eat even half of what’s in the pic!) followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: chocolate Carb Killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese style cold sliced pork with cauliflower and broccoli, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by Oppo vanilla cheesecake with cream and LC chocolate granola.

View attachment 32336
Hi @Rachox photos very tempting. How many carbs are in an oppo cheesecake? I’ve got a voucher for them may be an idea if not too high.

Reactions: Chook

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Rachox photos very tempting. How many carbs are in an oppo cheesecake? I’ve got a voucher for them may be an idea if not too high.
I had a voucher too, plus they are on offer in Sainsbury’s just now, so I ended up only paying £1 each, I got two! They have polyols in, so the carbs look shocking to begin with, but work out as around 8g per pot once you’ve subtracted them, depending on flavour :hungry:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a voucher too, plus they are on offer in Sainsbury’s just now, so I ended up only paying £1 each, I got two! They have polyols in, so the carbs look shocking to begin with, but work out as around 8g per pot once you’ve subtracted them, depending on flavour :hungry:
That sounds promising. I’m quite good at small portions so could do half of one with some cream to keep my carbs low in total. Will try to pop into Sainsburys when back from York’s - working tomorrow and then up to York’s on Monday. Thank you.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Havent seen the Sainsburys 25g bars of chocolate - ready made portion control sounds good. How many carbs in a bar?
Glad your flat is ( almost) finished. Bet you can’t wait to move back home.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Havent seen the Sainsburys 25g bars of chocolate - ready made portion control sounds good. How many carbs in a bar?
Glad your flat is ( almost) finished. Bet you can’t wait to move back home.

Unfortunately they come in packs of 5 x 25g bars! 4 have to go in the freezer. There must be a gap in the market for someone to sell small bars of very high percentage cocoa chocolate. They’re about 4g carbs a bar - 16 point something per 100g. Quite good for 85% chocolate.

Really looking forward to being back home.