What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning. I woke up to the dulcet sounds of a bin lorry trundling around. Green and burgundy today...nuff said... I pottered to the magic machine and a 3.2 replied. I headed over to the dolly mixtures and my cuppa. Not quite the breakfast of kings...

Morening, I gave you a hug symbol because of the 3.2, but I am still chuckling over your description of the bins.
Have a good day, and remember you have made somebody smile today.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. I woke up to the dulcet sounds of a bin lorry trundling around. Green and burgundy today...nuff said... I pottered to the magic machine and a 3.2 replied. I headed over to the dolly mixtures and my cuppa. Not quite the breakfast of kings...

Ah! I had forgot that it is bin day - luckily Mrs Miggins had placed our general waste bin out last night - it’s wetter than an otters pocket out there.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, don't forget it's international bin day today, colours are immaterial, unless you are colour blind, if so don't join the bomb squad.

Today a rather young frisky 5.6 sprang out of the meter and is now running round the garden.

Well today folks apart it being national bin day what are your plans for today, I would like to share my plans for today with you all, but unfortunately I am sworn to secrecy.
Ps Avoid Reading I have bought a few solar powered traffic lights hehehehe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, don't forget it's international bin day today, colours are immaterial, unless you are colour blind, if so don't join the bomb squad.

Today a rather young frisky 5.6 sprang out of the meter and is now running round the garden.

Well today folks apart it being national bin day what are your plans for today, I would like to share my plans for today with you all, but unfortunately I am sworn to secrecy.
Ps Avoid Reading I have bought a few solar powered traffic lights hehehehe.
Oh Alfred, what shall one do with you? Have you forgotten so soon the last imbroglio with a frisky young thing? Still, perhaps the inevitable lurid tabloid headlines will replace the tales of the number of lines enjoyed by the unspeakable .

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Haven't been on board for some time. Last fbs was 8.1. It's 21/2 weeks since mum broke her hip and we are still visiting hospital c6 hours/ day. Mum has now recovered from her surgery and infection but her legs are permanently bent at the knees so she cannot walk and her Alzheimer's has progressed. She cannot understand where she is, why she is there and why she cannot go home. She is so anxious and needs constant reassurance and I am spoon feeding her with many of her main meals. The hospital have requested an assessment placement for mum to discover what happens next but as yet we haven't heard where or when. It is so hard leaving mum at the end of visiting time as she begs me to take her home. Sadly, unless there is great improvement, it is looking like she won't be able to go back home. :(We are taking each day as it comes and praying all goes well for mum. The only good thing at the moment is I've lost several lbs in weight due to the long walks to/ from and around the hospital. Every cloud-------. Best wishes to you all:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Haven't been on board for some time. Last fbs was 8.1. It's 21/2 weeks since mum broke her hip and we are still visiting hospital c6 hours/ day. Mum has now recovered from her surgery and infection but her legs are permanently bent at the knees so she cannot walk and her Alzheimer's has progressed. She cannot understand where she is, why she is there and why she cannot go home. She is so anxious and needs constant reassurance and I am spoon feeding her with many of her main meals. The hospital have requested an assessment placement for mum to discover what happens next but as yet we haven't heard where or when. It is so hard leaving mum at the end of visiting time as she begs me to take her home. Sadly, unless there is great improvement, it is looking like she won't be able to go back home. :(We are taking each day as it comes and praying all goes well for mum. The only good thing at the moment is I've lost several lbs in weight due to the long walks to/ from and around the hospital. Every cloud-------. Best wishes to you all:)
My heart goes out to you, your family and your mum. Your post certainly puts concerns about fbg levels into context. Best wishes and prayers for all concerned.

Reactions: Shas3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
My heart goes out to you, your family and your mum. Your post certainly puts concerns about fbg levels into context. Best wishes and prayers for all concerned.
Thank you so much ianpspurs. You are very kind.:)

Reactions: Shas3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.9 today for me

our internet is a bit flakey today :sorry: but this often happens when BT are working at the small exchange up the road from the village ;)
It's a grey day here today so gardening is largely off the menu since our electric brush trimmer died at the beginning of the week, a replacement is on the way which means a moratorium on my constructive destructive tendencies for now :D
We do also have a small petrol one (which lives at mum's) but I personally find that one a bit heavy sometimes since I tore part of my rotator cuff a few years ago.

@dogslife sending a hug to you and your family in these difficult circumstances

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do miss my car, haven't been without one since I passed my test at 17 so it was a big decision. Not being able to just wake up and go on a random journey is what I miss most. So, doing the occasional journey for my friend is nice.

My 18-year-old car died nearly 7 years ago, 3 days before I was due to move here from BirmingHAM. I have been without a car ever since, for the first time since I was 16, and I hate it. But the traffic here is notoriously bad, and I don't enjoy getting out and traveling by car, and I am glad I'm not the one having to deal with the traffic. What I miss is the independence, the freedom to go where I want to go when I want to, without the stress of having to be ready to go on someone else's schedule, or the stress of being ready to walk out the door and then having to wait on someone else -- it's not that I mind the waiting mentally but I don't deal well with it physically.

On the other hand, I know I could not afford to keep up a car now -- oil changes, tires, etc. -- and the new ones don't seem like they'd be fun to drive, they're more like computers on wheels than mechanical magic carpets. I like to shift gears, not press buttons.

But if I could move to Blandford Forum, I would certainly like to hire a car at Gatwick and ask you to meet me there and drive me to Blandford!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly, unless there is great improvement, it is looking like she won't be able to go back home
It must be so difficult for you & the family dogslife...as you say the best way is to deal with it day by day...you have my utmost admiration for the care & attention you and your family devote to your mothers welfare...it most be a comfort to her you attend daily.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I feel for you all, @dogslife . I am so sorry to hear about your mum. I went through similar situations with Mama. Prayers and hugs for you.

@gennepher I hope that your appointment went well and that by now you are safely home and dry.

@ianpspurs thank you for the laugh. I was picturing @alf_Josiah 's FBG as a pony let out of the barn after breakfast.

@Bildad I hope your mum's appointment went well.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My thoughts and prayers are with you at his difficult time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from the hospital now. The appointment lasted all of 2 minutes. All clear for the moment check again in 3 months. Thank you all for your concern.
Fantastic news. Must be a weight off both your mum's and your mind.

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone. I had a splendid meet for coffee in the land of Poldark with the wonderful @DJC3 and we didnt come up for air for two hours.
@dogslife sorry to hear how difficult it is for you all and of course your mum. You are doing everything and more than it is possible to do. Hugs for you all to find a satisfactory way forward. Dont forget to take care of YOU.
@SaskiaKC if you can get yourself to Gatwick I dont think you will have any problem getting someone to drive you to Blandford. We could do a rota for days out exploring while Bobs and Daisy could show the KC their naughty tricks and splendid rugs!
@Bildad glad it went well with your mum at the hospital even if it was rushed.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
little quote for today
FB_IMG_1560268212424.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a 5.7 on the dice, hope your appointment goes well and they sort your implant out @gennepher, I've driven across to Holyhead for the ferry many times in the past, safe journey.

Thank you. Back now. Still problems. They cannot sort out why app to control it from my phone keeps crashing. I showed them reviews of the app where others say the same thing. Oh, we have heard of that they said. So why isn’t it sorted I ask. Well it is new technology they said. It is still being worked on....huh???

The rain was horrendous this morning. Visibility was near nil, and the rain flooding was unbelievable. Yet, as the crow flies, 10 miles away my friend had no rain!!!

Hope you had a good day

>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau