What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised that today I complete two months since returning to this forum, two months also since deciding to take back control of my diabetes.

Since some people were discussing using spreadsheets, graphs and apps I thought I would share my own record of my progress. Units are in mg/dl instead of mmol/l but you will still get the general idea:

For two months since 15/7/2019

View attachment 34306View attachment 34307

For last 30 days

View attachment 34308View attachment 34309View attachment 34310View attachment 34311
To my untrained eye all the tickities look wholly boo so great job @pavlosn. Very comprehensive analysis there - what is the app if you don't mind me asking?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At least the chips were ‘hand made’ if not hand cut dunelm. Here they mostly come out of the freezer. And do they really use lard?
One of the treats I’m looking forward to, , if and when I ever get my bg levels down far enough on a regular basis, will be to eat some fish n chips from the fish shop Dad uses. They have the best of ingredients, gorgeous Norfolk fish, local potatoes and regularly changed oil/fat, whatever they use gives good results.

Yep, Beef Dripping they call it - lard. They also do a gluten free batter for those of a delicate disposition. Living on the coast has great advantages for the discerning fish and chip aficionado - not that good though for those who present sloppily made fish and chips, made with mediocre ingredients.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised that today I complete two months since returning to this forum, two months also since deciding to take back control of my diabetes.

Since some people were discussing using spreadsheets, graphs and apps I thought I would share my own record of my progress. Units are in mg/dl instead of mmol/l but you will still get the general idea:

For two months since 15/7/2019

View attachment 34306View attachment 34307

For last 30 days

View attachment 34308View attachment 34309View attachment 34310View attachment 34311
All moving in the right direction. All the best information in the tails (outliers).

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
For those perplexed by random bg levels, weight fluctuations and many other mysterious changes there is a very simple explanation. The not widely known unday is a fenland secret which fully explains everything. https://www.dennisofgruntyfen.co.uk/2018/11/16/the-rev-barmy-barnard/ Please don't share this secret too widely as those living above sea level may not understand.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To my untrained eye all the tickities look wholly boo so great job @pavlosn. Very comprehensive analysis there - what is the app if you don't mind me asking?
The app is called Diabetes:M and I use the free Android version. There is a premium version with extra facilities (for a monthly fee) but I find that the free version is more than sufficient for my purposes.

Regards

Pavlos
Screenshot_20190715-120747_DiabetesM.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

5.1 for me today

I think it's time for me to go back to a stricter accounting for a few weeks, I'm not eating anything unusual but my weight has risen a bit (@4kg from my lowest), perhaps I need to be a bit stricter in toeing the line ;)

Having had weight problems for most of my life I don't think my metabolism is ever going to allow me to 'eat until I'm full' .

Maintainance of weight and bg control is such a balancing act isn't it and T2D keeps changing the topography (bit like trying to ride a segway scooter when the ground level changes unexpectedly all the time :hilarious: )

Lovely sunny day here currently but we have to wait in for the delivery of the shelving intended for mr. gee's shed. Could be the moment to get out the strimmer and put on my gardening 'strides' :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

5.1 for me today

I think it's time for me to go back to a stricter accounting for a few weeks, I'm not eating anything unusual but my weight has risen a bit (@4kg from my lowest), perhaps I need to be a bit stricter in toeing the line ;)

Having had weight problems for most of my life I don't think my metabolism is ever going to allow me to 'eat until I'm full' .

Maintainance of weight and bg control is such a balancing act isn't it and T2D keeps changing the topography (bit like trying to ride a segway scooter when the ground level changes unexpectedly all the time :hilarious: )

Lovely sunny day here currently but we have to wait in for the delivery of the shelving intended for mr. gee's shed. Could be the moment to get out the strimmer and put on my gardening 'strides' :)

Agree it is all a tricky balancing act but you are a beacon for us all so don't fret it will all come right. You know it makes sense Rodney.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.1 for me today

You and I are in the same boat, it seems, as to our weight and eating and segways. Good analogy! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy to see a 4.8 this morning. Up early packing for the journey back to Cornwall. Why didn’t I do more of it yesterday?
@Bildad hugs for the migraine again. When do you get the results of your scan?
@SaskiaKC I couldn’t open the video - I’m trying to figure out which song it was but I never bought any Wings albums.

I'm sorry about the video. The song is "Single Pigeon," with one line addressing a "single seagull, flying over Regent's Park Canal ... " and your post put the song in my head. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the difference might be the spot that you focus on - they always measured and marked that when I had glasses (before cataract ops). Though I had multi focals so those are probably different animals altogether.

You're right about the spot. When you order online you have to measure your own pupillary distance, which is the millimeters between the middle of one pupil and the middle of the other. Opticians have done it with a penned dot on the display lenses. With some lenses, another measurement is the base curve, which one optician got wrong on a pair of glasses for me years ago -- hopefully this online company will get it right.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.3 this morning probably a hangover from Sat nights fish and chips. With all the excitement of the tennis and cricket we forgot to put our bin out so no bin day for us today. @karen8967 hope by now bg is improved. @DJC3 have a safe and ‘sail through’ journey back to Cornwall. @SaskiaKC re-read to find your photos I missed yesterday, well worth it, do you know where they were taken? Good luck with the glasses. If I buy chain optician stores glasses the independent optician has a way of checking them against the prescription. @Bildad hug for the migraine and bad night.
Have the best Monday you can everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Thank you. :) I took the storm cloud pictures with my phone through my window.

Viv19

Yep, Beef Dripping they call it - lard. They also do a gluten free batter for those of a delicate disposition. Living on the coast has great advantages for the discerning fish and chip aficionado - not that good though for those who present sloppily made fish and chips, made with mediocre ingredients.

I remember staying with friends in Cheshire, we decided to go the easy route and feed the two families fish and chips. My friend checked who wanted to have fish and chips, everyone. Then I said ‘ but you haven’t asked them what kind of fish they want.’ She looked at me in a ‘viv’s lost the plot’ kind of way, and said ‘they have ‘fish.’ No particular kind just bits of white fish fried in batter.
Coming from East Anglia where fish is landed at so many seaside towns, we have the choice of cod, haddock, plaice, maybe others, can’t remember.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry about the video. The song is "Single Pigeon," with one line addressing a "single seagull, flying over Regent's Park Canal ... " and your post put the song in my head. :)

Ah thanks - I’ve listened to it now and understand! I’ve never heard it before though it is my era. It’s a nice song and I see why it would spring to mind. I’d have been singing it all the way if I’d known it!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah thanks - I’ve listened to it now and understand! I’ve never heard it before though it is my era. It’s a nice song and I see why it would spring to mind. I’d have been singing it all the way if I’d known it!
Reminds me of Jonathon Livingstone Seagull, a book adapted to music by Neil Diamond which was amazing. Anyone get this too?

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reminds me of Jonathon Livingstone Seagull, a book adapted to music by Neil Diamond which was amazing. Anyone get this too?

I don’t know the Neil Diamond music version but the book was a major part of my teenage years - I loved it and bought a copy for my daughter when she was going through a confused and troubled time.
I like Neil Diamond so I’m going to look it up. Thanks