What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just so your post and Debs don't look daft. Rosa (11 weeks) and her wretched old granddad.
View attachment 34530

So sweet!

But you must have cropped the pic -- I don't see any wretched old granddad in that pic.

I will take the liberty of adding a pic of Moana for you, @PenguinMum .

716359-576a.jpg

tagging @jjraak for the Hawaii theme.

Reactions: geefull

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh bliss, oh rapture! 5 weeks of nursing my body to some kind of functionality since last time I exercised. Nothing major but 30 mins on exercise bike with tuneage from very old ipod shuffle. No chest hr monitor and no flat out but happy with average 13.5 mph and amazing selection of tunes from way back when. LC food can't begin to reach the pleasure receptors that did. Recovery and sensible building on this needed now. :):):):)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Your words reminded me again of my own philosophy about all this -- we are organic creatures, not machines. A meter is, of course, a machine. And there is no way the functions of a living organism can be adjusted to the functions of a machine. And I think that when such an adjustment is attempted, then the governor of the organism -- the brain -- drives itself out of true with the organism. And the whole suffers, since after all the governor is in reality only another organ of the organism.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why scientists turn themselves inside out trying to explain creation while ignoring the Creator ...
Yes - I like that philosophy.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. Maybe I am just old fashioned (defo) but Moana doesnt look that friendly!

I tried to watch the movie once but couldn't take more than the first few minutes. It seemed to me like a repeat of Mulan with some of the letters rearranged. I could only sit through the first musical number of Mulan. Give me 101 Dalmatians and That Darn Cat any day.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today

Long journey home so best I can do is copy and paste my social media post!

Will catch up properly tomorrow:

Well we survived! 4 days away with the father in law for his 90th. He can't see as well as he used to. Called me Eric a few times. New glasses on the horizon. his hearing is far from good. Even though he has more hearing aids than I can count on 2 hands. 'Dad I think you need a hearing test' reply 'why do I need a hairy chest' that sort of conversation. He can sit down ok, as long as it's a high chair, with stacks of cushions to boot! Getting up is more challenging, a bit of a whoosh and he gets there. Onto his rolater and he is off like a shot. If I had £1 for every fella he said 'aye you will be on one of these in a few years'. Didn't go down well with recipients as they weren't much older than our kids!!! Specsavers! He wanted to show us every town in Norfolk and we tried to oblige. It was a bit like a scene out of Benny Hill (for those of you who remember and for those that don't, think of the film fast and furious and fast forward!). We told him to have a lie in every morning. His idea of a lie in is being first in the queue for breakfast, up at the fart of a lark! I think he was enjoying the waitress service . He did have a reasonably early night the last night, all tucked up in the land of nod whilst me and Ezzy were enjoying a bottle of red and a cheese board in our beautiful suite. Feeling totally relaxed and very happy with how it had all gone, and enjoying the free upgrade! High five moment. THEN THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF !!! and didn't stop. Eric dashed out (my hero) to find out if we were going to live (whilst I carried on eating!!!). Came back confirming it was a false alarm (thank God, I had cheese left!!!....and wine!!!). A 70th birthday. A cake with....wait for it..... 70 candles....had set the smoke alarms off! Better check on your dad. Yep, he was up and about. No flies on him. Might as well stay up for breaky .

Anyway we are home now, feet up and just digesting it all. It was a really lovely break. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We've made lots of wonderful memories and even some new friends. Family, friends and good times. It's what life is all about.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried to watch the movie once but couldn't take more than the first few minutes. It seemed to me like a repeat of Mulan with some of the letters rearranged. I could only sit through the first musical number of Mulan. Give me 101 Dalmatians and That Darn Cat any day.

Surely "The Aristocats" would be more up your street Saskia, some great numbers in that one,

Everybody wants to be a cat
Cos a cat the only cat,
who knows where it's at.

And on that note this cat got 5.8 fbg this morning after spending two hours in mopping the MiLs flat out after a pipe burst behind her bathroom sink. Nobody wants those 1.30 am phone calls, I was glad it was only a plumbing disaster.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and another rushed posting from here.
A young 6.8 again!
Very shortly me and me's will be on the bike riding across Berkshire into Hampshire to a town of aviation fame for a service at early doors o'clock then yehay the day ours.
Enjoy folks
Must go the traffic snarled up road calls.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
WiFi very patchy no chance of reading the posts. Been here over 36 hours and it hasn't stopped raining yet!!
We have not been out side the building. We are rapidly running out of things to entertain the girls.
They are behaving well so far
BG 5.2 at 5 am
Take care

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a rather dull and lackluster start to another day of possibilities.

The wonder wheel of fitful nights and early rises rewarded yesterday’s food choices with an in the zone 5.1 this morning.

Home. After a few days away riding my motorcycle and visiting friends. Yesterday was as wet as an otter’s pocket but thankfully it only really belted it down between Milton Keynes and Trowell Services on the M1 near Nottingham - riding in a power shower for just over an hour - bliss. Thank goodness for the Aquaman outfit (boil in the bag for those who love the experience).

No drugs this morning, annoying back had a stern talking to with L2, 3 and 4 being singled out and sent to the naughty chair to reflect on how to sit nicely with each other. Unfortunately these miserable, cantankerous body parts have been holding a grudge for forty years and every now and again fold their arms, push out their bottom lips and go into a huge sulk - it was an accident, get over it.

Out over the moors this morning to our little retreat. Our grandson, Mr Pickle, and one of his friends are coming with us.

Have a great day if you can.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4 this morning.

Photos of the Chapel of St Nicholas, patron saint of sailors, built between a fishing harbour and a population beach here in Protaras. Got fed up waiting for the rest of the family to wake up so that we can head back to Nicosia, so decided to go over and take some photos of the chapel.

Have a great day

Pavlos
LRM_EXPORT_129010000671553_20190729_082005305.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_127988013572938_20190729_080303318.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_127911371452877_20190729_080146676.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_128165086260388_20190729_080600391.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_127707218071485_20190729_075822522.jpeg