What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast half slice of Hilo toast with one each of chipolata sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch home made coleslaw mixed with some sardines and served with new batch of low carb seeded crispbreads followed by a few squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner chicken, green salad and more of the home made coleslaw and glass of dry white wine followed by a few home grown berries with yoghurt. My berries are still producing lots of fruit - exceptional season for them the strawberries having great second crop and the raspberries just keep cropping. I give them my coffee grounds and think it really helps them. Think may have a few more weeks of berries plus lots in the freezer for the winter.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All :D

B: bacon and fried eggs
L: LC keto morello cherry crumble slice. Nice! Tiny! Served warm, with cream
D: ribeye steak served with chilli garlic butter

Very satiating food today. Thoroughly enjoyed it, although I must admit I am remembering last night’s onion bhaji with extreme fondness...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, strawberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Picnic lunch while out site seeing: ham, leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by raspberries.
Mid afternoon at a café: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Dinner at a restaurant: 1/2 roast chicken with apple sauce (hardly had any sauce) with a side salad.

Edited to add: I had a few tastes of beer at the Belgian Beer Festival in the afternoon! Not like me at all, as I don’t normally drink! :joyful::hilarious:

808EA871-29FC-4433-B837-21B32B87D260.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 I always think of Borat too when I hear borek! Yes I think Mr M must have a death wish, how did he sneak them in without you seeing?
@ziggy_w my brother lived in Istanbul for about 4 years. I thought it was a wonderful place, such history, and the food!!!

Today turned out to be OMAD didn’t want to eat before the 5k Race for Life in case I ended up feeling sick. It was a great day, I felt quite emotional at the end and very very happy. By the time we got back, showered, hosed off the clothes and put in to wash it was mid afternoon so dinner was an IP beef shawarma - very simple and only 2 minutes cooking time! Had a couple of celebratory glasses of champagne beforehand and a few slivers of cheese afterwards

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Homemade snags done on the barbeque, salad.
Dinner: Corned silverside, veggies, mustard sauce.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite, couple of slices of haloumi cheese cooked in the bacon fat.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

The corned beef was excellent, cooked it about six hours in the slow cooker, internal temp was around 85° celcius when done and nice and moist as well.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08-09-19
BG 5.4 on rising
Breakfast ,almost immediately
Last of the nut granola, 2 fried eggs spinach, slightly larger portion about 100g, and a medium sized tomato also fried.
BG after two hours 5.6,
Could it be the tomato? Or the extra spinach, usually BG comes down after a sensible breakfast.
Out to local Vide Grenier, the French equivalent to car boot sale, only here it seems each village has one a year, heavily advertised for weeks beforehand. We came home with two enormous cauliflower.
Lunch again missed out testing
Two pieces of toast, with ham and lettuce, yoghurt and raspberries. Desperately need to go shopping.
Dinner, cauliflower rice, my first attempt. Flavoured with turmeric, dash of garlic and nlgella seeds. MrSlim added peas. Served with a veggieburger19g carbsand green beans. Lovely sunnt evening so we ate outside. I had the last vanilla dessert, with loads of cream, MrSlim had icecream, mint and dark chocolate.
Phone call from son, while he is talking next doors cat, jumped into his lap and finished off the icecream. Two glasses of wine, not the cheap nasty stuff this tine.
Tea at bedtime and in the evening.

Edited to correct predictive text changes.

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
There biscuit I brought them from coles I'm not home ATM so I don't know who made them but I had them in cupboard for awhile. But will check when home

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Today has been a long day I had to get up early for another medical appointment in town. For breakfast I made a quick waffle with 1 egg and cream cheese added some almond flour and cooked plus a black coffee. I was very happy as my morning BSL 6.39am was 4.8mmol/L took 30mr diamicron I ate my waffles with butter and maple syrup which I don't think is ok I checked my BSL at 8.06am and it was 8.0mmolL I'm not sure if that is good but realise that is only an 90minutes after eating at 9.52am BSL dropped down to 5.6mmol/L I forgot to take my junivia I usually take it at 10am but forgot to bring it with me on the train by 11.54am my BSL reached 6.0mmol/L. I think this is good reading when I got back on train trip home I ate a boiled egg some carrots and baby bell cheese then I dont know but was still hungry then ate a protein bar which has 1.2carbs. By time I got home at 4pm I was exhausted I don't work medicaly retireed so was a long day for me. I made a cup of tea suddenly I am eating small bag of chips..... I can't believe I did that after I ate them I felt guilty but my body needed salt I think I need to carry salt around with me. It has been a long day and I'm exhausted.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been a long day I had to get up early for another medical appointment in town. For breakfast I made a quick waffle with 1 egg and cream cheese added some almond flour and cooked plus a black coffee. I was very happy as my morning BSL 6.39am was 4.8mmol/L took 30mr diamicron I ate my waffles with butter and maple syrup which I don't think is ok I checked my BSL at 8.06am and it was 8.0mmolL I'm not sure if that is good but realise that is only an 90minutes after eating at 9.52am BSL dropped down to 5.6mmol/L I forgot to take my junivia I usually take it at 10am but forgot to bring it with me on the train by 11.54am my BSL reached 6.0mmol/L. I think this is good reading when I got back on train trip home I ate a boiled egg some carrots and baby bell cheese then I dont know but was still hungry then ate a protein bar which has 1.2carbs. By time I got home at 4pm I was exhausted I don't work medicaly retireed so was a long day for me. I made a cup of tea suddenly I am eating small bag of chips..... I can't believe I did that after I ate them I felt guilty but my body needed salt I think I need to carry salt around with me. It has been a long day and I'm exhausted.

Annabel, you could try adding a pinch of salt to some of your drinks. I don't mean spoonfuls, but just a pinch in tea, coffee, squash, or whatever you are having, once or twice a day to start with and see how you go. If you feel you are low in salt, having reduced the carbs, that's an easy way of getting it back, steadily.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I took some oxtail stew out of the freezer last night as well as some chicken thighs to have for my dinner and to cook for another meal tomorrow but have been told that I will have visitors this afternoon and don't know how long they will stay so I'd better have the oxtail at lunch time and see what happens later.

I've baked a cake and have the cold meat I was going to have for lunch for a snack when my visitors come. Don't have any bread to make sandwiches but I do have some oatcakes and some RyVita. I'll probably find that they are vegan after me giving up my cold meat lunch for them!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Carnivory all the way today. No sneaky cakes.

Lunch was 2 fried eggs, 4 rashers bacon and some grated cheese. The greasy spoon near the office really does cook bacon exceptionally well. Great antidote to the over priced, carb-loaded trendy eateries springing up as the area gentrifies.

Dinner freezer clear out of stuff that has been in there too long this week. 1 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages (started with 2, but one now in tomorrow’s lunch box), a steak hache and a diddy lamb chop picked up on offer at the meat counter in Waitrose yesterday.

75458514-C141-45F1-A66C-AAF528DE4226.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was a feta and spinach omelette a fair bit of CWC throughout the morning too.
Lunch- flaxseed roll with smoked salmon pate and rocket. Lazy mousse afterwards.
Dinner: bacon mushroom and spinach crust less quiche (aka DD keto breakfast casserole) with salad and h/m Mayo. 1 glass red.
@Ggonergal I love your plate. Is it another US acquisition?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast half slice Hilo toast with one slice bacon and one egg
Lunch smoked salmon with coleslaw salad and a few lc seeded crispbreads plus a few squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner chicken, bacon and mushroom frittata with salad followed by sf jelly with spoon of yoghurt and cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ggonergal I love your plate. Is it another US acquisition?

No, this one is a second bought on Deptford market years ago. There must have been some place that went bust as over a few weeks I got 2 plates, 4 small bowls and 2 pasta bowls all in the same design from 3 different places.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wood burner time already and policemen are getting younger. B started as tea and water then an incident occurred so I had a millionaires shortbread- still not a total fan. Lunch was 2 x large flaxseed crackers with 2 egg mayo (h/m) and cucumber. Evening was chicken, Milky's hallum fries, cucumber, edible flowers and h/m mayo. Had 1.8 rows Green and Blacks velvet mint - that's about my level of masochism I reckon. @DJC3 have the aches and pains hit today or will it be tomorrow?
eta: Finally found a use for Montezumas absolute - mouse traps!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, this one is a second bought on Deptford market years ago. There must have been some place that went bust as over a few weeks I got 2 plates, 4 small bowls and 2 pasta bowls all in the same design from 3 different places.

Lovely serendipity

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wood burner time already and policemen are getting younger. B started as tea and water then an incident occurred so I had a millionaires shortbread- still not a total fan. Lunch was 2 x large flaxseed crackers with 2 egg mayo (h/m) and cucumber. Evening was chicken, Milky's hallum fries, cucumber, edible flowers and h/m mayo. Had 1.8 rows Green and Blacks velvet mint - that's about my level of masochism I reckon. @DJC3 have the aches and pains hit today or will it be tomorrow?
eta: Finally found a use for Montezumas absolute - mouse traps!

Our wood burner is on now too. Lovely and cosy. Amazingly no aches today - maybe it’ll happen tomorrow.
Lucky mice in your place.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
AFD5E9C9-38D8-4211-887B-1107E61F8317.jpeg
Last morning in Belgium then travel home.
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with macadamia and coconut granola and strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at Pret A Manger in Gare du Midi Brussels: crayfish and avocado salad and salted caramel phd bar
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites
Dinner back home: mushroom and cheddar omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola and a bar of Neu Haus dark chocolate from Belgium (thanks for the recommendation @Goonergal )

Edited to add picture :)

Last edited: