What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. B= decaf tea with almond milk. Ne1= salad - avocado and 37 gms finbrogue bacon (finally removed from freezer) + 28 gms walnuts, tblsp chia seeds. Ne2 = 3 egg and 56 gms cheese omelette with edible flower and pea shoot salad, 1 tblsp h/m mayo + 150 gms Fage 5%, 2 tsps inulin,2 tbls flaxseed and 80 gms h/g raspberries.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@PenguinMum -- Hope you start feeling better soon.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Two babybel cheeses. About 120g of fathead flatbread with butter.

Late lunch: About 80g of steak tartar with two fried eggs, a small serving of chicken breast in coconut milk with eggplant and Thai basil. Three small squares of homemade low carb fudge (all the fudge is gone now, so probably make some chocolate pudding tomorrow, which is significantly lower carb and lower calories).

Two glasses of red wine throughout the day.
Thanks Ziggy. I am not really ill but as @ianpspurs cleverly diagnosed just run out of power. Best to you.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. @PenguinMum hugs for feeling out of sorts. Hope you feel ok soon. I think you are packing for hols at the weekend,sounds like just what you need.
Today I had a rasher of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Broccoli leek and cheese soup for lunch.
Spaghetti carbonara for dinner made with Explore Cuisine soybean spaghetti. Tastes a bit like whole meal pasta. Ok but I probably won’t bother again. 30g bar Montezuma’s absolute black later. ( no mice are having my stash @ianpspurs )

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs mice getting your montezumas as @DJC3 says lucky mice I love absolute black my favourite choc and wonderfully low carb count.
I’m currently taunting myself by watching bake off I used to love cinnamon rolls! Sipping black tea not really taking away the envy!
Had to go out first thing so no breakfast
Lunch out at beefeater 5oz gammon and one fried egg
Dinner Cajun chicken and last of home made coleslaw followed by sf jelly a few berries yoghurt and cream.
Busy day tomorrow getting organised as off to York’s to mums for hospital and drs appts very early on Thursday. Maybe weekend before time to record food so @PenguinMum wanted to wish you happy hols- hope you get your energy back and enjoy the rest and sunshine. Like you I’m wondering about soupmaking this autumn good use for my instant pot.
@Brunneria congrats on PPG hope you manage to influence things.
@ziggy_w sounds like you made an impact at your meeting and loving having you back reporting your food some wonderful menus.
@DJC3 great news no real aches and pains, hope it continues.
@annabell1 hugs for the heartburn

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs mice getting your montezumas as @DJC3 says lucky mice I love absolute black my favourite choc and wonderfully low carb count.
I’m currently taunting myself by watching bake off I used to love cinnamon rolls! Sipping black tea not really taking away the envy!
Dinner Cajun chicken and last of home made coleslaw followed by sf jelly a few berries yoghurt and cream.
Busy day tomorrow getting organised as off to York’s to mums for hospital and drs appts very early on Thursday. Maybe weekend before time to record food so @PenguinMum wanted to wish you happy hols- hope you get your energy back and enjoy the rest and sunshine. Like you I’m wondering about soupmaking this autumn good use for my instant pot.
@ziggy_w sounds like you made an impact at your meeting and loving having you back reporting your food some wonderful menus.

Can’t resist Bake Off either. Bread week is possibly the worst torture.
Hope all goes well at your mum’s.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Even the mice don't find the montezumas palatable but they have signed a petition against cruel use of noxious substances. Bake off? Don't you know there's football on:arghh:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Babybels with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries with macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar (new flavour) in honour of my Mum’s 89th birthday, alas she’s in hospital still so not the best birthday ever :( I did have the thinnest slice of the real cake too :wacky:
Dinner: fry up, egg, bacon, mushrooms and two orange rapture tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yikes, didn't realise I was 3 days behind. @ziggy_w - car is working but I'll reserve judgement. I keep waiting for the severe turbulence to start again. Still smiling at your jazz committee highjack! @DJC3 - Glad you escaped with no aches and pains. Like you I was settled with Bake Off tonight although Hubby kept flipping to the football. Anyway, food
Sunday - bed 5.4 FBG 7.1. Hubby decided the bed was moving so in addition to everything else I now have all the parts of a king size bed in my temporary bedroom. It's like a wall and a maze at the same time. Got my revenge. Touch of the godfather - Hubby was greeted with the rocking horse on his bed!
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice of Hilo with Philadelphia and ham.
L. Nothing swimming lesson day with the boys
D. Rib eye with a little salad and halloumi fries (used a chilli halloumi I got in Morrisons). Usual campari and soda and I warmed a bit of DGF lemon drizzle in the microwave and had it with raspberries and cream.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks to @ziggy_w @ianpspurs @shelley262 @DJC3 for the good wishes. I had a big sleep till 8am and feel so much better. It was curious but yesterday I really craved cake, unusual and luckily none in the house, chocolate just didnt appeal. I used to really like a proper slice of cake like you get in nice cafes, not very often, but Mr Kipling never cut it for me. Anyway all history now. @DJC3 I have also tried the soybean spaghetti and the only problem I had with it was it was more angel hair than spaghetti not even spaghettini. Didnt really work with a spoonful of meat sauce but I didnt mind it other than that.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Wow it's been 6 days since slowly doing LCHF/paleo I've cut my diamcron to half my normal dose last night my BSL was 4.9mmol/L this morning my BSL was 5.4mmol/L for breakfast I ate another serve of my mini ham quiche and 1/4 of waffles I had left over from Mondays meal and black coffee. I tested my BSL 3 hours later, I need to get used to 2 hours but I forget my BSL was 4.3mmol/L usually when my BSL gets to that level I've always panicked thinking I need to eat something but I didn't I wasn't even hungry no sharking either. So went shopping to pick up a few prescriptions and popped into coles for a few things. It was a good shop I got some pork ribs on sale so I'll freeze them for another day. When I got home 4pm I checked my BSL it was 4.8mmol/L. So I had a cup of tea and was a bit pickerish so ate a baby bell cheese a strawberry and one peice of salami. I checked my BSL at 6pm it was 5.1mmol/L so must of been the strawberry... Dinner tonight was minced lamb with green beans cooked in tomatoes and garlic served with cauliflower and broccoli. I ate some but it tasted a bit fatter for me so couldnt finish it feeling queasy now from the fat. I've got leftovers for tomorrow so hopefully I can eat it tomorrow.
20190911_184244.jpeg
IMG_20190911_184842_856.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow it's been 6 days since slowly doing LCHF/paleo I've cut my diamcron to half my normal dose last night my BSL was 4.9mmol/L this morning my BSL was 5.4mmol/L for breakfast I ate another serve of my mini ham quiche and 1/4 of waffles I had left over from Mondays meal and black coffee. I tested my BSL 3 hours later, I need to get used to 2 hours but I forget my BSL was 4.3mmol/L usually when my BSL gets to that level I've always panicked thinking I need to eat something but I didn't I wasn't even hungry no sharking either. So went shopping to pick up a few prescriptions and popped into coles for a few things. It was a good shop I got some pork ribs on sale so I'll freeze them for another day. When I got home 4pm I checked my BSL it was 4.8mmol/L. So I had a cup of tea and was a bit pickerish so ate a baby bell cheese a strawberry and one peice of salami. I checked my BSL at 6pm it was 5.1mmol/L so must of been the strawberry... Dinner tonight was minced lamb with green beans cooked in tomatoes and garlic served with cauliflower and broccoli. I ate some but it tasted a bit fatter for me so couldnt finish it feeling queasy now from the fat. I've got leftovers for tomorrow so hopefully I can eat it tomorrow. View attachment 35601View attachment 35602

That's a remarkable turn around! Amazing.
You are really working at this, and it is paying off!
I'm really glad that you are feeling more comfortable at the new lower levels.
Is there anyone you can speak to at your doc's to discuss cutting the meds further? You wouldn't want to dip down into hypo territory.

My experience of switching to higher fat is that it takes quite an adjustment - both mental and physical.
Just ease into it gently.
Nowadays, if I have a meal without the higher fat, my body thinks I need more to eat! lol

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
That's a remarkable turn around! Amazing.
You are really working at this, and it is paying off!
I'm really glad that you are feeling more comfortable at the new lower levels.
Is there anyone you can speak to at your doc's to discuss cutting the meds further? You wouldn't want to dip down into hypo territory.

My experience of switching to higher fat is that it takes quite an adjustment - both mental and physical.
Just ease into it gently.
Nowadays, if I have a meal without the higher fat, my body thinks I need more to eat! lol
Thank you Brunneria I'm feeling good except I am feeling hungry now because I couldn't eat much of dinner and just eaten a small blood orange i forgot I still had it my the fridge some strawberries and blueberries with full fat yogurt and salt and feeling better although I feel like I am still hungry so im drinking water so hopefully this passes.... but another thing I have noticed this WOE is it seems to be helping my ulcerative colitis I've only been 3 times today sorry for the TMI but this is amazing for me yesterday 4 times last week I was going 9 times or more so either my new drug I'm on started 5 weeks ago is kicking in or this WOE is also helping my UC. So I'm ecstatic that it maybe helping my UC as well woop woop. ...
Yes I maybe able to contact my diabetic clinic to see what they think I should do re medication probably a good idea. Thank you appreciate the support and encouragement.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still more catch up. Monday - bed 5.7 FBG 7.7. No idea why. No 2 grandson picked today to act up at school again. Not what I needed while trying to make some sense of the place with the plasterers due tomorrow. Feeding the boys tonight too plus one of No 1's friends who is coming to play/have dinner.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. Nothing
D. 4 air fried lamb chops, chilli halloumi chips.
DGF Lemon drizzle cake warmed in microwave and raspberries/cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 7.5 -Tuesday.
The plasterers arrived 8.30am! Half the ceiling down, insulation replaced and by late afternoon I have a ceiling again! It's now drying out nicely.
Still surrounded by the king size wall but no attempts to get the rocking horse back in residence.
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice Hilo with salmon pate.
L. Nothing - plaster dust not surprisingly keeps appearing but wardrobes, door, carpets etc covered by their giant cling film stuff. Where do they get that?
D. Ribs with chimichurri rub and salad of lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado. DGF lemon drizzle, raspberries and cream.

Lost of bit of time today getting battery replaced in my watch. She removed one side of the strap then successfully put the strap back to front and couldn't get it off again. Ended up going to a proper watchmaker who sorted it in 2 mins. Best £2 I've ever spent.

@PenguinMum - hope you are fit and well for Saturday.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea until 2.30 when I had some more of the butternut squash soup and some more tea with pills.
This evening I will have some bacon and black pudding (before it goes off) and more tea, of course.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm wasting my time with this dieting. I'm quite comfortable doing it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. BG is down a bit, but that's because I had to up my Lantus overnight and up the Humilin before food. That way the BG level is reasonable, although not low but the weight is just the same as ever. That's after 18 or more months doing lchf. I know it's not long since I started the 5:2 regime, though inadvertently I had been doing IF for months so I thought I would see some result.

PS A friend who was very overweight last time I saw her has lost 4 stone in 2 months doing IF and some sort of low carbing - I'm very envious!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast = tea; Lunch = avocado and 3 x egg salad - large; Evening = chicken stir fry with extra mushrooms and water chestnuts. Drizzle of black bean sauce (11% carbs) which was part of the stir fry "deal" and lowest carb. More carbs than normal but I would eat that regularly if all the LC Chinese sauces we have tried to make weren't absolutely foul - rock and hard place really. Finished the millionaires shortbread not sure about that or why I keep trying to feel any love for coffee.:banghead: Did like cutting the small lawn again though:)

Last edited: