What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bora da and diolch yn fawr - not been around the internet recently - Wales isn’t it.
No wonder wheel either - gave it a rest for a while - mind you I am still indulging in strange menu requests at local eateries.
Trains, mountains and sea, perfect - riding on trains, walking up big hills and wandering along the shore.
Should be back at the weekend - lots of cobwebs to blow away.
Have a great day if you can.

View attachment 35598

View attachment 35599
@dunelm Is that the view towards Snowdon from Porthmadog Causeway that used to be the old toll road?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 at first stab. What?!?! Wash hands, stab again. 7.7! I thought, like Tommy's followers, "No. We're not gonna take it!"
Gonna shake it.
Not gonna break it.
Let's forget it, better still.

On with the show ... er ... day.

source.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum thank you. :) One thing the KittenCat definitely "gets up" to while I'm gone is her windowsill. If she is up there before I leave I get her down, because she has been known to fall asleep there and then fall off in her sleep, so I get her down and settle her on the sofa or the bed. But sometimes when I come back she is back up on the sill. Or, worse* the back of the sofa.

*Better, in her opinion. I keep a chair barricade in front of the window sill to keep her from rolling off, and of course I keep an eye on her when she is up there when I am here. ^. .^

@Muddy Cyclist I remember one day in particular when I was going to try a new horse. He was huge, and very dusty, and by the time I'd cleaned him up for our ride not only was there no time left to ride, I was too exhausted to tack up!

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had to quickly post here. Will catch up with the forum this evening.

Just checked and my hb1ac result is already on my medical records. It is - drum roll - 36 mmol/mol.

OMG this is the first time ever it has been below 42. I am so happy. At last it is reflecting what my meter is showing - this has taken me absolutely by surprise I just wasn't expecting a good result.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Just checked and my hb1ac result is already on my medical records. It is - drum roll - 36 mmol/mol.

OMG this is the first time ever it has been below 42. I am so happy. At last it is reflecting what my meter is showing - this has taken me absolutely by surprise I just wasn't expecting a good result.
Congratulations Krystyna that is a fabulous progression. Very happy for you.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

giphy.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How lovely to have your family with you. I get higher readings also if I eat later - even if I eat exactly the same amount of carbs as I usually do.
Thank you very much @Krystyna23040
I need to eat all my food earlier in the day.
Not always viable when company, especially with the rare visits from Oz.