What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds awful I hope those gremlins go away soon, take care.

Isn't it so frustrating and very difficult not to become evangelising, hope you have some success.

Very frustrating, I fear boring people and turning them off, the opposite effect to what I’m hoping for. I end up saying nothing then get cross with myself later for missed opportunity.
I’m glad I’m not alone with the frustration though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm what a horrible day yesterday was for you. I’m glad the A&E trip ended well and I’m very sorry for the loss of your friend. I love your ability to see the positive side though, you’re right in that the good days are so much better because of how awful the bad days are. I will store that thought away for when it’s needed, thank you.

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t you eat roast dinners any more? I know you’ve gone off meat a bit
I will have a roast dinner today but from that menu I wouldn't eat leg of lamb - I will eat shoulder, wouldn't entertain buttered cabbage and I know the celeriac duaphenoise you would like wouldn't suit me + combined with lamb and buttered cabbage = way too much fat for me in one meal. Tried the olive oil cake and never going there again. Individual items from your menu would work but all together would be too much for me. As I said, so kind and thoughtful of you to do this for your friend and I hope it works.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good news re the bg this afternoon. Right on cue for your band Psalm 147 in today's C of E morning worship: How good it is to make music for our God, how joyful to honour him with praise. Just written for you methinks.

Thank you! :) (and also because of verses 10&11's gentle and timely reminder for me this Sunday morning)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh @SaskiaKC I'm so sorry if it's any consolation they are more reliable than the USA iconic JEEP which here we say it stands for 'Just Empty Every Pocket' if you are unfortunate enough to be a Jeep Owner.

I remember that my sister did not keep her Jeep Cherokee very long. It did come in very handy in a snowstorm one spring, however ...
I've owned two Fords, both of which lived up (or rather down) to the phrase Fix Or Repair Daily.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks. Yesterday turned into one of those nasty little low days that make the high days so pleasant. Not the lowest of lows but nevertheless. Sufficient to say that I am a friend less on this planet today and one of my grandchildren had a close escape. Spent some time in A&E but she is now safely home.

Despite that, the wonder wheel of sturdier stuff and terminator friendliness shrugged out a 4.1 after not being able to go to bed until after 3am.

Slurping my koffy and then going back to bed. Have a great day if you can.

I hope you were able to get some rest. Hugs.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning a nice middle of the road 5.6.

Had an uncomfortable night. Started with severe reflux in the middle of the night - quite quickly followed by truly impressive amounts of vomiting. Very very unusual for me - so really surprised. I didn't post this earlier in case anyone was eating breakfast.

OK this morning - just a bit headachy and a tiny bit under the weather. Maybe was reflux or a bug or something I ate. Very hard to tell.

We did go out for a lovely walk around Sheringham Park. Didn't quite have my usual energy but I did so enjoy it - especially as the rain held off.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely day celebrating our Willows 3rd birthday and just wanted to share a little with lovely friends on here, my social media post:

Our beautiful Willow had her 3rd birthday party today. Can't actually believe I'm saying that. 3 years have flown by so fast. We have watched her develop from that quiet little baby girl who just looked at you with those big brown eyes that melted your heart, to a confident 3 year old with a great vocabulary, which usually involves 'grandad is my favourite'. Followed swiftly by 'granny is my favourite too' when she sees my face. Little girl with a BIG heart. Wants to make everyone happy. Never has bad moods. And laughs at the drop of a hat.

If I had to put my money on it I would say Willow will end up in the caring profession, Dr, nurse, teacher, social worker. Something like that. I see in her exactly what I saw in my daughter at the same age! I'm not always right but I'm never far wrong.

I must say what an amazing party they put on at tea and tumbles. The children get to actually build a bear! So they all come away with something very special. Choice of hot or cold buffet. Waitress service! Play area all to ourselves, private party. Games after the food. Highly recommended.

Added a little quote to make you smile (hopefully).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-220935_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-220935_Facebook.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 204

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning a nice middle of the road 5.6.

Had an uncomfortable night. Started with severe reflux in the middle of the night - quite quickly followed by truly impressive amounts of vomiting. Very very unusual for me - so really surprised. I didn't post this earlier in case anyone was eating breakfast.

OK this morning - just a bit headachy and a tiny bit under the weather. Maybe was reflux or a bug or something I ate. Very hard to tell.

We did go out for a lovely walk around Sheringham Park. Didn't quite have my usual energy but I did so enjoy it - especially as the rain held off.

Sounds horrible Krystyna glad you rallied later in the day, not surprised about the headache though, you must have lost a lot of fluid. Whatever caused it, I hope it’s gone for good.

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
JUST in time for today.....

But no FBG...got busy, then out so kept meaning to do after 2 hours once this tea, cheese, etc, has gone down.
never got around to it...hey ho..:rolleyes:

Sad day @dunelm for the loss of a friend.
good news from A&E tho..
and sad as it is, like you say the lows make the highs,
best wishes for the coming days.

@DJC love the enthusiasm and agree the 'Glazed eyes' once we go all evangelical, is off putting.
food sounds delish..(not on Ubereats, by any chance..? ;) )
good on you for trying mind..the old adage " you can lead a horse..." does come to mind.
Liking as well the attention given to your daughters needs re cat.
sound like she chose, just the right person/s to take the cat on.

@OldButBold ..good call on the weekend break my friend..rain stops play IS the wish for your for Mon/tues as well..

and am loving the Car acronyms...JEEP, FORD...:hilarious:

never had a jeep, but i knew landrovers (farm type) where a labour of love.

and fords, @SaskiaKC ..best cars i ever had..hands on mechanic here..never lost for finding parts if needed and all items in car thought out well to the benefit of the car owner like myself...pulled most of mine apart fixing/improving bits..never any real issues.

once had a Rover...worst car EVER.
heater packed up,..ford a 30 minute job, max..maybe circa £50 in parts..same for clutch replacement
Rover...engine OUT..North of £500 just to LOOK at it, then add in the fixing etc.
Clutch same thing....:woot:
Who on earth let these morons design cars like that...no wonder they went T**s up.

Mind you that was back a few years, now it's all plug ins to check the car out.

be nice if manufacturers got together to make ONE car from all the best ideas out there for how to QUICKLY and CHEAPLY fix the issues, from the design stage onwards...(vauxhall, brakes, unpin both ends, remove pads, usually pins got stuck, pita job ,,meh,,volvo, brakes, unpin brake calipers at bottom, rotate upwards, slot in new pads, rotate caliper back in place, bleed..job jobbed.:D)

If we are going to save the planet, i don't believe the constant manufacture of NEW items is the way to go, due to inbuilt obsoletion, or the insurers deciding a parking lot shunt writes off the entire car, due to high cost of a simple repair...madness.:rolleyes:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Sleep eluded last night because of neuropathy pains in my feet and toes like a gremlin firing bullets from inside my body.

Do hear that a few times on the forum, usually attributed to the actual repair of the nerve ending, so while painful, rather a good thing, then a bad thing.

@Jim Lahey posted regarding his neuropathy, a few times, and his excellent recovery afterwards, thank god..
might be worth investigating a few of his posts, @gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds horrible Krystyna glad you rallied later in the day, not surprised about the headache though, you must have lost a lot of fluid. Whatever caused it, I hope it’s gone for good.

agree there @Krystyna23040

also hope it goes soon, whatever it is.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Turn my.back for a minute! 78 posts behind!!!

Anyway before I crack on this graph shows my breakfast result this morning. Bacon eggs and 2 sausage that a local butcher said were 90% meat with rest herbs. This tells me otherwise. Highest spike in a long time. My guess is there was rusk in them there sausages. Back to sainsburys for my sausage where i can read contents!

Sharing for info.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-145541_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-145541_LibreLink.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 185

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do hear that a few times on the forum, usually attributed to the actual repair of the nerve ending, so while painful, rather a good thing, then a bad thing.

@Jim Lahey posted regarding his neuropathy, a few times, and his excellent recovery afterwards, thank god..
might be worth investigating a few of his posts, @gennepher

Thank you @jjraak

Going through his posts now...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Turn my.back for a minute! 78 posts behind!!!

Anyway before I crack on this graph shows my breakfast result this morning. Bacon eggs and 2 sausage that a local butcher said were 90% meat with rest herbs. This tells me otherwise. Highest spike in a long time. My guess is there was rusk in them there sausages. Back to sainsburys for my sausage where i can read contents!

Sharing for info.

I also need to be able to read the contents in detail. I do know when there is something in a food that spikes me because I also physically heat up when I spike...It is almost impossible to find all these unseen ‘extras’ in a food. So the same food/same supplier is usually best...until someone changes the ingredients...