What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 for me this morning. I'm glad to be back in the low 7s and am going to try to give myself some 6s for Christmas. The view outside my window could be somewhere between Downham Market and Kings Cross, @Krystyna23040 :).
I know exactly what the view between Downham Market and Ely looks like - nothing you guys have stateside. Flat, black and covered in £50 notes:angelic:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know exactly what the view between Downham Market and Ely looks like - nothing you guys have stateside. Flat, black and covered in £50 notes:angelic:

Last time I saw it the moon was full and it was early Spring. I felt like I was in a Brontë novel but the moon looked more like a Dean Martin song.

I was going to post a very atmospheric picture but then I saw this and could not resist.

upload_2019-11-23_9-49-19.png

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Update: Sitting in BA lounge at Pathos. Paul Hollywood behind me at check in again and stalked me to this lounge. I ticked no paps box and he still follows me.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update: Sitting in BA lounge at Pathos. Paul Hollywood behind me at check in again and stalked me to this lounge. I ticked no paps box and he still follows me.
Thats very funny...thank goodness you didnt see him at your hotel also. I would love you to start signing autographs lol...not keen on that bloke at all. Have a safe journey. Its not nice weather here (an hour from Gatwick).

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just phoned for my blood tests results couldn't wait till next week to see DN and woohoo cholesterol and Hbac1 are down. Cholesterol is 5.7 ( down from over 6 ) though don't know the ratio as yet ; and most importantly ( to me ) my hbac1 is down from 69 to 51.Big grin :)
Have just read your post - really well done. A huge drop in your hb1ac.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time.
So pleased that your injection went well this time. Gerald sounds like he really cares about his patients.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Warrior princess! Haha
Yes @jjraak I had an appointment with my dr. Basically asked him what he thought about my reduction due to low carb. 'You could have done it with low cal, others are'. At this point I had infiltrated the surgery by way of joining ppg so took opportunity to email DNs to ask how many had done what I had. Hba1c of 62 to 39 in months really.

The reply was only me apart from bariatric surgery pts. So this was my reply to surgery. Note it was September 18. I had been diagnosed dec 17. I was only told about the local diabetic group at this point which is shocking in itself;

Hi **** (PM)

Many thanks for this. It is incredibly helpful. It confirms that only patients from the practice who have gone through bariatric surgery have put their diabetes into remission. Quite shocking statistics and a travesty. It appears in all the years I'm the only one to have done it which is absolutely incredible. The current NHS guidelines seem very out of kilter. The 1936 diabetic guidelines would give diabetics more of a chance to control their blood sugars i feel (attached). Cutting down on carbs and not just sugars. At the end of the day carbohydrates turn to sugar. It does involve a change of lifestyle and I appreciate it's not easy for many although I found it incredibly easy to change my way of eating to healthier diabetic choices. 'Give diabetes an inch and it takes a foot' did spur me on.

I would love to share my story with any diabetics who are interested in learning more if the DNs are happy for me to do so.
I have an appointment with my diabetic nurse in November and am looking forward to discussing a way forward then. I would like to help as many fellow diabetics as possible as you can imagine. In the meantime maybe you could forward this email to ******* and the team.

I have just arranged an event in Birmingham, with the help of Diabetes.co.uk and their PR team. I managed in a very short space of time to get together a room full of diabetics who have also put their diabetes into remission on a low carb diet in a short space of time (I could have got together many many more but the PR team was only available on 1st September so I only had about 5 weeks to sort it all). We were able to share our stories on camera (to be shared on DCUK social media sites as a starting point). We had photos taken, as we are now, and with our 'big pants' on (See attached photo of me to get the idea). We are extremely happy to spread the word. I have put together a booklet of their stories with before and after photos which I'm wondering if the DNs would be interested in seeing.

Jo mentioned a diabetic meeting at the local Tesco superstore. Would you be able to give me more details as I would love to pop along?
Your reply to your surgery was brilliant. It's heart breaking that there is so much wrong information out there.

You are doing so much good by spreading the word that a diagnosis of T2D does not automatically send you into a downward spiral of ill health and that there is nothing that you can do about it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i think it's all the bandwidth @Krystyna23040 has now cornered with the greased lightning Internet connection causing issues, myself....:D
So sorry my supersonic internet connection has caused you problems. It's also caused problems all over Norfolk and I am 'lying low' in London at the moment in case they find out that I am the cause of it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quickie while watching strictly.

5.7 Thursday
6.3 Friday - following the eatwell guide Thursday! Experimenting. Fbs goes up!!!
5.3 today no experiment yesterday

Here's my latest tweet:

I love the @freestylelibre it has shown me so much. Peanuts dont have an adverse effect on me so tonight, Strictly, a large red and some nuts. Preceded by a naked chicken shish kebab in a tray, roasted onions, shredded cabbage, chili sauce and garlic mayo and boat not rocked one bit. Happy days.

Tagging in dr Elizabeth robertson director of research diabetes UK in my tweets. Expecting to get blocked!!! Ps the above tweet is mild!!!

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday evening. Or day as the case may be.

Ps strictly was awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191123-194743_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-194743_LibreLink.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a brilliant day. The course was really good and has given me some interesting ways to torture my clients. Sorry I should have typed 'the course gave me some interesting ways to progress my clients onto harder versions of exercises in a safe manner'. Although actually some clients do think that the first version is the correct one.

Am staying at The Montague on the Gardens next to the British Museum. Had a lovely lunch of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. This evening had sea bass with creamed spinach and braised cabbage followed by a few raspberries and blackberries with some of the cream from my coffee poured over them.

Am now in the Leopard bar listening to some superb live music. A truly perfect day.

Tomorrow a leisurely breakfast then the morning spent at the British Museum visiting the Troy exhibition which has just opened. Then tomorrow back to reality.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a brilliant day. The course was really good and has given me some interesting ways to torture my clients. Sorry I should have typed 'the course gave me some interesting ways to progress my clients onto harder versions of exercises in a safe manner'. Although actually some clients do think that the first version is the correct one.

Am staying at The Montague on the Gardens next to the British Museum. Had a lovely lunch of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. This evening had sea bass with creamed spinach and braised cabbage followed by a few raspberries and blackberries with some of the cream from my coffee poured over them.

Am now in the Leopard bar listening to some superb live music. A truly perfect day.

Tomorrow a leisurely breakfast then the morning spent at the British Museum visiting the Troy exhibition which has just opened. Then tomorrow back to reality.

Probably very that first part..:hilarious:

But it does sound like YOU have had the Most MARVELLOUS day

Hope tomorrow goes so well, too..
m1256.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably very that first part..:hilarious:

But it does sound like YOU have had the Most MARVELLOUS day

Hope tomorrow goes so well, too..
m1256.gif
It has been a marvellous day. After the live music a young boy (a guest in the hotel) started playing the piano he was absolutely brilliant. Other guests started singing along - a really magical end to a marvellous day.

I would add that I didn't sing along as I am completely tone deaf. When my children were young they begged me not to sing along with the radio when their friends were in the car.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Yesterday's laugh. Fellow on next berth has new boat (to him). Was invited over for a coffee. Spotted he has same marine gas cooker as me.
He said how clever it was that the same knob worked the oven and the Grill (??!!). The Grill at the top of the oven, he showed me. What the proverbial! I've had my boat for four years without the pleasures of grilled bacon, chops, steaks, fish........arrghh. (Homer says d'oh)

FBG 7.7 at 0530. Clear eyed and feeling a bit better about life, with my "new" grill.