What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 today.

FM still keeping me in a fog and pian.

Do what you have to today well and with due care.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No he's quite stoical, also worried about visiting hospital at the moment. He dropped us off some farm Eggs on his way home today and could hardly get out of his van, heaven knows how he's shoeing horses. Thank you for your concern.
He has got a real dilemma there. Hopefully it will settle down without treatment. Do keep us posted on his progress.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bother 13 minutes late, no watercolour today but a quick A4 pencil sketch of an idea for a painting. Inspired by some reflections in the strong cold light of last week near Fair Oak Pools which I Cycle past on Cannock Chase. The painting will be more abstract than this sketch with strong light and darker shades.
View attachment 39918
Water - trees -country my favourite combinations - What's not to like. Looking forward to the painting.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today - so staying steady. Was almost out of my Nespresso as the delivery was delayed - but was very happy to receive my delivery yesterday. Actually it cheered me up no end to see my coffee sitting safely in my cupboard. Silly really.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the new sunshine capital of the universe, the dark and dangerous north. We have had so much sunshine over the past couple of weeks that lots of locals are not venturing outside in case they melt.

The wonder wheel of slow roasted breast of lamb and the cry of “mint sauce” came in at 4.7 this am

Periformis flared up yesterday because I had managed to ignore it for nearly a week and it got all mardy. Still, gave me the excuse to lay on the sofa and dig into a new book; Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - so far, so good. Essentially about loneliness and the power of a bit of kindness.

Going to climb a mountain today, from the comfort of my own home. Not sure which one yet as I have yet to have my morning koffy. Here is a list of options if you fancy giving it a go.

Have as good a day as you can - that koffy call is getting strong

upload_2020-4-2_7-32-32.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the new sunshine capital of the universe, the dark and dangerous north. We have had so much sunshine over the past couple of weeks that lots of locals are not venturing outside in case they melt.

The wonder wheel of slow roasted breast of lamb and the cry of “mint sauce” came in at 4.7 this am

Periformis flared up yesterday because I had managed to ignore it for nearly a week and it got all mardy. Still, gave me the excuse to lay on the sofa and dig into a new book; Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - so far, so good. Essentially about loneliness and the power of a bit of kindness.

Going to climb a mountain today, from the comfort of my own home. Not sure which one yet as I have yet to have my morning koffy. Here is a list of options if you fancy giving it a go.

View attachment 39920

For a moment there, I thought you had gone all trump and telling us how many people lived there..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Like the idea..
I have a tablet hooked up over a door.
Playing pov Runs.
Beaches towns countryside

Doing my runs in front of it, makes a boring run a Little more interesting..earphones + music. Win

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.6 today which is fine.
Hugs to those of you unwell or in pain. @OldButBold hope you get some snoozes and ease from the cough today. No exciting plans for today other than a bit of housework and calling two friends each day to check in. Sad that Mr Fuzz seems to have left us but I hope he is having a good time elsewhere.
Have the best Thursday you can everyone. Stay/get well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 39920
Can I bag Snowdon as this time of year I can Cycle up and down it, do you have any idea how many turns of the peddles are required?

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The most useful advise there @True Blue is Open Beer :joyful:

WD40, to heavy GT85 much lighter and of course can't use pressure washer because of blasting dirt into bearings, then drying then stripping chain, rear mech and chain rings, decontaminating disc brakes, re indexing gears, waxing frame, tightening spokes almost more complicated than marine Diesel engines :joyful:
Hello @Muddy Cyclist. Wow, you really did a proper job that must have taken at least an hour. Well done. My bike came out of a skip, so there is a slightly different approach to maintenance. Yours is correct,

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Today will have a high probability of NHS blue appearing in my hair to show a small token of thanks for the NHS, which have kept me alive since 1992 when I had a 4% chance of survival and for the amazing efforts in today's war.

Well a 5.1 this morning, that meter is up to something.

Whatever your plans are for today may they be filled with Joy, Alice, Mary, or some other male heart throb, whatever takes your fancy.
I'm not saying that being in lockdown is getting to me, but ladders and climbing ropes have appeared on the lounge wall. I must dash I have to find my climbing boots.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Thoroughly embarrassed by Mr Levy or Joe Lewis but not entirely surprised. 5.1 appeared on the meter screen - no idea what my fbg was though. @DJC3 happy birthday. @OldButBold hanging tough so rest up warrior. @Muddy Cyclist hug for son and fibro but wonderful art for all that. @dunelm hope the periformis issue doesn't cause too much discomfort. @PenguinMum I reciprocate your closing wish. @trick60 I salute you and every one of those in a similar predicament. I have no art, music or wisdom to share just hope and fellowship. It ain't much but since it is all I have there you go.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I bag Snowdon as this time of year I can Cycle up and down it, do you have any idea how many turns of the peddles are required?
Oh we are not getting into an A level physics problem at this time of the morning - “a wheel on a slope.....”

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
For a moment there, I thought you had gone all trump and telling us how many people lived there..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Like the idea..
I have a tablet hooked up over a door.
Playing pov Runs.
Beaches towns countryside

Doing my runs in front of it, makes a boring run a Little more interesting..earphones + music. Win
I had to look up “pov” as I was wondering what a poverty run was. Having a tablet to watch is a great idea.
Just worked out that Helvellyn is 47 laps of the dining kitchen 22 yard circuit so will do 50, changing direction after each 10 circuits. What fun.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Today will have a high probability of NHS blue appearing in my hair to show a small token of thanks for the NHS, which have kept me alive since 1992 when I had a 4% chance of survival and for the amazing efforts in today's war.

Well a 5.1 this morning, that meter is up to something.

Whatever your plans are for today may they be filled with Joy, Alice, Mary, or some other male heart throb, whatever takes your fancy.
I'm not saying that being in lockdown is getting to me, but ladders and climbing ropes have appeared on the lounge wall. I must dash I have to find my climbing boots.

Climb safely, be careful of the lights when traversing the ceilings.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @Muddy Cyclist. Wow, you really did a proper job that must have taken at least an hour. Well done. My bike came out of a skip, so there is a slightly different approach to maintenance. Yours is correct,
Thank you @True Blue there are times when i think I should put my bikes in a skip. Yes bikes Mrs MC despairs as I collect bikes like I do guitars. :joyful:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 4.1 yesterday and 4.3 today

weekly shopping yesterday, we were out first thing and shopping as soon as the shops opened, it was pretty quiet but, of course, still a bit stressful, wipes hand sanitiser etc. to the fore and almost everybody we saw scuttling round to get done.
Asda have laid the store out in a one way aisle system, not everyone was complying yet but fortunately there weren't too many people so early here, there was a marshal at the door too because of the width of the main doors and lobby, not much of interesting job being a human traffic light perhaps (or is that hopefully?)

We had mum's list too and the only things we didn't manage to get were bread flour and yeast which mum wanted, fortunately she does have the makings for another loaf left though, (I forgot to put hand sanitiser on my list, but since there wasn't any available anyway ......:sorry:).

hope your day will be a kind and tranquil one :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm inclined to be a bit (too much :hilarious:) detail oriented so 'still life' is probably a result of that, my difficulty is becoming more adventurous with colour and more free, I love your landscapes and both yourself and @gennepher have a freedom with colour I love :) it's one of the reasons I want to learn to do landscapes (we have a lot of landscape/seascape here :D).

speaking of which here is a bit of catch up art I intended to post yesterday

the first paints I had were a cheap box from ebay which were a 'stocking stuffer' at Christmas, then I found some ancient paints from my school days (a rather dried up box of Windsor and Newton gouache in tubes and a tiny sketching box of student watercolours with 12 unlabelled colours and an equally tiny brush). At this point I used a Christmas Amazon voucher to get some more paints (I've since learned this was a rookie mistake and I should have ordered some better paper ;))

number 1 is a small pic done with the new paints - Kuretaki Gansei Tambi - these are Japanese, come in a beautiful cardboard box and are sort of a vibrant hybrid between trad (transparent) watercolour and gouache (opaque).
upload_2020-4-2_8-31-42.jpeg

no 2 is a dodgy landscape done with the W+N sketching box, on 100gsm A4 paper, it was much bluer/ greyer when I painted it (not better, just greyer :bag:) I didn't realise how much the blue in this set fades back into the paper when it dries. I include this as a point of reference so, hopefully, later painting will show an improvement :hilarious:
upload_2020-4-2_8-33-13.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

was 4.1 yesterday and 4.3 today

weekly shopping yesterday, we were out first thing and shopping as soon as the shops opened, it was pretty quiet but, of course, still a bit stressful, wipes hand sanitiser etc. to the fore and almost everybody we saw scuttling round to get done.
Asda have laid the store out in a one way aisle system, not everyone was complying yet but fortunately there weren't too many people so early here, there was a marshal at the door too because of the width of the main doors and lobby, not much of interesting job being a human traffic light perhaps (or is that hopefully?)

We had mum's list too and the only things we didn't manage to get were bread flour and yeast which mum wanted, fortunately she does have the makings for another loaf left though, (I forgot to put hand sanitiser on my list, but since there wasn't any available anyway ......:sorry:).

hope your day will be a kind and tranquil one :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm inclined to be a bit (too much :hilarious:) detail oriented so 'still life' is probably a result of that, my difficulty is becoming more adventurous with colour and more free, I love your landscapes and both yourself and @gennepher have a freedom with colour I love :) it's one of the reasons I want to learn to do landscapes (we have a lot of landscape/seascape here :D).

speaking of which here is a bit of catch up art I intended to post yesterday

the first paints I had were a cheap box from ebay which were a 'stocking stuffer' at Christmas, then I found some ancient paints from my school days (a rather dried up box of Windsor and Newton gouache in tubes and a tiny sketching box of student watercolours with 12 unlabelled colours and an equally tiny brush). At this point I used a Christmas Amazon voucher to get some more paints (I've since learned this was a rookie mistake and I should have ordered some better paper ;))

number 1 is a small pic done with the new paints - Kuretaki Gansei Tambi - these are Japanese, come in a beautiful cardboard box and are sort of a vibrant hybrid between trad (transparent) watercolour and gouache (opaque).
View attachment 39922

no 2 is a dodgy landscape done with the W+N sketching box, on 100gsm A4 paper, it was much bluer/ greyer when I painted it (not better, just greyer :bag:) I didn't realise how much the blue in this set fades back into the paper when it dries. I include this as a point of reference so, hopefully, later painting will show an improvement :hilarious:
View attachment 39923
Really like both, that landscape looks very fine to me. I often wish I could be less detailed in my landscapes and like I've said before I have never really mastered still life, keep it up.

Edit PS... good quality paper makes a huge difference I use Arches cold pressed 300 gm 150 lbsand for my sketch books hard backed spiral bound from Seawhite of Brighton, not cheap but great to paint on.

Reactions: ianpspurs