What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to speak to my niece this morning she & her husband are both doctors...she is on maternity leave but her husband is a colorectal surgeon who has been redeployed to general medicine thankfully he has full PPE equipment despite that she is still worried John (her husband) is one of the many at the coal face lets support them as best we can.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yorkshire poet.

comes with English subtitles..;)
Love this! Not just the content, but the accent is nearly as broad as MrC’s when we first met. I couldn’t actually understand a word he was saying which is how we got together - being a polite young lady I just use to smile at him, not wishing to appear rude, but having no idea what he was talking about. From his point of view he saw the smile and thought ‘eh up! I’m in there!’
I gradually learned to understand Yorkshire and his accent gradually softened to intelligible levels ( they think he talks posh now if he goes back).

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is awful, please keep him in at all costs. Where on earth are these cats coming from? Pity you do t have one of those super soakers and give him a blast through the window without letting Popeye out of course.
There is no way I can let Popeye out.
But he does want this cat who attacked him.For his survival he has to stay in.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could it be the law of unintended consequences is playing out? My grandson was keen to tell me all about his new found skills in using loops, variables, if statements and games making. All good for 7 and not par for the course in UK state schools. Back in the day Ivan Illich and John Holt were champions of deschooling society. Could well be that was an idea whose time has come. Certainly better than the Gove reforms IMHO - what the (insert expletive of choice) are *non negotiables for 7 year olds all about apart from shelter,safety, clothing food and love?
*apparently a common phrase in UK school jargon that some of our young know only too well.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch sorry to hear that. At least you are working from home at the moment so you can rest it properly, and I’m glad MrK is an obliging barista
Yes, I was just thinking that very thought. There is no way I could look after it properly if I was working normally. Mr K has been really good - I haven't had to lift a finger.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 this morning better than expected after last night's chocolate milk chugalug.

@Krystyna23040 I hope your ankle heals soon.

No internet in the building and the office phone service is spotty. I am on my phone typing this but don't have enough data to stay online this way. So, is this the beginning of the end? Or merely the end of the beginning?

Discuss. :angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 this morning better than expected after last night's chocolate milk chugalug.

No internet in the building and the office phone service is spotty. I am on my phone typing this but don't have enough data to stay online this way. So, is this the beginning of the end? Or merely the end of the beginning?

Winner for the fbg after chocolate milk. And you’ve escaped the headache the wine would probably have left you with.
Hope internet is restored for you, it’s a lifeline for many at the moment.

Reactions: Ryhia and trick60

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dipping in. @SaskiaKC good morning and hope you can stay connected with us. Glad you enjoyed the chocolate milk! @Krystyna23040 hug for the turned ankle but the timing couldnt be better. Hope it improves pronto. @Muddy Cyclist I cant remember if I said thank you for most recent art, I dont take it for granted, love the skill and variety you all exhibit.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I do hope your internet comes back up and that it is a temporary outage. Very frustrating at a time when the internet is an important way to keep in touch with everyone.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Frolic away. Judging by your signature your calves are well turned rather than well fed.
I have been termed sparrows ankles before but nowhere can I glean any compliment from that other than its better to be called sparrow's amkles than short **** which is what my old 6'4" colleague used to call me when he wanted a smack.
04-042020
6am FBG 5.6
forgot to have breakfast.
7am FBG 5.3

Can I have one in each colour? please. MrSlim can have the red, but I would prefer white.
Had a good day yesterday. Completely successful shopping trip, far less stressful as well, visiting local stores.
Went to the nearest shop, we don't use it much as it's expensive, but the owners are friendly. Madame tries to engage me in conversation, in french, naturally. Monsieur was serving today. They have had to close their attatched bar and restaurant, but have expanded the range of goods to include fresh vegetables, fruit and salad. From the small quantities on offer am guessing they go to supermarket for it. But for the local people, very useful. Monsieur put the gas bottle in the car for me. Then I realised the wallet was still in my scruffy work jacket pocket. Ofc I had changed to go out. He was kind. And understanding, you will come back, it's ok. So I shot off home, and returned without unloading the gas. Paid the man with fulsone apologies and then decided to go to the supermarket in the nearby little town, remembering I had seen bags of compost there. New rules for this small supermarket. 25 shoppers only. One out, one in. Bought some milk, butter and Greek yoghurt. Thinking I needed to prove "essential" supplies. Stupidly forgetting the gas is ofc completely essential. Anyway, got my three bags of compost. Off home feeling really pleased with myself. To add to my happiness, several more types of seeds have germinated. Including the peppers I had almost abandoned hope for.
MrSlim is planning to have a go at finishing the roof today. And yesterday was busy on firewood production, so am feeling a lot better all round.
@Ryhia how are you getting on with walking your fingers up the wall? Is it helping?
Got no commitment that's my problem I'd forgotten all about them. :banghead:

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@OldButBold brilliant, keep mending.

@Krystyna23040 Ouch, take it easy, such an unpleasant injury.

Hoovered my garden, must be getting desperate for things to do. Spinach popped its head up, no sign of any other edibles yet, still early and a tad cool, what happened to that warm weekend promised?

Thanks for all the art compliments.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today...for my daily painting challenge...

it is only a quickie drawing in SketchClubApp...

I have been relaxing and chilling out today...

It took me 5 mins.

8F143695-57C5-4391-B6C3-7289C2361CDB.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.2 today

seems that we're seeing more people on our walks round the village these days, all carefully observing the appropriate distance, and curiously it feels as if more people are calling greetings to each other now :)

since it is a bit warmer today than the snow flurries and almost 0'C temperature we'd had in the last couple of days we've been outside repotting some plants and putting some pansies in the tub at the corner before our walk ;)

glad you got a bit more sleep @OldButBold :)

hope your day is treating you gently everyone :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your latest painting has such lovely light :)
@gennepher - another bold and successful piece :) I don't know whether I'll be brave enough to try portraits.

todays art catch up - just before I did these two I was gifted some acrylic paint to try from the charity whilst volunteering, it was going to be recycled,
no 1 - there were only three acrylic colours still viable so that's what I used :hilarious: (red, green and a bit of yellow), plus a white gel pen. It's a sketch of a Christmas ornament on A4 typing paper.

upload_2020-4-4_16-27-45.jpeg

no 2 - was done with a little watercolour sketching tin made by Daler Rowney which has 15 colours and was purchased from the charity shop the same week. Very quick little seascape to test out the paints, size is about A6 and it's on the back of a old christmas card ;) took about 20 mins.

upload_2020-4-4_16-34-26.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Email came back on this afternoon - so rushed and sent the remaining lesson plans out. Was in such a hurry I sent the wrong lesson plans to the backcare and rehab classes. Luckily I spotted it immediately and sent the right ones.

E-mail still working OK so hopefully the provider has sorted the problem.

Reactions: DJC3

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
seems that we're seeing more people on our walks round the village these days, all carefully observing the appropriate distance, and curiously it feels as if more people are calling greetings to each other now
Yes, I have noticed exactly the same around our village. It feels really friendly.

Thank you @geefull , @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist for posting your art. I am really enjoying your paintings.

Reactions: ianpspurs