What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.5 which is ok. Note lots of comfort eating going on. Mine is having slice of thin small ordinary bread toasted as my LC bread run out. If my BG allows it then thats my treat. For now anyway!
@OldButBold hope you are making progress and getting lots of rest. @Debandez hugs for all the bad news coming your way. Very difficult times for many. @Muddy Cyclist thank you for the woodland, I liked the hazy sunshine. @gennepher and @DJC3 fascinating growing of salad. I think I will start my lettuce seeds on the window cill today. Re coffee grounds my Waitrose have large bins of coffee grounds outside to help yourself to. It just occurred to me that it will be a very long time before I get food from either Waitrose or M&S. We intend to stay in isolation only doing Click & Collect every fortnight. @SaskiaKC my Bobs is a ferocious hunter and upsets me everytime she gets a bird though I know she is just following natural instincts. Daisy on the other hand couldnt catch a cold.
Have the best Monday possible. Stay/get well, stay safe.

Growing your lettuce on window sills sounds good.
Take care @PenguinMum

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 and @Ryhia I have also had the munchies for a couple of days. I think it’s something to do with a break in the usual routine. I keep thinking I must make a new routine, this situation isn’t going to be over anytime soon.
@Muddy Cyclist I think you are a harsh judge of yourself. Today’s picture doesn’t have the brightness but it has an ethereal quality which makes it quite magical.
@gennepher I am about to try one last time to post my lettuce picture ( it’s really not worth all this trouble - it’s quite a feeble growth) View attachment 40083
Yayyyyy you did it.

I've also had the munchies. Very strange. What is happening!! My weight isn't going up so that's good. Still eating the right stuff (majority of the time!). More wine than I should , more peanuts and more of the wrong chocolate. Fbs reflects.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist don't be so hard on yourself over the artwork - such amazing talent. @DJC3 same sentiment over new growth on lettuce. @OldButBold picked up your fbg in some chat thread - good to see. A wholly underwhelming 5.7 today - must try harder smarter or with someone else's body. IMHO 1 too high (and then some). No munchies here, mainly because nothing LC appeals much if at all and I weigh every morning. 1/2 kg up from December review (73.5 kgs after a few days of 2 or 3 eating experiences so quite good) but not exercising until Julie is better - risk and reward. I have frozen several blocks of cheese which I would nibble and threw away a few boxes of DGF. stuff in the move .Resting pulse back under 60 , hit target sleep length and nice low oxygen variation whist sleeping. The big outlier is always bg. I'm pup sitting and feeding the Julie so Have a safe, socially distanced day in the outside world.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that eating it in 3 days was quite restrained. I think that yesterday l might have managed it in just one day.I

Haha I thank you. I still have the little peanut butter eggs that came with it. I’m determined to save them (for now....) Don’t think I have any more chocolate in the house which is a very good thing ( please don’t mention mail order!)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Challenging times for many but especially for this fisherman. His business has fallen off a cliffedge. Picked himself up, dusted himself off and came back fighting only to be knocked down again. Hope he survived. His resilience is commendable. Enjoy the fresh fish. It will taste all the better knowing the journey behind it arriving on your plate.

Too right. I’m so impressed by him. There are many stories of real grit and fortitude.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Suddenly able to read about 2 pages of posts I couldn't see earlier so if I missed something important sorry.
Me too, but happened other day.
And not getting all the update announcements.
Must be some sort of server glitch.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.1 today

we went over to mum's yesterday to take milk and stock up her indoor log supply then was busy doing nothing much really just little bits and pieces, strange how the time can slip away from you even when there is less to do, perhaps it's easier to organise your activity when there is more time pressure?

I have to admit myself to the desire for the 'munchies' temptation group - slightly stevia sweetened dark chocolate I found just as it was being destocked at my local Tesco, I do still have a bar and a half left ;) :angelic: (currently :hilarious:)

Glad you're feeling a good bit better @OldButBold :)

Stay safe all and I hope your day treats you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist I empathise with your disappointment on the 'muddy' in your painting, 'muddy' is one of my greatest challenges, forgive me if I say it's quite heartening (to me),to see that even an accomplished artist can be ambushed by it too.

yesterdays art catch up would have been -
no 1 inspired by someone posting a dark and dramatic dark stormy photo (sorry can't find the original image), done with the new Daler Rowney paints on a sheet of thicker A5 sketch pad paper, rough pencil sketch underneath which you can still see some of
upload_2020-4-6_8-43-26.jpeg

and no 2 - two images added together, both dismal in their own way. top one is painted in Windsor and Newton mud on cream craft card :( bottom is painted in Daler Rowney and has a whopping hard edged 'cloud' in the sky caused by the textured craft card not absorbing water well :hilarious: better colour though ;)

upload_2020-4-6_8-54-16.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad things are improving @OldButBold hope the COPD doesn’t put a spanner in the works as you continue to recover.
@ianpspurs I’m getting all sorts of forum issues atm. I’m having to swap between app and website so I’m bound to be missing loads.
@PenguinMum good idea to start your lettuce seeds on the windowsill. I have radish seeds sprouting there too.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.1 today

we went over to mum's yesterday to take milk and stock up her indoor log supply then was busy doing nothing much really just little bits and pieces, strange how the time can slip away from you even when there is less to do, perhaps it's easier to organise your activity when there is more time pressure?

I have to admit myself to the desire for the 'munchies' temptation group - slightly stevia sweetened dark chocolate I found just as it was being destocked at my local Tesco, I do still have a bar and a half left ;) :angelic: (currently :hilarious:)

Glad you're feeling a good bit better @OldButBold :)

Stay safe all and I hope your day treats you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist I empathise with your disappointment on the 'muddy' in your painting, 'muddy' is one of my greatest challenges, forgive me if I say it's quite heartening (to me),to see that even an accomplished artist can be ambushed by it too.

yesterdays art catch up would have been -
no 1 inspired by someone posting a dark and dramatic dark stormy photo (sorry can't find the original image), done with the new Daler Rowney paints on a sheet of thicker A5 sketch pad paper, rough pencil sketch underneath which you can still see some of
View attachment 40086
and no 2 - two images added together, both dismal in their own way. top one is painted in Windsor and Newton mud on cream craft card :( bottom is painted in Daler Rowney and has a whopping hard edged 'cloud' in the sky caused by the textured craft card not absorbing water well :hilarious: better colour though ;)

View attachment 40087
Fantastic art and fbg @geefull so talented. Please tell me the chocolate being destocked by Tesco is not the Chocologic Belgian one. That would be the only reason I would consider asking my boys to go into Tesco for me in the next 3 months.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And on a positive note.

Scottish CMO has resigned.
Hope there is no golden handshake..reprehensible behaviour risking lives, that needs to be punished not rewarded.

Can't lead from the front of your don't lead your self.:rolleyes:

BBC News - Coronavirus: Scotland's chief medical officer resigns over lockdown trips
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52177171

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, 5.4 this morning and a temp of 36.0 so I'm more than good :)

The cough and breathlessness are still there but given my COPD etc I expect time to be the healer of that. I have a call booked with my doc today to update but I would expect to be let off the hook with his usual proviso of "if anything changes...".

Therefore I am going back to my normal self-isolating, anti-social fun guy lifestyle :)

In all seriousness, I am eternally grateful to my friends. Three doctors, two nurses, a paramedic and a policeman who took time out of being essential to the world at large to be essential in my small life. Yes, they are personal friends but I know how busy they are right now and the personal traumas they have all set aside. Thanks to folk here and on other forums that have been supportive and caring, it helps a lot :)

I've been very lucky, should have got some lottery tickets;)
Really good to read that you are still improving and that you have some really good friends.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rip.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Nurse at Liverpool's Aintree Hospital dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-52180033

BBC News - Corornavirus: Tributes paid to 'caring' midwife Lynsay Coventry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-52177526

BBC News - Watford Hospital: Nursing assistant dies after helping virus patients
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52172288

BBC News - Coronavirus: 'Living legend' doctor Alfa Saadu dies from Covid-19
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52126029

BBC News - Coronavirus: Burton consultant Amged El-Hawrani dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-52084915

BBC News - Coronavirus: Essex GP with 'textbook symptoms' dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-52040991

BBC News - Nurse deaths 'inevitable' from coronavirus
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52165167

Last edited: