What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in a hurry off to London today so have to try to mitigate my neglect of personal attention I've fallen into over the last four months...not much time to linger here...I have my supply of face masks tucked in my bag...three bottles of hand sanitiser & several pairs of gloves that should be enough...sunny so far...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...in a hurry off to London today so have to try to mitigate my neglect of personal attention I've fallen into over the last four months...not much time to linger here...I have my supply of face masks tucked in my bag...three bottles of hand sanitiser & several pairs of gloves that should be enough...sunny so far...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

Have a good day @HarryBeau
Enjoy yourself.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all Picasso's oriental or not, I admire your skill.

I have been most remiss in not posting recently, but sometimes life justs gets in the way, a 5.3 on the meter of mystery and naughtiness this morning.

Today I shall be joining our Picasso's and painting, yep wood preservative. Have a great day, remembering it's still not safe out there, so don't go biting the postman or parcel delivery persons.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.2 on waking then went through the gears to 4.6 by first 700 mls of tea so say 4.4 as an average. I hope the bike MOT, piano tuning, muddy cycling, wood preserving, milk and egg collecting, cat aided art and all other ventures go well. @Muddy Cyclist hug for nightmares but admiration for the art they produced. More tea, more steps and more wondering for me and perhaps a trip to Ely for mucho flaxseed.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Now you take care mixing with them city folk.
They've become all modern and won't accept Eels in payment these days as they claim it is a health hazard. I do mourn the old ways. Health and safety gone mad. Hereward the Wake wouldn't have tolerated it, he'd soon have been on twitter blasting cancel culture.:angelic:

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.00am FBG 5.3 :)
Not sure if I am doing more because I feel a bit better. Or the other way round.
To Do list is still MIA
Am sticking to basics at the moment.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from MOT, no issues @Krystyna23040
So much to catch up with already; kingfishers, cow parsley, butterflies, extra zen, wood preservatives, cat paws and on and on. Must get a phoenix eye I have been told.

upload_2020-7-14_10-57-3.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.00am FBG 5.3 :)
Not sure if I am doing more because I feel a bit better. Or the other way round.
To Do list is still MIA
Am sticking to basics at the moment.
I agree that it often is hard to work out which way round it is. A bit like the chicken and the egg - which came first.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So much to catch up with already; kingfishers, cow parsley, butterflies, extra zen, wood preservatives, cat paws and on and on. Must get a phoenix eye I have been told.

View attachment 42658
Congrats on MOT pass, did your bike pass also?
Like the art, all them bewildered and sad faces in the petals.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting Muddy Bike ride, 2 hours of leg muscles screaming STOP, not been a problem before no idea why today but I pushed on in the belief it was doing me good, not so sure. Still it's a lot quieter out there which I hope is how it will remain, noticed all the staff in the Bike Shop at the forest centre are now wearing masks, must be getting into the new normal shopping mode. I do wonder what is happening to all the disposable masks, I have now got some very brightly patterned triple layered pleated cotton ones and some rather somber black cotton ones and some cotton bags to put them in when taken off. I'm not happy with the thought of rubbish dumps full of disposable masks, only problem with the reusable is they have to be washed at 60 degrees and our washing machine won't wash at that temperature on 30 minute wash cycle.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 42658

Little surprised faces peeking between the leaves @dunelm
You must have startled them :)

Glad you passed your MOT :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bonjour mon ami's

Bonne Bastille, as my neighbours are saying.

a busy few days.

A delightful day yesterday, took Pablo to kensington gardens , parked up and hired a Santander cycle for a journey across and around the park.

Bikes you hire for 30 mins at a time, re-dock then rehire another for 30 mins and all for £2 the entire day..bargain.

So i'm queuing to rehire, so stuck at a busy dock, marble arch.
keep my SD, go to bike ..all good.

when two lovely Scandi girls, pause near me, check mobiles maps, then lean over and ask me for directions..:woot:

i am stuck between cycles entering codes to unlock, with railings to back of me.....
Note to self always scan & check your 6 ..ALWAYS

Can't remember being so flustered around pretty girls talking to me, since primary school.

Tried to be cool, without letting the panic show :wideyed: :hilarious:

But that pleasant person inside is going to be a danger to many.
trying to help, but that meant being a lot closer then i would have intended

we were outdoors, but it was still closer then was good for either of us,
sent them in right direction, so far no symptoms..<Prays>

i then trundled off, a pleasant hour of a two, in the sunshine.....a short snack, then back home.

Today a trip to the big supermarket.
Must say personally much happier shopping, knowing that masks will be needed, soon.
No queue and got most of what i wanted, so happy days

Our steph flew out to turkey the other day.
28 makes her own choices.:bag:

As worried as we were, we both agreed, the risks at the moment seem slimmer.

would we have gone IF we had tickets, we asked ourselves, YES..but with some worries,
but at 28...like a shot.

So far all good , she is well, journey uneventful, all masked majority of time in flight.
And the resort is not one of the better know, busier ones, ( turunc )
mask wearing the law, every where except restaurants/bars and once sat on a sunbed. and rigorously enforced.

over 65 not allowed our after 8pm i think.
nor are under 20's.

So, she's as safe as can be given the circumstances.

when dropping here off i have NEVER seen Stanstead so dead..it was like a ghost town.

Wifes best friend has been fretting, high end travel agent,
all were getting a zoom meeting.... up until today all who had meeting been made redundant.
She was so very worried.

She's had meeting, simply extended her furlough until october..

AND her daughter, got a negative for covid on her test, thank god...RESULT

good luck all.
hugs to those needing a little support,
high fives for those passing MoT's..

FBG 6.2
temp 36.4.

Au revoir

I don't like it,
but for the coffee lovers
an article about nespresso machines caught my eye.
not sure it all stands up ;) as facts, but an interesting read

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...branding-clooney-nestle-recycling-environment

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Oh dear jjraak,
I see you are a sucker for all that blond hair and blue eyes of Viking maidens! :);)
D.

Bonjour mon ami's

Bonne Bastille, as my neighbours are saying.

a busy few days.

A delightful day yesterday, took Pablo to kensington gardens , parked up and hired a Santander cycle for a journey across and around the park.

Bikes you hire for 30 mins at a time, re-dock then rehire another for 30 mins and all for £2 the entire day..bargain.

So i'm queuing to rehire, so stuck at a busy dock, marble arch.
keep my SD, go to bike ..all good.

when two lovely Scandi girls, pause near me, check mobiles maps, then lean over and ask me for directions..:woot:

i am stuck between cycles entering codes to unlock, with railings to back of me.....
Note to self always scan & check your 6 ..ALWAYS

Can't remember being so flustered around pretty girls talking to me, since primary school.

Tried to be cool, without letting the panic show :wideyed: :hilarious:

But that pleasant person inside is going to be a danger to many.
trying to help, but that meant being a lot closer then i would have intended

we were outdoors, but it was still closer then was good for either of us,
sent them in right direction, so far no symptoms..<Prays>

i then trundled off, a pleasant hour of a two, in the sunshine.....a short snack, then back home.

Today a trip to the big supermarket.
Must say personally much happier shopping, knowing that masks will be needed, soon.
No queue and got most of what i wanted, so happy days

Our steph flew out to turkey the other day.
28 makes her own choices.:bag:

As worried as we were, we both agreed, the risks at the moment seem slimmer.

would we have gone IF we had tickets, we asked ourselves, YES..but with some worries,
but at 28...like a shot.

So far all good , she is well, journey uneventful, all masked majority of time in flight.
And the resort is not one of the better know, busier ones, ( turunc )
mask wearing the law, every where except restaurants/bars and once sat on a sunbed. and rigorously enforced.

over 65 not allowed our after 8pm i think.
nor are under 20's.

So, she's as safe as can be given the circumstances.

when dropping here off i have NEVER seen Stanstead so dead..it was like a ghost town.

Wifes best friend has been fretting, high end travel agent,
all were getting a zoom meeting.... up until today all who had meeting been made redundant.
She was so very worried.

She's had meeting, simply extended her furlough until october..

AND her daughter, got a negative for covid on her test, thank god...RESULT

good luck all.
hugs to those needing a little support,
high fives for those passing MoT's..

FBG 6.2
temp 36.4.

Au revoir

I don't like it,
but for the coffee lovers
not sure it all stands up ;) as facts, but an interesting read

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...branding-clooney-nestle-recycling-environment

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This awful coffe is manufactured less than two miles from my son's cottage at Marston on Dove, factory is at Tutbury, the smell of burnt coffee beans when the wind is in the direction of son's cottage is horrendous and I'm a coffee lover but not this and all those non recycled pods, terrible.
Good your Steph is helping the travel industry, oh to be young and carefree.
Hugs for becoming a nervous wreck around pretty girls, been there during lockdown helping two young ladies get the chain back on their bikes, they had no social distance worries, the things we do and risks we take to be gallant!

lindisfel

Expert
Spent the morning on zoom with other old men discussing the Bible. We all had different perspectives but respected each others views. It went a little quiet when I said I was a theistic evolutionist!
But I can't help the way God made me!:)

Last night I was looking up the geomorphology of the Trent valley near where I used to live. A massive glacial lake was formed when the Trent was blocked at the Humber by Ice. The Trent's course was diverted by breaking through the Lincoln edge and going over the fens into the Wash near Boston instead.

Why do people get bored when we live on such a marvellous planet of wonders?
D.

Reactions: jjraak