What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs MC went for flu jab but they refused to do it as temp was 37.9 she was told to go and get a Covid test. She told them our thermometer, an ear type gave her a temp of 37.3 today, they said ours is more accurate than the one they were using but still would not give jab. On returning she took temp again with ours 37.3, what a waste of time and potentially a wasted Covid test. If they are going to take temperatures why not use an accurate machine .6 seems a large margin of error.
Oh, Mrs MC is not booking Covid test and any way one came through post today as part of random testing.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg of 4.8 this morning,

When I had my flu jab the other day the Pharmacist took my temperature looked a little concerned and said it's a little on the high side then he noticed my hat when I removed said item my temperature dropped to normal.:)

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an early start for me MOT day always a tense time but she passed...another vets appointment missed yesterdays got the time mixed so apologised profusely back today armed with a large tin (well actually it's plastic) of Quality Street to support my defence... Charlie is well prepared found a large bag of dried cat nip so he is zonked out for now...overall he is doing a little better...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone.

Ah the MOT Angst...always expect a pass but ooh the nerves...
Always happy if the bill isn't too high, too.

Deep joy.

And a cunning plan, for Charlie
Nicely executed...10. 10. 10.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 today as we begin the new lockdown.

Her ladyship has a garden party arranged although I have told her she will be breaking the law. I am actually worn out by stupid people and their false logic, and I think I've finally reached the point of 'let it burn'.

Working on the front garden today, the baby robins I rescued earlier in the year have taken to following me around the garden in the hope I will uncover a tasty morsel or two, they keep me smiling :)

Enjoy the day

Yes, the point of caring is easily breached.
Forest Gumps abound, sadly.

Stay safe, hope her ladyship stays lucky

Does now seem like one vast game of Russian roulette.

Where we will all have to take at least one if not several goes on the revolver before it is all stabilised.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.7 for me today, nit surprised though.

Face is now ROUND and I can see my right cheek I'm that swollen, I hope these antibiotics start to work soon. Then all this great weather being wasted as I feel so YUK. :banghead:

Youngest Granddaughter developed Cough and Temp, she and her mom and dad had Covid Test which came back negative on Sunday, good news or we could have been self isolating for days as we had spent a day with them.

Take whatever the day throws your way. Keep safe.

Oh, @Muddy Cyclist , you have been in the wars.

Hope the AB's kick in and do the job asap.

Do hear you on the dentist's multiple choice.

Beyond 3 choices I lose heart & interest.
It a just sounds like TOO Much hassle, and I start to shut down listening.

AB's, and see how it goes, is my tuppence worth.

lindisfel

Expert
NB.
Be very careful, we live in strange times.
Poultry that was oven ready has been found to have developed giblets and feathers!
D.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
was going to ask about Charlie, but if allowed outside he must be improving.
Thank you yes he has improved he still has a wound but its closing slowly...the vet says it could take another ten days to close completely so let him out to avoid him becoming stressed...I am relieved he's been desperate to go out.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

sorry, I still haven't caught up on the thread :sorry:

mr gee has now been diagnosed as having had a small stroke last week :( we had to go up to the main hospital 40 miles away for tests last Thursday.
I had to drive him there and ended up sitting in the hospital car park for the best part of 7 hours, I was only allowed into the clinic to confirm all our contact information. apparently they used to allow one visitor per patient to sit with them during breaks in testing regime but that's no longer allowed unless required because of Covid. I was allowed into the out patient dept to use the bathroom or buy takeaway coffee, which I was heartily thankful for ;)

He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week and will have to go back to the Hospital to see the doctor there when they send for him.

Trying to keep my anxiety under control :sorry: and get back to posting a bit more regularly

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs for the toothache and I hope the antibiotics kick in soon :sorry:

@jjraak - some breakfast that! looks lovely :)

@lindisfel - nice part of the country, my BIL's dad lives at Millom ;)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very well styled :)

@Alien Aspie - we have our regular robin back again, cheeky but fun and very curious about everything you do :)

@gennepher - very vibrant art, she looks quite stern but the cat looks gleeful ;)

Art bit -
haven't managed to paint every day but I hope to get back to daily art.
this was from a photo found on Pinterest as usual.

upload_2020-9-15_17-18-41.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.4 today

sorry, I still haven't caught up on the thread :sorry:

mr gee has now been diagnosed as having had a small stroke last week :( we had to go up to the main hospital 40 miles away for tests last Thursday.
I had to drive him there and ended up sitting in the hospital car park for the best part of 7 hours, I was only allowed into the clinic to confirm all our contact information. apparently they used to allow one visitor per patient to sit with them during breaks in testing regime but that's no longer allowed unless required because of Covid. I was allowed into the out patient dept to use the bathroom or buy takeaway coffee, which I was heartily thankful for ;)

He seems fine at the moment thank goodness :) two lots of pills and has to go see his own doctor next week and will have to go back to the Hospital to see the doctor there when they send for him.

Trying to keep my anxiety under control :sorry: and get back to posting a bit more regularly

@Muddy Cyclist - hugs for the toothache and I hope the antibiotics kick in soon :sorry:

@jjraak - some breakfast that! looks lovely :)

@lindisfel - nice part of the country, my BIL's dad lives at Millom ;)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very well styled :)

@Alien Aspie - we have our regular robin back again, cheeky but fun and very curious about everything you do :)

@gennepher - very vibrant art, she looks quite stern but the cat looks gleeful ;)

Art bit -
haven't managed to paint every day but I hope to get back to daily art.
this was from a photo found on Pinterest as usual.

View attachment 44026

Hugs @geefull for your awful week.
Hugs for you both.

Thank goodness they let you use the bathroom. And you got coffee.

Thank you for the art compliment.

Your landscape of hills is very beautiful, with that lovely delicate detail on grass and hills.

You both take care.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mr gee has now been diagnosed as having had a small stroke last week :(
What a worry for you both made even more difficult with Covid Rules, Hugs and positive thoughts for you both.

Your art today is again a success, I do like your style.

Thanks for best wishes regarding my tooth abscess.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A few days of no art, not good. Abscess popped this afternoon and pain and swelling less, feeling much better and so a couple of watercolour sketches A5 for my next sunset painting, not yet sure which way this painting will go.
IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

Last edited: