What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On a slightly similar note @gennepher

One wristband was "claimed" delivered.
It was a work address, clearly open for trading,
So I queried it rather forcefully .( You'll know how THAT excitement can get you, if you ever bid on ebay..and watched that last minute countdown)
It then got " damaged, returned to sender"
Mmhh..

The anticipation lasted for 10 more days until they sent replacement.
he wristband when it actually came was boxed securely AND had outer wrapper to protect it

But on the bright side Amazon did return cash and said this one is on us.

Worth making a fuss sometimes
You mean to go on their chat and have a word with their representative on there @jjraak
I am a bit p'd off today.
Other things too, like I just said in my post a moment ago, about my car.

I am in a don't mess with me mood...

But yes I see your point. I need to do a painting to wind down, and come back to earth...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's painting in iPastels and Procreate...

0D5A0E57-A60D-4F07-9182-423E2B470C52.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
We had a shock this am. Eldest daughter has been in bed with Covid since weekend.
Not too surprising judging by the poor triage when she was doing scheduled call out the saturday before.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, feel as though my bug is somewhat improved today.
Got a long Zoom meeting with other old chaps this am, which is good association.

@dunelm I well remember Staithes 40 years ago when I spent an attachment at Bilsdale west moor.
Staithes then reminded me of a Cornish fishing village

Have a good day everyone

Yes, it certainly does - apart from the accent and lack of funny shaped pies.

upload_2020-10-20_17-32-8.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Somewhat non PC headline and a genuinely 1st world problem, especially when one considers who is Commander in Chief - but made me chuckle all the same. The story highlights some interesting issues though. Locally, poultry processing is big business and has caused a major spike recently.
Not keen on turkey - no flavour unless you fork out for one of those nice little free range ones

Reactions: geefull

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a shock this am. Eldest daughter has been in bed with Covid since weekend.
Not too surprising judging by the poor triage when she was doing scheduled call out the saturday before.
D.
Hope that it does not hit her too hard

lindisfel

Expert
Not keen on turkey - no flavour unless you fork out for one of those nice little free range ones

We have an excellent local butcher and their also farmers. They source excellent local turkey, we shall be getting ourselves a large fresh turkey crown this year for the two of us. There is plenty for few days but we don't usually eat more than Christmas Day and we freeze the rest in lots of enough for a day and then pull it out when we fancy some turkey.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 first thing this morning then 4.4 before breakfast.

out to get mum's shopping list and for mr gee to get his hair cut today :) then walking round the village in the lovely sunshine :joyful:

hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - your home made walnut ink has a lovely tone and texture, love both of these statuesque and stately trees :)

@gennepher - those postcards are a real slice of history, I used to love trad. markets where you could buy almost anything ;)
your artwork is good, so atmospheric and interesting :)

@Alien Aspie - my dad loved steam trains, the railways were very important where he lived when he was young (Selby), nothing smells quite like a steam engine.

@Krystyna23040 - Samurai sudoku :arghh:

@dunelm - really effective landscape again with that touch of colour :) haven't been to Robin Hood's bay for a long long time (and me a Yorkshire lass :sorry:)

@lindisfel - hope everything goes well for your daughter.

art bit -
every now and then I put a building in :hilarious:
from a photo on the internet.

upload_2020-10-20_19-5-48.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is close to apostasy in this region. Once tried an expensive (£120) Copas (Berkshire) turkey just to see what all the fuss was about - major mistake. The College of West Anglia, Cambridge, had succulent ones. They didn't rear any last year, must check the site soon. We do like goose but we have taken to eating that on Nov 11 but there isn't much meat on a goose if the family assemble. I rather like turkey dripping from a good turkey. May just have beef this year if we are only 2.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher you do have some strange days. I had a business account in a Nat West Bank, for some reason they always needed someone in the bank to identify me when I took out payroll money, yes old days, I always had to put my cap ON to be recongnised, weird.

Like your spooky evening Pastel today, waiting for something to happen.