What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I have ordered a loaf - very expensive for a one off but I have had so many hideous failures which ended up in skips it was the right thing to do. It has eggs and palm oil so I'm not holding my breath.

The loaves are small, the rolls are huge. Like you say expensive though. I think it’s great, but our tastes are very different I know. Doesn’t taste even slightly eggy.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of black coffee this morning.
Lunch: crusted cheese omelette with microwaved kale crisps ( thanks @Antje77 they worked perfectly)
Dinner: DD Garam masala chicken and a small salad. Wasn’t as nice as it normally is because I used Waitrose Garam masala - it’s predominantly cinnamon and cloves and belongs more in a Christmas cake than a savoury dish to my mind. Back to mixing my own next time.
I have saved the last raspberry bakewell to enjoy while watching Bake Off later, probably with a lot of tea.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well where did a month go? Back to recording and will catch up reading later
Today’s food
Brunch HM low carb bread, one slice toasted, with fried egg
Dinner Cajun chicken with salsa and coleslaw with soda water and dash of red wine pudding DGF pecan butterscotch with cream followed by cup of decaf coffee and Home made truffle.
@zauberflote thank you for setting up parallel thread with more chat will go there now and update you guys. Meanwhile hoping to get back to daily food recording.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

I missed out when the off switches were handed out too, @DJC3. Suspect there’s a few of us on here in that category.

Despite no off switch, the latest jar of almond butter to sneak into my backpack has lasted more than 2 days and is still waiting to be finished.

First ‘meal’ of the day was some of the almond butter mixed with extra thick double cream.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday’s leftover central. Cold lamb, chicken and carnivore stuffing, with the addition of a pickled onion: butcher does some good ones with no sugar added to the pickling mix.

Dinner was lamb ribs coated with lemon pepper. Delicious. Followed by about 10g 90% chocolate.

Editing to say good to see you back @shelley262

E6C7B075-2DFA-4EE0-903C-0895C523083F.jpeg

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Streaky bacon on a roll - I knew it would put BG up and was ready for it. That was about 11.15 this morning.

This evening will be a kind of hash made with Brussels sprouts and sausage bits. Just about to make it. So the rest of the day has been OK carb-wise.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

I missed out when the off switches were handed out too, @DJC3. Suspect there’s a few of us on here in that category.

Despite no off switch, the latest jar of almond butter to sneak into my backpack has lasted more than 2 days and is still waiting to be finished.

First ‘meal’ of the day was some of the almond butter mixed with extra thick double cream.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday’s leftover central. Cold lamb, chicken and carnivore stuffing, with the addition of a pickled onion: butcher does some good ones with no sugar added to the pickling mix.

Dinner was lamb ribs coated with lemon pepper. Delicious. Followed by about 10g 90% chocolate.

Editing to say good to see you back @shelley262

View attachment 45291

Those lambs look divine.

Our meal tonight was cold cuts from Sunday's roast. Still deliciously moist.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well where did a month go? Back to recording and will catch up reading later
Today’s food
Brunch HM low carb bread, one slice toasted, with fried egg
Dinner Cajun chicken with salsa and coleslaw with soda water and dash of red wine pudding DGF pecan butterscotch with cream followed by cup of decaf coffee and Home made truffle.
@zauberflote thank you for setting up parallel thread with more chat will go there now and update you guys. Meanwhile hoping to get back to daily food recording.

It’s lovely to see you back. I will head over to the other thread to say hello there too. Thanks @zauberflote for setting it up.
Ps The pecan butterscotch DGF is my favourite!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those lambs look divine.
They were! Starting to judge the right amount of the lemon pepper now. Don’t know how I ever managed without the airfryer!
The pecan butterscotch DGF is my favourite!
I looked at those but wondered whether they’d be too sweet - a lot of the DGF stuff is a bit on the sweet side for me.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They were! Starting to judge the right amount of the lemon pepper now. Don’t know how I ever managed without the airfryer!

I looked at those but wondered whether they’d be too sweet - a lot of the DGF stuff is a bit on the sweet side for me.

We agreed ages ago that if/when ours goes pop, it will be replaced in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop takeaway cappuccino
Dinner: LC fish pie (recipe made up but have to say it was delicious!) with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

B790640F-1F7F-497C-9519-3B52FDC8CCE1.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Seems to be a week of filling things with stuff :)
Tuna melt filled bell peppers earlier this week, filled mushrooms today :hungry:
Filled them with a little cream cheese a mixture of fried spicy chorizo, onion and the finely cut stems of the mushrooms, and topped with a generous amount of blue stilton. Had another 2 of the small hasselback potatoes with mayonnaise to go with them.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you guys make a vaguely acceptable biscuit section for Millionaires SB/CCB other than milled flaxseed, inulin and butter?
Try the one from the millionaires recipe I did a few posts ago, just butter, almonds (or seeds), coconut flour and sweetener of choice.
This is another variation that uses more butter. I use half the sweetenr the recipe suggests https://www.copymethat.com/r/JO52RmO/shortbread-cookies/
I think the right answer is somewhere between the 2. I would experiment myself but am way over my sweetener allowance for the week already, and its only Tuesday

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Catching up from my election 'hangover' stupor with a long stretch of rotten sleeps. I can't even remember what I've been eating except too much sugar-free chocolate and LC Atkin's bars plus picking at salads and proscuitto, boiled eggs, cottage cheese and too much coffeeeeeee! Blood sugars have reflected off-piste behaviour - and I think I'm suspicious of the impact of those LC/SF bars.

Calming down again and past 24hrs - I did penance with a protein meal shake for lunch and green leafy salad, then for dinner more salad, plus small amount of havarti cheese and DD eggplant hash (which for my taste needed more spicing up than their recipe).

@Antje77 I love fish but not at ALL sure that the video you posted made me want to try the herring :eek: - it looked about as tempting at the fermented tinned fish from another country (Sweden?) over your way!

@MrsA2 I wasn't sure that I had ever heard of Millionares Shortbread then I looked and immediately recognised it as one of my favourite things! I just know it as the very plainly-named 'Chocolate Caramel Slice'. Thanks for the LC recipe link and the Berry Bakes recipe - added to my list of things to try out soon-ish.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After yesterday's cake overload I had had thoughts of fasting today but woke at 6 starving. Had the last of the berry bake for breakfast
L was 2 egg omelette with cheese
D a mash up stir fry of cabbage, carrot, bacon and chicken in duck fat
At somepoint I did have 3 tiny mouthfuls of the cake so the boys have helped me out and finished it off tonight, thank goodness

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I have ordered a loaf - very expensive for a one off but I have had so many hideous failures which ended up in skips it was the right thing to do. It has eggs and palm oil so I'm not holding my breath.
Enjoy! - I hope you like it - it has been a game changer for me! Happy days are here again:)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of black coffee this morning.
Lunch: crusted cheese omelette with microwaved kale crisps ( thanks @Antje77 they worked perfectly)
Dinner: DD Garam masala chicken and a small salad. Wasn’t as nice as it normally is because I used Waitrose Garam masala - it’s predominantly cinnamon and cloves and belongs more in a Christmas cake than a savoury dish to my mind. Back to mixing my own next time.
I have saved the last raspberry bakewell to enjoy while watching Bake Off later, probably with a lot of tea.
How long did you microwave the kale for - did you add anything to it and how did it taste? I am never sure what to do with kale but would like to eat more of it with it being a superfood

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy! - I hope you like it - it has been a game changer for me! Happy days are here again:)
Thank you for that and the cookie recipe. I'm already fine for bread with Skinnybread and Mestermacher which is the kind of bread I really like. Kale roasted (put it in a plastic bag sprinkled with plenty of olive oil) or with parmesan is good. @DJC3 when you say the rolls are huge do you mean bigger than a tea plate or just a pleasant size?

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - greek yoghurt with cinnamon, flaxseed and mixed berries. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - salmon & prawn cocktail salad followed by 2 squares of lindtt 90% dark with peanut butter on top (becoming a habit) mug of earl grey tea

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ziggy_w I am jealous of your hazelnut butter. I have looked online for that and am never happy with what I find. Maybe I should look again! How much are you prepared to spend for major appliances lol? I'll bet for $5-7,000 you could find a compartmented freezer. It would also track your ice cream supply, sell the results to ad agencies, and tell Alexa to order more.
@Antje77 funny video! So it's basically just pickled herring? My parents used to eat that on New Year's Eve but never forced us kids to try it, although they did wake us up at midnight. I tried it once about 50 years ago-- it didn't kill me but I don't think I'd spend money on it...well, unless I was visiting you that is!
@MrsA2 whatever it is must travel faster than light because I had a serious interaction with "real" baking this afternoon too. Sorry about the hacking-- that's nasty.
@Annb I don't know what the forum looks like to you, only what it looks like on my phone, which is probably different. I can't even see a way to include a link here! When I come to ther website, the first page I see has a list of 8 general topics, one of which is "Off-Topic". I tap or click that. Then I see 3 topics, one of which is "General Chat". I tap or click that, and get to many many topics. The one you're looking for is called "What have you eaten today" Parallel Chat. If that's not helpful, maybe a mod/admin can post a link for us.
@DCUKMod , @ djc3 and @Goonergal yeah, I was born without the off switch. MrZF has a truly amazing one. He can make a cup of coffee and baked treat last 6-8 hours!
@ianpspurs thanks for saying that the SLC breads have palm oil. That's me not interested any more! Not that we can get it here.
@shelley262 yay you're back!
@Goonergal way to go on the almond butter. My current little problan is macadamias from Costco. They are so expensive that each nut drains the bank, but that doesn't stop me
@Annb again you have the brainiest food ideas! Hash! Yes, I can do that with, say, turkey. Time for another Costco order...
Bfast&lunchallruntogether avocado, pecans, scrambled eggs, total 2 sq Lindt 90% teeny nibbles while washing many dishes and paying many bills, flax crisps/dilute soymilk to finish the bills, cottage cheese to soak up that second square of 90% caffeine, macadammit too many of 'em nuts
Supper to come of tin sardines (happy cats!), spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/dilute soy, early to bed I sure hope!