What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.8 after the fasting day yesterday...

Thing is for the first time I realised yesterday how smallest of stress can raise sugar level.. I am using freestyle libre and on fasting day normally my BG stays between 4.5 to 6 but yesterday after I realised that my wife has a bit of swelling near her ear and jawline (symptom of an oncoming ear infection) my sugar levels rose to 7.7 and stayed that way till my daighter was back from school at which point it started coming down and then it stayed in range of 5.4 to 6. When it was around 7.4 and before it peaked to 7.7, I got up and took a quick 15 minute walk that usually drops the numbers a bit down but nothing happened. Same had happened the other day when my dog was hurt on his left hind leg while he was running up and down scared of stupid fire crackers...

Point is it feels scary learning that while we can do everything right in terms of healthy lifestyle and diet, we still cannot control how and what stresses us thus showing we are only in limited control at any given time.

It does not only affect BG it also adversly affects blood pressure too.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Another bad night sleep, was wandering about at half 2 then up just after 5, absolutely baltic as well so shivering when I climb into bed isn't the brst

8.8 for me this morning, spent most of yesterday in the 8's due to the low needing so many carbs to fix

Have a nice day folks, I'll be trying for a nap this afternoon lol
xx

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 but today is fasting day so in a way its OK, will carry me through the day and keep showing a downward trend as the average of last 8 hours is 5.9 and its showing downward trend :)

Last night I had cauliflower egg dry curry and 2 tbsp of sainsburys greek yoghurt followed by 2 mile walk with my dog so it was a relatively slow walk as Magic was catching up on local dog gossip... lot of sniffs and about turns ... you know the kind where they might have said if they could speak - "wait a minute, I know that smell, let me recheck". :D

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 this morning. Started low carbs 11 weeks ago when BG was so high my monitor actually said Hi without a number although found it eventually to be 33!!
So I'm pleased with that and slowly slowly getting there...can't wait to see a 5 on my little screen.
Well done and the 5's will come :)