What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bfast eaten stretched out around an errand avocado, pecans, boiled eggs, total 2 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
Supper old faithful spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/soy, and.... can of tuna maybe?
Spending the entire day catching up on laundry and ransacking the place for my oil of anise to make the boys' favorite Christmas cookies. I have located every single item that was in proximity to the tiny vial before we moved, and am becoming discouraged,
as this was the one task I'd set myself for today. Arrggh!
It is now entirely your fault that I am infusing Star Anise in Vodka. I adore anise, but hadn't considered infusing, until I googled how to make extract.

Actually, it's rather fabulous, although very intense. Following the test sips OH and I have had, MrB declared it to be like Sambuca. Start to finish, 10 minutes, instead of 3 months. Nat that I'm impatient at all.......

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled eggs with slice of hm lc bread toasted
Lunch one slice of lc toast and pate and two hm truffles with coffee
Mid pm small nibble of bit of crust from new loaf - managed to get 30 slices from today’s loaf so only 1g of carb per slice and it’s yummy. I was working on paid project on my PC all day today - so was therapeutic to bake bread at the same time leaving it to prove and double in size in background- and amazing smells too.
Dinner sea bream in lemon butter with four small chips (about one small new potato) and cauliflower cheese and glass of dry white wine pudding DGF raspberry bakewell with cream. Deliciously guilt free bakery had Black Friday sale and a restock too and I ended up making two orders today from them while at my PC I blame boredom and excitement of sale oh well my freezer will be well stocked with puddings can’t wait to try their new cranberry and orange cakes!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and peanut phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: chicken drumsticks with leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
I too bagged some bargains from DGF in their Black Friday sale. Amongst them some strawberry and cream blondies which will go in the freezer to make LC trifle at Xmas, with sugar free jelly, low sugar custard and cream :hungry:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and peanut phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: chicken drumsticks with leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
I too bagged some bargains form DGF in their Black Friday sale. Amongst them some strawberry and cream blondies which will go in the freezer to make LC trifle at Xmas, with sugar free jelly, low sugar custard and cream :hungry:
I’m planning to use my strawberry blondies for Christmas trifle too great minds think alike! Trifle is mums fave so will be a special treat for her.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 I DID find it, exactly where I'd put it, with a few other things that had been in its immediate vicinity in the previous three houses Since this kitchen is very low on useful storage, I'd put all my "cookie decorating" stuff in a prominent drawer.... but not with the vanilla extract etc, so, as always, I found it the last place I looked! Buying more would be awkward because I was given a literal lifetime supply a few years ago by DIL, and I'd be mortified to ask her to shop for it again...
@DCUKMod you are too funny! I was going to try to adapt this cookie recipe to LC, but the two main ingredients by both volume and weight are flour and honey. It is a dense, heavy, tender, non-chewy, non-dry, cake cookie from my mother's ancient Betty Crocker cookbook. Sigh....
@shelley262 @Rachox wait, what? UK has appropriated Black Friday????
My supper can of tuna turned into cottage cheese, very strange

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Morning BSL 7.1 at 11am so I need to stop with the night time snacking...

Meet up with my neice for brunch yesterday and every thing they had at the coffee shop had onions or onion seasoning which im allergic to and can't eat... and this lady was hungry as hadn’t eaten yet it was 12pm the only thing safe to eat was pancakes so decided to have there pancakes with icecream, lemon curd, meringue, and passonfruit with black coffee it was nice but a bit sweet and huge and didn't finish it, and wasn't game to test my BSL after as I knew it would of spiked.

Then went to shops for a few things then 6 hours later tested my BSL it was 4.4 mmol/L. I hadn't cooked pork that I pulled out for dinner night before so had pork belly and a rocket salad for dinner. THEN some fruit salad

Today BSL 7.3 and I know why its high

Breakfast / brunch

Rye sourdough toast butter some bacon and two fried eggs. Two black coffees

Dinner I have some Leftover pork belly so will have that some way but not sure exactly how as I'm not good with leftovers much as never think what to do with them as not a fan of reheating meats for some reason of late I'm finding they always taste different reheated for me no idea why unless I'm reheating them wrong.... so hopefully it tastes ok cold unless Anyone has ideas for leftovers pork recipes and reheating it.

Edited as had entered wrong reading after lunch

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit behind here. Will try and catch up later.

Have just polished off an enormous portion of air fried lamb shoulder. Skin was rubbed with salt and paprika. Delicious and can’t tell you how hungry I was. OMAD after a long walk that was harder work than normal.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B= TWAM (sweetener + inulin) 2.5+Ls; Dockey: CWC + caramel syrup (700+ mls) - Fatt Bar all butter cookie: Lunch: tea: EM: Soup/melange of leftover meat/veg. Normally well outside my comfort zone but made functional with Mace, Nutmeg and hint of cloves. 2 slices well buttered SB and 2 slices Emmental afterwards. Key:SB= Skinnybread; Functional = Would never dream of eating this stuff except under duress/to control bg.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made some chocolate granola today,
So breakfast was frozen yoghurt lolly (lone one found in freezer audit. Got fed up with it being there) with hot granola
L, yoghurt and scrapings of granola cooking sheet as it seemed to leave too much chocolatey goodness behind to scrape into the bin!
D: beefburgers with bacon and cheese in a lettuce leaf. Lemon cake with cream and blueberries. 1 glass wine half and half with water

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m getting really fed up with climbing BG atm. I thought it was the a DGF cakes having an effect but haven’t eaten any since Tues and have been very low carb but it’s not improving.
Today I had a lunch of cold chicken crust pizza ( practically zero carb) and 2 Montezuma’s peanut butter eggs. 6.0 after 2 hr Then I reached the dizzy heights of 7.0 before dinner!
Chicken coated in Parmesan and fried in ghee with a few green beans and 1 glass red for dinner, it was nice but I couldn’t enjoy it worrying about what on Earth the rise will be now.
I think I’ll post a question on the main forum to save derailing this thread but I really am flummoxed.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5am - 2 slices slc bread toasted with cheese & tomato. Mug of earl grey with 2 squares morrisons finest 85% (ok but won't buy again as prefer lindtt) to give me some energy for the morning as will be active at work.

1pm - 2 slices slc bread (replacement arrived - put rolls straight in bin as out of date on 29/11 - bread ok out of date 2/12
and seemed ok as have been lying around but were cool in the box - one positive of the weather getting cooler - SLC said they will replace replacement early next week and send it 24 hours delivery so I should eventually receive a nice fresh order!

5.30pm - chicken jalfrezi served on cauliflower rice.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: vegetable soup (included some lentils).

Dinner: steak with pepper sauce (mostly Szechuan) and 6 mini potatoes, roasted. Steak was seared for about 2 minutes on each side. Best way to have steak, in my opinion. Finished with a handful of prunes. Lots of tea during the day and teaspoons of Greek yoghurt to take various pills with (total about 10 tsp). More pills to take tonight, so more yoghurt will be needed - Neil bought me Skyr this time - don't really like that brand but have had the last tsp from the previous pot (Tesco's own, I think) so will have to use it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, three small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m getting really fed up with climbing BG atm. I thought it was the a DGF cakes having an effect but haven’t eaten any since Tues and have been very low carb but it’s not improving.
Today I had a lunch of cold chicken crust pizza ( practically zero carb) and 2 Montezuma’s peanut butter eggs. 6.0 after 2 hr Then I reached the dizzy heights of 7.0 before dinner!
Chicken coated in Parmesan and fried in ghee with a few green beans and 1 glass red for dinner, it was nice but I couldn’t enjoy it worrying about what on Earth the rise will be now.
I think I’ll post a question on the main forum to save derailing this thread but I really am flummoxed.
Thinking of you - my guess is it’s not the food! If it was me it would be stress, fighting infection or exercise or just one of those oddities .........

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with shelley 262 - don't be so hard on yourself - you really are doing great - keep that chin up - at times it is not easy and it is so easy to blame ourselves when in fact it is nothing we have or have not done - you are doing a great job - try not to stress too much easier said than done I know x