What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I echo what @shelley262 said and congratulations. I don’t see any reason to wake at 4.15 in winter, or Swipey to be on 5.2. (I don’t actually see any reason for winter) Hung about in bed but heard a loud shout of “Ian, there’s tea down here” so what’s a fella to do? B= Assam TWAMIS (lots, even by my standards) and small CWC: Dockey: CWCSFCS and 3 Advent Calendar pralines - I don’t seem to have got the hang of this; Lunch:SLC beef roll, Fen celery and tea; EM : Mackerel and avocado salad. I’m not a yummy/delicious/absurdly Nigellaesque kinda guy but it heated ma bacon towards boiling point/my boat didn’t actually sink. Middle son 32 today. I nodded off briefly and woke up to that and him having 2.8 of his own.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed an early morning swim despite fog and minus 1 most were put off so hardly anyone in the water. @Goonergal i feel for you and the many more out there whose pools haven’t been able to open it seems mainly local authority pools where they have run out of cash to be able to open during these difficult times. ‘My’pool is for sale just now along with the hotel it’s part of so I’m nervous and trying to make the most of it while I can.
Breakfast one sausage slice bacon and egg with slice of LC toast
Lunch one slice of LC toast with cheese
Dinner spiced pork ribs with salads followed by DGF chocolate brownie with cream.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was black berries and yogurt and black currant herb tea with water
Lunch was omelette with left over Mediterranean veg with glass of water
Tea was a stuffed green pepper with feta and from the diet doc with greens with a green tea

Hi Lisa - You're really getting the hang of all this. Are you enjoying your new foods?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking of swimming, ‘my’ pool has bitten the dust :( I will try the sister pool but it is a short drive away rather than a short walk.
Anyway food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and peanut phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: ‘spaghetti’ bolognese, no spaghetti of course, but fried courgette instead, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b: the last of the berry chia coconut mix, this time with added ff greek. Still tasted a bit off, but at least its gone now.
Busy day of errands so lunch was 2 cold chipolatas followed 2 hours later by a chicken leg from the hot counter in the supermarket
D: beef meatballs in tomato sauce (boys has spaghetti too). 2 bits of cheese

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Not long back from some great night walking. Running a series of errands - picking up a parcel from our old office (turned out to be a Libre sensor that had been sent to the wrong address in September. Two for the price of one as they also sent one to my flat; haircut and then home on the train.

TMAD. Lunch at cafe - 2 fried eggs, bacon and some grated cheese.
Dinner at my favourite wings place near the old office. Mix of lemon pepper and garlic Parmesan flavour. Got some free and now have enough for lunch tomorrow.

@DJC3 excellent news on the job. Sure you’ll do a fantastic job.