What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mrs T 123, is an outsider a crust or do you eat in the garden? Food was on point for me today - but outcomes are everything. So my effort was: B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFH*S - Costa; L: Well buttered SB toast - 2 thick slices; Tea; EM: Super Salmon and avocado salad+vits. May test some whisky or cognac later in the interests of science/consumer research *Hazelnut - clownshoes had no caramel
An outsider is indeed the outside crust on the loaf of bread - I haven't eaten anything outside in the garden for months, I am in Scotland and it's December ...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: prawn cocktail, leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Been a while since I posted a pic, so here is my colourful dinner :)

D5AE7A05-1D7D-48C5-B4A6-8C6FCAB8D736.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another late post, another day of mindless comfort eating. I found a Dr Almond stollen In the freezer that I made last year. At least half has disappeared in 2 days but I don’t think it was accounted fir in any of my meals.
Thanks very much for your hugs and prayers for my daughter @Annb @ianpspurs @DCUKMod @Goonergal and @MrsT123 she’s still not herself, but no more seizures thank goodness. We are scared to leave her on her own now.
Today I had the usual black coffee
Then a bacon and egg SLC roll for lunch
Dinner was 5 big Halloumi fries. Then a lazy lc trifle made with a few of the boozy raspberries scooped out of the gin infusion, topped with clotted cream and grated 100% chocolate.
Probably some of the stollen too.
@Bex72 I love the sound of those cherry liqueur chocolates. I’ll have to make some if I can find the cherries.
@mojo37 I’ve bought that Aldi pasta too. I find it needs quite a robust sauce, plenty of garlic, chorizo etc not a subtle delicately flavoured one. Here’s a photo of the packet in my cupboard
IMG_1608331355.816785.jpg

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another Kate post, another day of mindless comfort eating. I found a Dr Almond stollen In the freezer that I made last year. At least half has disappeared in 2 days but I don’t think it was accounted fir in any of my meals.
Thanks very much fir your hugs and prayers for my daughter @Annb @ianpspurs @DCUKMod @Goonergal and @MrsT123 she’s still not herself, but no more seizures thank goodness. We are scared to leave her on her own now.
Dinner was 5 big Halloumi fries. Then a lazy lc trifle made with a few of the boozy raspberries scooped out of the gin infusion, topped with clotted cream and grated 100% chocolate.
@Bex72 I love the sound of those cherry liqueur chocolates. I’ll have to make some if I can find the cherries.
@mojo37 I’ve bought that Aldi pasta too. I find it needs quite a robust sauce, plenty of garlic, chorizo etc not a subtle delicately flavoured one. Here’s a photo of the packet in my cupboardView attachment 46342

Those boozy berries are a bit outrageous, aren't they? Funnily enough we were talking about them just today, agreeing that perhaps leaving a little bit of liquid, then thickening it in some way (I'm thinking just a little Arrowroot, as it'd be such a small amount) could be rather lovely.

Tonight, I had feedback on some gifted Star Anise Vodka, which was declared as "just like Sambuca". Am I the only person never to have tasted Sambuca?

I was rather hoping it's be like Pernod/Pastis and cloud when water was added. Not enough oil, but all the flavour, it seems. That's a keeper.

Hopefully with lots of folks (as in family) around over the holidays, you might rebuild your confidence in your daughter's health. I feel for you.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am so far behind even I doubt I'll catch up this time. I have just had a seriously hellish 12 days. Having major issues with No 1 grandson, he took ill last week, I took 3 days to get the tree up, my cards took 2 weeks and I only just got some Christmas shopping done today. Between keeping up on my brother's issue (he sees the consultants next week), trying to work out what to do at Christmas itself and to cap it all, she who shall remain nameless has just shoved us back in time 3 (which is really tier 4 because we have 5 tiers but they are numbered 0,1,2,3,4). Anyway, let's give this a go because I haven't been eating that much anyway.
Bed 7.9 FBG 6.7 7 December - Grandson was at school but getting a bit sniffy. 3 classes still self isolating - over 100 kids (don't get me started on class sizes).
B. TAG- no time to eat as I mucked up my chiropodist appointment and had to rush down the road to get there.
L. A SLC sandwich with ox tongue and M&S whipped cheese.
D. 2 lemon sole cooked in butter and lemon with wilted spinach.
Tuesday 8 December Bed & FBG 7.9 -
B. TAG and SLC sandwich with egg mayo
L. Nipped out for some shopping in between trying to get the tree up and had to cut it short as No 1 grandson unwell and in a right state. Got him from school and back to ours for some TLC.
Rest of the day was taken up with getting grandson home after collecting Mum from work, getting No 2 Grandson from school, getting him home later and by the time I got home again I was past it so had a SLC toastie with ham & cheese.
Wednesday 9 December bed 7.3 FBG 7.9
Grandson off school so a bit of back and forward (we are less than 1 mile apart) so one to school then back for the off colour one.
B. TAG
L. 2 slices SLC toast while trying to encourage No 1 to eat
Finally finished tree.
D. Poached salmon fillet with lettuce, avocado, tomato and mozzarella minis. DGF no carrot cake.
Thursday 10 December bed 7.9 FBG 7.8. Much the same as yesterday. 1 grandson at school , one with me. Thankfully, school is nearby.
B. TAG
L. Nothing - trying to convince No 1 to drink water at least.
D. Boys wanted broth, boys got broth. I eventually ended up with an omelette.
Friday 11 December bed 7.1 FBG 7.8
Tried to get No 1 back to school but got so upset I had to take him away again. Had to get DIL to work inbetween getting No 2 on half day pick up.
B. TAG
L. Nothing
D. Found 2 of these melt things in the freezer. Sausage meat stuffed with Mexican cheese and coated in my crumb mix with paprika in the mix this time. Had it with lettuce, tomato, avocado. 1/2 a box of cherries.

I was physically drained and no idea how to convince No 1 that school was safe to return to next week.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Those boozy berries are a bit outrageous, aren't they? Funnily enough we were talking about them just today, agreeing that perhaps leaving a little bit of liquid, then thickening it in some way (I'm thinking just a little Arrowroot, as it'd be such a small amount) could be rather lovely.

Tonight, I had feedback on some gifted Star Anise Vodka, which was declared as "just like Sambuca". Am I the only person never to have tasted Sambuca?

I was rather hoping it's be like Pernod/Pastis and cloud when water was added. Not enough oil, but all the flavour, it seems. That's a keeper.

Hopefully with lots of folks (as in family) around over the holidays, you might rebuild your confidence in your daughter's health. I feel for you.

Yes the berries are fabulous aren’t they? they somehow seem more potent than the gin itself.
Sambuca is the one they float a coffee bean on and set light to isn’t it? I’ve tried it once or twice but I’m not keen on strong aniseed flavour so it’s not a favourite.
You’re right about a few more people being around at Christmas to keep an eye on daughter, and without making it too obvious that’s what we are doing.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes the berries are fabulous aren’t they? they somehow seem more potent than the gin itself.
Sambuca is the one they float a coffee bean on and set light to isn’t it? I’ve tried it once or twice but I’m not keen on strong aniseed flavour so it’s not a favourite.
You’re right about a few more people being around at Christmas to keep an eye on daughter, and without making it too obvious that’s what we are doing.

Yes, the berries are way more potent than the gins, in my view. Whilst not particularly LC, until considering quantity, pineapple is very outrageous.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so far behind even I doubt I'll catch up this time. I have just had a seriously hellish 12 days. Having major issues with No 1 grandson, he took ill last week, I took 3 days to get the tree up, my cards took 2 weeks and I only just got some Christmas shopping done today. Between keeping up on my brother's issue (he sees the consultants next week), trying to work out what to do at Christmas itself and to cap it all, she who shall remain nameless has just shoved us back in time 3 (which is really tier 4 because we have 5 tiers but they are numbered 0,1,2,3,4). Anyway, let's give this a go because I haven't been eating that much anyway.
Bed 7.9 FBG 6.7 7 December - Grandson was at school but getting a bit sniffy. 3 classes still self isolating - over 100 kids (don't get me started on class sizes).
B. TAG- no time to eat as I mucked up my chiropodist appointment and had to rush down the road to get there.
L. A SLC sandwich with ox tongue and M&S whipped cheese.
D. 2 lemon sole cooked in butter and lemon with wilted spinach.
Tuesday 8 December Bed & FBG 7.9 -
B. TAG and SLC sandwich with egg mayo
L. Nipped out for some shopping in between trying to get the tree up and had to cut it short as No 1 grandson unwell and in a right state. Got him from school and back to ours for some TLC.
Rest of the day was taken up with getting grandson home after collecting Mum from work, getting No 2 Grandson from school, getting him home later and by the time I got home again I was past it so had a SLC toastie with ham & cheese.
Wednesday 9 December bed 7.3 FBG 7.9
Grandson off school so a bit of back and forward (we are less than 1 mile apart) so one to school then back for the off colour one.
B. TAG
L. 2 slices SLC toast while trying to encourage No 1 to eat
Finally finished tree.
D. Poached salmon fillet with lettuce, avocado, tomato and mozzarella minis. DGF no carrot cake.
Thursday 10 December bed 7.9 FBG 7.8. Much the same as yesterday. 1 grandson at school , one with me. Thankfully, school is nearby.
B. TAG
L. Nothing - trying to convince No 1 to drink water at least.
D. Boys wanted broth, boys got broth. I eventually ended up with an omelette.
Friday 11 December bed 7.1 FBG 7.8
Tried to get No 1 back to school but got so upset I had to take him away again. Had to get DIL to work inbetween getting No 2 on half day pick up.
B. TAG
L. Nothing
D. Found 2 of these melt things in the freezer. Sausage meat stuffed with Mexican cheese and coated in my crumb mix with paprika in the mix this time. Had it with lettuce, tomato, avocado. 1/2 a box of cherries.

I was physically drained and no idea how to convince No 1 that school was safe to return to next week.

What a horribly stressful time you’ve had recently, it sounds awful. I think school has more than a few children scared at the moment , all the changes have completely unsettled them.
I wish you and your brother all the very best for his appointment next week. Don’t forget to take care of yourself too.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with the Morrisons order - I received mine last night missing the selection boxes I had wanted and which had been the main reason for doing the order online as believe it or not decent selection boxes are almost impossible to get here (I managed to source 1 I needed today from elsewhere) and pepsi max (yeah really - I couldn't believe it)
I was on a Candy Cane hunt. Ended up buying them online. The chocolate ornaments for the tree (these Cadbury squares - about 6 in a packet) they want nearly £9 for them online! Talk about profiteering! Instead I purchased build your own Christmas pyramids from Amazon. Great buy - 36 of them, hit the local Farm shop as they stock loads of these small, unusual sweets kids love. So the tree now has quite a few sweet filled pyramids on it.
71YWOXmzgiL._AC_SX522_.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7am - 1 slice (outsider) slc bread toasted with butter and a mug of earl grey tea and a couple of squares of dark chocolate to get me going for the day

2.30pm 2 slices slc bread with a filling of egg mayo. Mug of earl grey

6pm - chicken breast with a diane sauce and broccoli, sprouts and a few carrots. SF jelly with a little soya cream drizzled over the top

@ziggy_w virtual hugs for the hard lockdown. We just came back out of lockdown on Friday and that was bad enough. What restrictions will you have - especially with it being christmas soon? Awwww:banghead:
We call them heels.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it was around 6-7 hrs for the 1 kg topside. I realise I need to keep a little notebook handy to jot down temp and timings so I can remember for next time. It was a revelation though, I’ve always found topside tough, I’ve no idea why it’s sometimes sold as a roasting joint.
As for the infusions - yes, really good fun. Thanks for insisting I buy this gadget!
I think it was @DCUKMod that reckoned I have to have a sous vide - I don't but son has 2 which I bought him. One is on the blink so I've got him another one for Christmas to replace it (although he doesn't know). I simply get him to cook anything I want done sous vide

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 12 December bed 6.9 FBG 7.9
Finally got to butcher to order what I needed for Christmas day then off to the supermarket. As expected, son called when I was on my way home wanting to go for a shop. Ended up being out quite a while.
B. TAG and a SLC toastie with cheese and ham.
L. Nothing
D. Kept it simple, roast chicken with a salad of lettuce, tomato and avocado. 2 squares Godiva.

Sunday - 13 December bed 7.7 FBG 7.6

Boys swimming day. Both came but No 1 refused to go in but at least we got him there and he helped with his brother.
B. TAG and SLC sandwich with roast pork and tomato
L. Nothing
D. Rick Steins beef stroganoff with celeriac chips. Few more cherries and usual campari and soda. After the stressed out week I had 1/2 bottle of prosecco too.

@ziggy_w & @Antje77 - sorry to read you're back to full lockdown. Can't begin to think how difficult that is at this time of year. @DJC3 - so sorry to read about your daughter too. It is such a worry. I understand exactly how you feel.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a horribly stressful time you’ve had recently, it sounds awful. I think school has more than a few children scared at the moment , all the changes have completely unsettled them.
I wish you and your brother all the very best for his appointment next week. Don’t forget to take care of yourself too.
It has been awful. I'll explain more on the other thread as there is a lot more to this than covid fears. We're all on edge and the crazy decisions are not helping.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to order sambuca when wanting to make a show. Took half of the people present to the gents toilet (which was the bigger one) because this was the only place where it was pitch dark. Filled mouth with sambuca, tilted head back, lit it, and carefully closed my mouth around the burning sambuca to kill the flames.
Of course the first few times I ended up with sambuca dripping inside my ears, my bra and my underpants from closing my mouth in a panic. Still, it was a cool trick!
Very sweet, so I won't try again. I think...
I have just had a seriously hellish 12 days.
Sending hugs!

Today was a slice of LC bread with paté. And then everything went 'different'.
First the 6 truffles to make up for frustration, then my evening meal went wrong. I made chicory in a ham and cheese sauce, but it separated so I ended up with chicory soup with chewing gum like cheese. Didn't want to ditch so ate it anyway.
Then my friend called to ask if I wanted to pick her up because of fight with boyfriend so she could stay with my neighbour (who is also a good friend and her ex-boyfriend). So I did, and we ended up sampling different whisky's at my neighbour's house and eating Dutch dried sausages. I somehow managed to eat only a couple of crisps and not half the bag, despite the heavenly taste!
Feeling pretty proud of myself :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another late post, another day of mindless comfort eating. I found a Dr Almond stollen In the freezer that I made last year. At least half has disappeared in 2 days but I don’t think it was accounted fir in any of my meals.
Thanks very much for your hugs and prayers for my daughter @Annb @ianpspurs @DCUKMod @Goonergal and @MrsT123 she’s still not herself, but no more seizures thank goodness. We are scared to leave her on her own now.
@mojo37 I’ve bought that Aldi pasta too. I find it needs quite a robust sauce, plenty of garlic, chorizo etc not a subtle delicately flavoured one. Here’s a photo of the packet in my cupboardView attachment 46342
Thank you I will look out for it :)

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs