What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 4.9 WHY? Had a few chocolate biscuits last night, was expecting to be in the sixes this morning.
I did sleep all night, no bathroom wakeups. Would that make a difference?
Maybe I should have choc biscuits every night?

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sorry no time orf to a virtual funeral in Aberdare shortly.

5.2 this wet Monday morning.

Back at some point if I don't get my wristies slapped for crossing some line or other.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cold and still dark morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made burgers stuffed with mozzarella came in at 5.0 this am

Picture today - Great Gable, in the Lake district, a popular fell with walkers and rock climbers. Napes Needle is a great climbing challenge there so I took it out and plonked it into the foreground. Getting back down is the tricky bit. The background hills are just there as a whim. Hope everyone is as good as they can be, hugs to @jjraak for the pain and frustration. Koffy time.

View attachment 46370
Brilliant rendition of past climbing and walking memories. As an artist one can be as a Deity and rearrange the landscape to suit ones own tastes, excellent.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

I see that the father of this thread has been banned.

Here is a Christmas card for this year. One of those I used to paint individually for everyone I knew. Only this year I was tired.

View attachment 46369
Lovely seasonal card, I like the colour wash it's very effective.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Survived Tesco as far as I know.:( I was there at 7.15 am it was already busy but no shortages of anything. By 8am all the tills were open with customers waiting, all felt safe but surprisingly busy, bearing in mind we are in a rural location, what must the city and big town stores be like? The cost was a bit alarming considering Kathy and I are all alone for Christmas and New Year but with a bit of luck and some careful management should not have to shop again until 2021. :)

post edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dunelm and geefull

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.8 today

along with many others I've indulged myself today ;) my particular vice was testing the truffles I was trying to make for after Christmas dinner. I had spotted a silicon heart shaped sweetie mould tray in the charity shop so I thought I'd have a go :)
The filling is a mixture of a small amount of christmas pudding whizzed up and mixed with rum, melted 95% dark chocolate and double cream sweetened a bit with some truvia and I lined the moulds with dark chocolate marbled with a tiny bit of ordinary white chocolate then filled them. A bit fiddly but they look posh and the filling is :joyful: :D

We don't go to stage 4 lockdown until Boxing Day so in theory we should be alright for shopping until then (if there is any stock left :sorry: ) got most things already though thankfully :)

I'm a bit worried about this week though, the minister of the church almost opposite our home died last Thursday and his funeral will be on Christmas Eve, because he'd been moderator of the assembly there will probably be some 'incomers' from other areas. Normally the whole village would attend but presumably not at this time.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - creative use of paper, I like your tree :) and that park activity may be as social as we get for the next few weeks. I concur about the need to ensure continuity of the coffee supply ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - and the dilemmas ramp up again, I'm glad you managed to get your carolling in whilst feeling secure, I used to love doing charity carol concerts and visits :sorry:

@gennepher - well done you for 'turning' your dream and using it creatively in your artwork today. I like the colours in the background effect and that colour really offsets the 'gore' and makes it 'pop' :joyful:

Art bit - I do admire people who can turn the usual 'cool colours recede' advice on it's head and make it work. This is my version based on an image I saw on the net.

View attachment 46368
The heart shaped puds / chocolates sound dare I say it ...lush

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - well done you for 'turning' your dream and using it creatively in your artwork today. I like the colours in the background effect and that colour really offsets the 'gore' and makes it 'pop' :joyful:

Art bit - I do admire people who can turn the usual 'cool colours recede' advice on it's head and make it work. This is my version based on an image I saw on the net.

View attachment 46368

Thank you very much @geefull

That is one beautiful snow painting of yours.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about.
I was chatting to my bestie and she also pointed out I had offered (as did BF) to chat via FaceTime etc and she flat out refused saying she didn't like how she looked in video calls. I have tried. But still...
Anyway I reached out to BF and she thinks DF will be OK so granted me leave to focus on myself!

JFWinstone

5.2 this morning, better than the last couple of mornings. Had a few nights of dodgy sleep due to burning pain in my legs and feet :inpain: Hoping tonight will be a better one, we'll see. Physio zoom appointment, family history research and some WoW gaming today I think.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, better than the last couple of mornings. Had a few nights of dodgy sleep due to burning pain in my legs and feet :inpain: Hoping tonight will be a better one, we'll see. Physio zoom appointment, family history research and some WoW gaming today I think.
Hug given but you deserve a winner for BG and other activities planned.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi @lindisfel - when I started rock climbing in the late 60’s the army had a hut in Langdale, an old chapel and within walking distance to The Old Dungeon Ghyll I think. Can’t remember the exact route as to how we got to the needles.
You probably went straight up to the nearest ridge route! :)
Did you get all the Wainrights, they are really special.

Nb I meant his books not all the hills he recorded! :)
D.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was chatting to my bestie and she also pointed out I had offered (as did BF) to chat via FaceTime etc and she flat out refused saying she didn't like how she looked in video calls. I have tried. But still...
Anyway I reached out to BF and she thinks DF will be OK so granted me leave to focus on myself!
Really good good advice from your BF. You have tried your absolute best to help and I think that you just have to accept that there is nothing you, or anyone else can do to help.