What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning All.

4.0 at 6.30 AM. Completely expected number given it was fasting day yesterday.

@ziggy_w Thanks for taking the time to explain the concept. The carb count going negative used to confuse me but I used to put it down to something technical I might not know and what you explained makes so much sense and it does prove that it was down to something technical that I didn't know :D. It does change the net carb calculation for some of the stuff I have been calculating but I guess my strict fasting regime may have been compensating for relatively higher intake of carbs than I was calculating. In all I guess I might have still been having carbs below or around 50gms a day on the days I do eat which since Dec'20 totals to about 20 days making the daily average of last 53 days to about 19gms a day. Once again many thanks for explaining this.

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning...but late at 10am

I woke up at 6am but went back to bed as I was knackered.

Thanks @ziggy_w I'm a bit of a loner but even I was having trouble with not seeing anyone for 4 months

Had a naughty cereal for breakfast, wanted to check what levels it takes me to in 2 hours because I've never done that before, in an experimental stage of figuring out my diet going forward and you don't know until you try

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.1 Went to bed on 6.2; Lousy night’s sleep - woke at 2am then got up at 3am - rubbish. Also, yesterday ate Parsnip, Small Roast potato and half a banana. Looking for better today. Generally I’m averaging 6.6 A1c. Aim this year? Knock backdown to 5s with an average of 5.5 . Oh yeah, and better sleeping patterns.

Reactions: hankjam

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.4 which is a relief because Libre showed I shot up from the 4s to the high 6s between 3 and 4am. Wasnt a great sleep before then with anxious dreams. @Estragon I am discovering that poor sleep is affecting me more than what I eat these days which is a kind of relief because I was trying hard with food. Good luck to you.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Estragon I am discovering that poor sleep is affecting me more than what I eat these days which is a kind of relief because I was trying hard with food. Good luck to you.
Poor sleep, yeah makes me grumpier than normal too. So you can confirm that this does have a bad effect on A1c. Thanks for the Good Luck wishes.