What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I order it direct from the website:
https://lowcarb-glutenfree.com
Today I made (and ate a fair bit) the DrAlmond Farmers toast. It’s 0.1g per 100g made up bread. The loaf was around 500g so the whole loaf is only around 0.5g carbs!
View attachment 47272
Yum - looks lovely - many thanks for that - was it done in a 1lb size bread tin or what size and how many slices did you get out of it?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yum - looks lovely - many thanks for that - was it done in a 1lb size bread tin or what size and how many slices did you get out of it?

This loaf I did make in a 1 lb loaf tin, but I don’t usually. I normally just shape it into a fat sausage and put on a baking tray. It’s a very stiff dough so holds its shape well.
As for slices, you can slice it very thin, it’s not at all crumbly or cakey like some lc bread. I would imagine around 12 slices ( I still have a fair bit of the loaf to go ) it usually lasts me the week

Onlinecaroline

Yesterday’s food

Brunch: 3 eggs mashed in a cup and two heck sausages.

Dinner: Bolognese with courgetti and fathead dough garlic “bread”. I think it was about 14-15g for everything but I think this is one meal I just can’t get on board with low-carbed so think I’ll shelve it.

Kinetic kitchen half a chocolate orange doughnut and a cup of tea.

Snack - Bovril

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven't eaten it yet, but I made enough batter for 6 times 3 tuna melt muffins :)
First portion will be eaten tonight, with Brussels sprouts, the rest will be patiently waiting in my freezer for a lazy day. Thaw, add a beaten egg and bake.
So happy I worked out how to save it but still get the fluffy, silky result after baking :hungry:

146649805_10222834782132449_6290488304970106795_o.jpg

Reactions: maglil55 and MrsA2

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Thanks for the good wishes @maglil55 . Unfortunately I think it’s going to be a lot longer than 48 hours, but the doc is on the case!

Whatever it is it’s making me ravenous! Had Nando’s (again) yesterday lunchtime with 2 Barnsley chops for dinner.

Today was an OMAD+ day, the +being a peperami stick which kept me going until the main event of slow roasted lamb shoulder covered in rosemary and garlic salt from these guys. It’s delicious.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
early yoga
L ff greek and a nut bar, chaffles. Bit of a spread out mix over a couple of hours
Mid afternoon an lc brownie from the freezer. Found eating it frozen meant I nibbled and it lasted longer
D seafood platter. I toasted slice baguette to put the crab on
1 large glass white, and probably another later

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. A pretty lazy day for me today I’m happy to say.
Brunch around 11:30 was a mushroom and Emmental omelette with 1/2 sliced avocado and a drizzle of sriracha sauce. DGF raspberry bakewell with a cup of tea to follow but no cream.
Dinner was airfried duck breast. Intended to serve with cauli/broccoli cheese but as I’m trying to avoid cream I sautéed the florettes in olive oil then chucked a load of grated cheese in. Very nice. Glass or 2 red wine with it.
The best thing today was the arrival of the new Nespresso machine. Special offer nearly 1/2 price. I did have one but gave it to a daughter, she loves it so I can’t ask for it back! I’ve been thinking how lovely it would be to have my coffee in bed in the mornings without having to get up and go downstairs in the cold and dark. This will stay in the bedroom and make me a very happy DJC every morning I wake up. Photo is first trial cup.
IMG_1612640446.376595.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries (no cream today :wideyed:, trying to lose a bit of weight gained over a very stressful 2020) washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and last DGF cake from the freezer.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a couple of left over satay sticks.
Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, a tiny amount of cream and LC chocolate granola.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late lunch tin of sardines in extra virgin olive oil with two spoons of super greens kimchi
Dinner hm chicken curry served with stir fried cauliflower rice,cucumber raita and chopped corriander with two glasses of gin and soda water followed by sf jelly and small spoon fo yoghurt now decaff black coffee and hm lc truffle.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late lunch tin of sardines in extra virgin olive oil with two spoons of super greens kimchi
Dinner hm chicken curry served with stir fried cauliflower rice,cucumber raita and chopped corriander with two glasses of gin and soda water followed by sf jelly and small spoon fo yoghurt now decaff black coffee and hm lc truffle.

Do you make the kimchi or buy it? I used to get it in a lovely whole foods shop but they haven’t been able to open recently and I don’t trust the supermarket brands.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you make the kimchi or buy it? I used to get it in a lovely whole foods shop but they haven’t been able to open recently and I don’t trust the supermarket brands.
Hiya @DJC3 ive found a wonderful kimchi from Waitrose it’s fresh and naturally fermented made by vadasz they do standard one at 1g of carb per 100g and the super green kimchi at 2.0g per 100(there is a bit of apple in it) as I eat only a small amount about 50g it’s low carb and I love it.good way of adding a bit of crunch and flavour to food with few carbs. Haven’t made as would be only person eating it so this works well
3F186B80-92C3-4452-BFD7-34098CC69F25.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya @DJC3 ive found a wonderful kimchi from Waitrose it’s fresh and naturally fermented made by vadasz they do standard one at 1g of carb per 100g and the super green kimchi at 2.0g per 100(there is a bit of apple in it) as I eat only a small amount about 50g it’s low carb and I love it.good way of adding a bit of crunch and flavour to food with few carbs. Haven’t made as would be only person eating it so this works well View attachment 47289

Wonderful thank you. I’m always happy for an excuse to pop into Waitrose and this is much easier than making it.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slc rolls, one on back bacon & the other on fried egg both had a little 50% less sugar & salt ketchup on top. Mug of earl grey tea.

Dinner/Snack - h/m chicken noodle soup (used up leftover naked noodles). 2 slices slc bread sandwiches on cheese & onion. 2 squares 90% lindtt

Quick busy day today (so didn't have much time to think about/eat food) spent walking, shopping & visiting mum

Onlinecaroline

Brunch - 3 eggs mashed with butter

Snack -45g of Dry Roasted Peanuts

Dinner - Chicken stuffed with Boursin wrapped in Serrano ham, cauliflower cheese and some broccoli. About 10/11g. Definitely over my fat intake for today but it was delicious!

Will probably have my last keto doughnut and a cuppa.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 3 eggs mashed with butter

Snack -45g of Dry Roasted Peanuts

Dinner - Chicken stuffed with Boursin wrapped in Serrano ham, cauliflower cheese and some broccoli. About 10/11g. Definitely over my fat intake for today but it was delicious!

Will probably have my last keto doughnut and a cuppa.

that chicken sounds gooood :wacky:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks fabulous. I’m green with envy!
It actually worked out cheaper than a curry or Chinese. We are 3 adults and it was plenty with crusty bread for the boys. £20 ordered in advance and collected this morning so a bit more forethought needed than a typical takeaway. From local fishmonger

Reactions: DJC3

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Friday

2 egg omelette on sourdough toast butter

Lunch/dinner at my nephews wedding at an Italian restaurant the meal was Starter Antipasti followed by pasta pizza cabbage salad and Italian sweets so only ate some Antipasti scraped off some fresh mozzarella from one of the pasta and some salad as everything else had onions on it oh did have nibbled on some Italian sweets and wedding cake and had couple glasses of red wine and a beer

Saturday

Breakfast /lunch

2 egg omelette on sourdough toast butter 2 black coffee

Nectarine

Dinner

Leftover steak and steamed vegetables so combined the boiled beans carrots and potato reheated to warm in microwave added salted butter and EVO combined and served with the steak I actually enjoyed it.

Sunday Breakfast /brunch

2 egg omelette on sourdough toast butter black coffee

Dinner stay turned might be rosemary crusted pork chops pork with vegetables and or salad.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Evening all. A pretty lazy day for me today I’m happy to say.
Brunch around 11:30 was a mushroom and Emmental omelette with 1/2 sliced avocado and a drizzle of sriracha sauce. DGF raspberry bakewell with a cup of tea to follow but no cream.
Dinner was airfried duck breast. Intended to serve with cauli/broccoli cheese but as I’m trying to avoid cream I sautéed the florettes in olive oil then chucked a load of grated cheese in. Very nice. Glass or 2 red wine with it.
The best thing today was the arrival of the new Nespresso machine. Special offer nearly 1/2 price. I did have one but gave it to a daughter, she loves it so I can’t ask for it back! I’ve been thinking how lovely it would be to have my coffee in bed in the mornings without having to get up and go downstairs in the cold and dark. This will stay in the bedroom and make me a very happy DJC every morning I wake up. Photo is first trial cup. View attachment 47288
Wow look at that foam

Reactions: DJC3