What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you weren't offended by me having a chuckle. The reason was the fashion then not you as the wearer. Body shape changes rapidly with LC. The suit (trousers) I bought for my son's wedding fell off when I tried it on 2 weeks before the wedding - under 2 months.
Not at all. Those were all my every day clothes but not usually worn as such, shirt collar out of jacket and bracers on trousers. Our Riff Raff choirs had been asked to perform at a 1940s festival at Ironbridge and so it's as close as I could get to that era without making something, here is Mrs MC at the same event...also much slimmer now.
IMG_4559.JPG

Of course I could go all Georgian on you..
IMG_4231.JPG

And it's all my dads fault as he used to pose, note the socks and sandals a thing I would not be seen dead doing.
IMG_4560.JPG

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@muddycyclist

Mrs BRS thinks Wilfrid is an outstanding machine and you're an intellectual rather fab chap. Her description of me today doesn't pass muster...

Tough day for her at work it seems, so I've run her a bath and poured a G&T... let's see if I can get the same level of compliments as you lol!!
A lady of taste. :) For Wilfrid not me of course.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's art effort on the Manicured Landscape theme. This is a track over Shugbourgh Estates that I Cycle along now and again. It passes a pond that is man made but now neglected...

A4 watercolour about 1 hourish....

IMG_4558.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
VW Golf not repaired, garage are having problems with parts deliveries, fingers crossed for Thursday.

Full Suspension Mountain Bike not repaired as bike shop is short staffed with illness, not Covid I am told. As I was waiting in the shop I was looking at a Nukeproof Scout Hardtail and some young whipper snapper had the audasity to say "Perhaps an E Bike would be more suitable as you are getting on in years" Ok so I am 71 but I recon I can outride this young upstart on most singletrack trails, the cheeky little blighter. :(

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
VW Golf not repaired, garage are having problems with parts deliveries, fingers crossed for Thursday.

Full Suspension Mountain Bike not repaired as bike shop is short staffed with illness, not Covid I am told. As I was waiting in the shop I was looking at a Nukeproof Scout Hardtail and some young whipper snapper had the audasity to say "Perhaps an E Bike would be more suitable as you are getting on in years" Ok so I am 71 but I recon I can outride this young upstart on most singletrack trails, the cheeky little blighter. :(
I'm 20 years your junior, and I need the "e" in my trike, I can assure you!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Not at all. Those were all my every day clothes but not usually worn as such, shirt collar out of jacket and bracers on trousers. Our Riff Raff choirs had been asked to perform at a 1940s festival at Ironbridge and so it's as close as I could get to that era without making something, here is Mrs MC at the same event...also much slimmer now.
View attachment 47808
View attachment 47807
And it's all my dads fault as he used to pose, note the socks and sandals a thing I would not be seen dead doing.
View attachment 47809
I sometimes wander around in socks and sandals...your dad was a trailblazer

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More music, this is part of our Recorder Quartet and some guests virtual recording of a folk tune. All parts arranged and recorded on our own instruments and played all alone, to a click track to keep us in time, then sent to our tech guy who strings them all together. I failed to record the Bass Recorder on this, too many fast notes so I'm on the guitars and cajon which for some reason can't be heard. Mrs MC on Soprano and Alto Recorder, not our best effort but it gives you an idea. The Concertina is played by a lady I know the piece would have probably been better if we had just recorded the Concertina. :)

Anyway here is a Muddy rendition of King of the Fairies. Please don't feel you have to listen to it or the rest of the pieces we have on Soundcloud.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.3 today

shopping, shopping and shopping today ;) our one day a week trek round the fresh produce :D

Bought another box of that 'Tea and biscuits' tea, it tastes a bit as if you've dunked either a 'malted milk' biscuit or a 'rich tea' in your tea :hilarious: Can't find any nutritional information but it lists just black tea and natural flavourings, works ok without milk or with almond milk. Offered some to Mum but she says she'll stick to tea with real biscuits ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - a stylish duo ;)
Stunning sky and trees again in today's painting @Muddy Cyclist , lovely :)

@dunelm - nice sunny palette, harbinger of spring ;) We had a cormorant fishing down by the harbour here today too :)

@gennepher - an effective use of your painting skills to work with and enhance your poem, very fine :)

art bit - pen and ink today ;)

upload_2021-3-3_18-16-13.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 47808
View attachment 47807
View attachment 47809
Spiffing Georgian outfit and as always Mrs MC looks wonderful. As regards the Donne Poem, Malcolm Guite's analysis of the poem makes it much easier to understand all the nuances on second (and subsequent) reading. Socks and pool slides is a thing not sure about socks and sandals.

Reactions: dunelm and BRSBRI

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

shopping, shopping and shopping today ;) our one day a week trek round the fresh produce :D

Bought another box of that 'Tea and biscuits' tea, it tastes a bit as if you've dunked either a 'malted milk' biscuit or a 'rich tea' in your tea :hilarious: Can't find any nutritional information but it lists just black tea and natural flavourings, works ok without milk or with almond milk. Offered some to Mum but she says she'll stick to tea with real biscuits ;)

@dunelm - nice sunny palette, harbinger of spring ;) We had a cormorant fishing down by the harbour here today too :)

@gennepher - an effective use of your painting skills to work with and enhance your poem, very fine :)

View attachment 47811
I do like the art which goes against my usual preference for watercolour.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.3 today

View attachment 47811
Thank you.

I'm with your mum with biscuits and tea or rather for me biscuits and coffee, but sadly now just coffee.:(

Great pen and ink drawing, it's a lovely medium to use.

lindisfel

Expert
I notice the heir apparent, young King David, does not woffle or stutter, is word perfect with total recollection. He apparently employs his own photographer so they get the best pictures of him.
Yes, King Saul's days are numbered, its just a matter of time before the rising star dethrones him and Wilfred is reading his ladybird book on Greek myths in a less exalted setting.
D.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
02 03.2021
FBG 5.3
03.03 2021
FBG 5.3
Today my father is 87 years old
When I consider his history it's almost a miracle
I'm in his 20s he was involved in an air crash that left him unable to walk for six months.
In his 50s he suffered multiple heart attacks, one so severe that had he not already been in hospital we would have lost him then.
Later he had to have surgical bypasses installed.
On his 75th Birthday he revealed that he had cancer.
Four years later it was back. With chemo he conquered it again.
Yet he does not count these as the significant incidents in his life.
As an only child he values family connections above all else. His mother (a single parent, widowed before he was born) and her sisters battled constantly, He was 16 when he joined the air force to get away from that.
He married my mother, one of four siblings and was welcomed into that family. The connections there ended only with death. The fact that all his four children are friends is treasured. That he has grandchildren and even great grandchildren is a delight. My father is in frail health. Covid has stolen away many opportunities to spend time with his family, including me, to our mutual distress. Each time i go round there he invites me in...
Its hard.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
02 03.2021
FBG 5.3
03.03 2021
FBG 5.3
Today my father is 87 years old
When I consider his history it's almost a miracle
I'm in his 20s he was involved in an air crash that left him unable to walk for six months.
In his 50s he suffered multiple heart attacks, one so severe that had he not already been in hospital we would have lost him then.
Later he had to have surgical bypasses installed.
On his 75th Birthday he revealed that he had cancer.
Four years later it was back. With chemo he conquered it again.
Yet he does not count these as the significant incidents in his life.
As an only child he values family connections above all else. His mother (a single parent, widowed before he was born) and her sisters battled constantly, He was 16 when he joined the air force to get away from that.
He married my mother, one of four siblings and was welcomed into that family. The connections there ended only with death. The fact that all his four children are friends is treasured. That he has grandchildren and even great grandchildren is a delight. My father is in frail health. Covid has stolen away many opportunities to spend time with his family, including me, to our mutual distress. Each time i go round there he invites me in...
Its hard.

It is hard @SlimLizzy and very unfair.
Covid steals so much. It is unfathomable.
I feel for him and all of you.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I sometimes wander around in socks and sandals...your dad was a trailblazer
@ianpspurs , correct
Young lads about town, this way, bowl around in sliders & socks ..I try not show my age by shuddering ....often fail.

As awful as sandals & socks. ( Sorry)
But it's deemed 'Trendy'... so
Trailblazer, Indeed.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 today

View attachment 47811

Thank you for the art compliment @geefull

This is an amazing pen and ink drawing.It is a good as your watercolours for drawing you into the painting...