What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I wasn't too bothered as no private data on there, but just wanted to check and see it wasn't just me as it came out at an odd time
I've had one as well. Not particularly worried about it, it said email addresses were stolen but not passwords.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive the interruption, but I know several on here use the Copymethat app for recipes. I've just had an email saying they've had a data breach and passwords stolen. Has anyone else had this email?

I had it too, but as you said, no sensitive data involved. I’ve changed my password anyway.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, a very low activity day for me, but still 2 meals.
Lunch was a chopped h/b egg and a dollop of tuna mayo in LoDough wrap followed by a DGF blondie.
Dinner 7hr slow roasted leg of lamb with cauli cheese, buttered cabbage and 2 LC Yorkies. Gravy was the meat juices. Few glasses of wine and some Camembert which has been stinking out the fridge for a week.
@Goonergal am I right in thinking you freeze chicken in the brine mixture ready for cooking when defrosted? I’m still salivating at how lovely they were.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 sounds like another wonderful birthday surprise also sounds like you have amazing neighbours.
Busy day painting walls in kitchen - it needs a refurb eventually but meanwhile freshened it up by repainting emulsion meant easier to control the snacking keeping busy definitely helps ! Lovely to see the sun break through too.
Brunch one slice of bacon,egg and 95% sausage with one hm lc roll
Mid pm break from painting - DGF millionaire shortbread
Dinner sirloin steak, celeriac chips, mushrooms, asparagus and a few onions with glass of dry red wine. Pudding DGF raspberry bakewell with yoghurt.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Yes, @DJC3 I make batches of the brined chicken and it freezes well at the brined point. Which reminds me, I have a portion or two in the freezer.

TMAD today. Had hoped for OMAD but needed to eat the beef short rib that turned out to be the first meal around 2pm and was still hungry a bit later so had an early dinner of smoked salmon and one of the huge double yoke eggs. All in a 3 hour window! Now ‘non-essential’ shops need to open so I can restock the IKEA smoked salmon. It’s delicious!

E5482B75-B3BA-4B99-B093-663658B7362F.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken thighs stuffed with pork and apple, with one tiny roast potato, mixed veggies and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Not such a bad day as yesterday, but still nowhere near where I need to be. No cream cake today, instead cheese topped bread roll with ham and coleslaw, hot cross buns with butter, several peanut butter flavoured protein bars. Glass of fizz,
dinner cod, French beans, Cauliflower cheese. Am hoping that is all for today.

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - 2 slices of SLC bread with corn beef and the thickest amount of butter I could scrape one!

Dinner - H/m satay chicken stir fry. Made with broccoli, cabbage, bean sprouts, some cauliflower rice and half a pepper. Not the tastiest but very filling.

2 squares Green and Blacks Mint and a cuppa.

Also tried a tiny bit of a Nick’s Toffee Bar I got in a Keto box delivery. So sweet and very strong coconut flavour (and I love coconut!)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and eggs for breakfast, low carb wrap with cold meat and salad for lunch, rib roast and green veggies, gravy for dinner.

No lickerish today, I kept my self under control at lunchtime, the apprentice is still going to be pinged off though.:arghh:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
Long walk
L: prawns, avocado, mayo and cheese crisps
D: roast chicken and veg, no potatoes, teaspoon stuffing
2 millionaire sqa and cream

Question: is it a reason for divorce when you find your DH serves you only breast meat from the chicken while keeping both wings and a drumstick for himself, and the other drumstick for boy, and gives the skin to the cats?

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Question: is it a reason for divorce when you find your DH serves you only breast meat from the chicken while keeping both wings and a drumstick for himself, and the other drumstick for boy, and gives the skin to the cats?
At the very least it's reason for some elaborate revenge!

Max68

Oh my word, if someone nicked the drumsticks and wings from under my nose I'd be mightily miffed! Agree that some revenge needs to be plotted!

No lunch today. Dinner I had two small slices of low carb toast with garlic Brussels pate followed by pepper coated beef joint and did some celeriac "chips" in the oven coated with a dab of paprika which were okay and some broccoli on side with a little gravy. Strawberries and a few raspberries with extra thick double cream to finish. Couple of treats later in evening which is making me happier at the moment and less temptation with the main meals.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and eggs for breakfast, low carb wrap with cold meat and salad for lunch, rib roast and green veggies, gravy for dinner.

No lickerish today, I kept my self under control at lunchtime, the apprentice is still going to be pinged off though.:arghh:

My favourite breakfast!

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Maybe not, but as @Antje77 suggests, definitely reason for elaborate revenge. Fancy giving the skin to the cat on top of everything else!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Yes, @DJC3 I make batches of the brined chicken and it freezes well at the brined point. Which reminds me, I have a portion or two in the freezer.

TMAD today. Had hoped for OMAD but needed to eat the beef short rib that turned out to be the first meal around 2pm and was still hungry a bit later so had an early dinner of smoked salmon and one of the huge double yoke eggs. All in a 3 hour window! Now ‘non-essential’ shops need to open so I can restock the IKEA smoked salmon. It’s delicious!

View attachment 47894

Thanks. I will definitely be doing more of those. Freezing in batches will hopefully stop me eating the whole kilo like I did yesterday.
The smoked salmon looks really good - so does the double yolker.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Forgive the interruption, but I know several on here use the Copymethat app for recipes. I've just had an email saying they've had a data breach and passwords stolen. Has anyone else had this email?
Yes got an email but hardly use the site and lucky my Password for it is not used anywhere else but did change it.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Saturday bed 6.3 FBG 5.9. I'm a bit narked today! I've had a meter and test strips since I was diagnosed at the start of 2008. Today I received a letter from my GP to say they've been instructed by the Health Board to conduct a check on all prescriptions and, because I am not insulin dependent, the health board has stated I "no longer need them". Any other Scottish members had this? I can't help thinking I'm being penalised for daring to control my diet, lose weight and reduce my overall medication intake.
B. TAG
L. Much later (had to do a decent shop) 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
D. Courgette zoodle carbonara. Having to spiralise zoodles now since Oomi Noodles & Lidl's Lighthouse Bay High protein noodles have vanished of the face of the earth! I don't like the other alternatives. Courgette zoodles are an ok alternative although my Lakeland zoodle maker is a bit annoying so Hubby wants to get me an electric one!
I gave into a Lidl lolly - only 2 left now!
Thats unbelievable.... I'm in Australia and a lot of new T2D don't get a meter to test they only have their HBA1C tested and it's based on that. But If they are on insulin or certain medications they are can get a meter and test which is unbelievable how does one know what their BSL are doing especially when told to eat HCLF by so called diabetic dietitian educators and they don't realise the BSL are spiking. Also some T2D Who want to monitor have to pay full price for their strips because they are told they don't need to test their BSL.