What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

gillytee31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My blood sugars in the am have always between 6 and 7 since I was diagnosed with Type 2 6 years ago. I was insulin controlled until Dec 2019 when HbA1c went down to 22 so put on metformin twice per day. However, since the beginning of this year blood sugars have not been below 9. I have also put on a stone in weight since the beginning of the pis year for no obvious reason. However, I had my HbA1c tested last week and it was 44 so my GP said NFA and there was nothing to worry about. What should I do? Am I worrying unnecessarily about my blood sugars?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
3.8 this morning. Not a hypo. Just a little on the low side. My Libre said 5.2 so did not alarm. Drinking coffee which brings it up a couple of mmol/l before I run.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My blood sugars in the am have always between 6 and 7 since I was diagnosed with Type 2 6 years ago. I was insulin controlled until Dec 2019 when HbA1c went down to 22 so put on metformin twice per day. However, since the beginning of this year blood sugars have not been below 9. I have also put on a stone in weight since the beginning of the pis year for no obvious reason. However, I had my HbA1c tested last week and it was 44 so my GP said NFA and there was nothing to worry about. What should I do? Am I worrying unnecessarily about my blood sugars?
Best to put this in a separate post @Brunneria or @Goonergal could perhaps split this off? (Random choice of mods :))

Reactions: ert and DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 at 6AM. I am 58 hours into fasting right now. Will break fast at 60 hours mark simply because I really like to eat breakfast on a Sunday with my family.

@ziggy_w thanks for the kind words. I was better by Friday noon except for a bit of tiredness but now feeling all tip-top again. :)

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Best to put this in a separate post @Brunneria or @Goonergal could perhaps split this off? (Random choice of mods :))

@gillytee31 as @Andydragon suggests, you’d likely get more response if your question was posed in its own thread. If you’d like this, you can either start your own thread or reply here to let us know and a moderator can move this one for you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 on Swipey. Sub-optimal but not off the leash - just barking at passers by.:angelic: @PenguinMum good result from T/A . Not something I have felt worth worrying about my T2 body dealing with for years now. My old once a year is not a great loss to me or the T/A trade. I do snack on poppadoms sometimes. I have persuaded Julie it is fine for her to order and I will eat "my" salad - progress. The goal is for her to accept she can "eat out" without me having food. Tea or coffee will do me fine.

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
9.1 - soooo fed up and frustrated. Counting down to doctor's appointment on Wednesday.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Hoping every time to get a sustained lower number and then this, it’s very disconcerting and demoralising. However, looking at your HBA1Cs you’ve achieved TONS and TONS! Well done. Yes, keep us informed, if you wish, from what the Doc says.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3