What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Morning All. A careless serving spoon of rice last night added to my meal has likely given me FBG of 6.7 heaven only knows what the number was like between then and now.
Rice spikes me like crazy. I have to ration myself to once a week...I 'should' do no rice at all but I just love it so much.

Reactions: annabell1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 mmoles/l early this morning.
:woot::woot: @Freema good to see you again:angelic: @DJC3 protein vs fat is fascinating. I'm experimenting with protein shakes/protein coffee again. 0.1 rise for lunch yesterday - 30 gms and 200 mls water (some 10% Greek yogurt which will be dropped). I wouldn't usually eat lunch or breakfast but I will have a shake maybe h/m bar. Let us know how that swap works please.

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.9 I was happy with that. I injected long-acting instead of short-acting insulin before lunch yesterday and spent the entire day chasing my tail. It was a full day task monitoring and walking to get back on track.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.6 this morning, 3k run done and for the first time , I got the missus to join me outdoors, which is a huge step for her.

Physio was done by 0930 on the shoulder of sleeplessness which it seems is improving.

3 dull as dishwater meetings today from home, might have a BBQ this afternoon, first of the year as the weather is so lovely, first as a T2 so that could result in an interesting BG tomorrow.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Late posting today as I had an early morning online lecture today. Fbg were 4.9 today.

@Freema -- Good to see you. Welcome back to the thread.
@DJC3 and @Pasha -- I hear you on the satiety of protein. I feel the same. Let us know how it goes. Unfortuately for me, if I go beyond 100g of protein, I usally also see a rise of a bit more than 1 mmol in blood sugar levels throughout the following days. The worst was after a night out at a rodizio grill.
@ert -- Hope you are okay today. Sounds like a taxing day yesterday.