What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bitof a better reading of 6.3 today. Still feel like I need a duvet day. Will settle for half a day instead, and venture into the world to see what is going on.

@JohnEGreen , glad you are back here. You had me worrying about you and Judith.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.5 yesterday at 0615
4.9 today at 0600

Drove to Manchester and Liverpool yesterday to see big son and Dad respectively, lots of walking done.

Ran 3k this morning and in work by 0730, no flying for me today just watching others having their fun while I sit there and pass the occasional comment.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all Fbg for me today 6.1. Have had a bumpy ride so far this year but am now back on line MG now in check my car is back on the road after having a slight altercation with the rear end of a lorry whilst trying to break unsuccessfully on snow and ice first week of January blood sugars all over the place. since vaccination jab.

Hope you are all well.
Lovely to see you back posting was getting a little bit worried in case all was not well.

Reactions: HeliGary

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all Fbg for me today 6.1. Have had a bumpy ride so far this year but am now back on line MG now in check my car is back on the road after having a slight altercation with the rear end of a lorry whilst trying to break unsuccessfully on snow and ice first week of January blood sugars all over the place. since vaccination jab.

Hope you are all well.
Great to see you back - I had wondered how you were - I hope all is ok with you

Reactions: annabell1

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to do a urine sample for kidney test. I have some dipsticks, and decided to dip it when I saw that it was the colour of Tizer. Apparently I have a UTI. Already got an emergency supply of antibiotics from my GP, so started on those this morning and hoping that will take care of the higher readings.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Left my handbag and testing kit in the car overnight which is a bit stupid, but I’m not going out in my pjs to get it so relying on Libre for fbg which is 4.9. In reality it’s prob a bit higher.
Another one here who is glad to see that you are back and well @JohnEGreen
Hope the antibiotics kick in ASAP @lucieloo
Hugs for the sticky sixes again @PenguinMum

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for UTI @luceeloo and high fbg @JohnEGreen. Sub-optimal 5.1 on Swipey (not the level per se, just a 5.1 on Swipey is worrying). Is 160 gms protein too much, certainly <22 gms carbs yesterday. I'm more confused about how to manage T2 via diet after 6 years than I was at the start. All I know is high fat ain't for me. @DJC3 good fbg - I have a Manbag but PJs?:arghh:

Last edited: