Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@Fairygodmother , just to keep you updated. My Bubble hasn't arrived yet. (The armband thing from another supplier, has..)

But I did get an email from Bubble saying they printed the shipping address label... :hilarious:

I kid you not.
Younger daughter’s just texted to say her birthday present’s not arrived but the supplier’s message apologising and saying they got the Brexit paperwork wrong has. Is your bubble coming from the EU?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Younger daughter’s just texted to say her birthday present’s not arrived but the supplier’s message apologising and saying they got the Brexit paperwork wrong has. Is your bubble coming from the EU?

Hi,

Yarp,, Sweden I think? (Looking at the smal print buisness address at the foot of the website when ordering.)

I was wondering the same thing.. Some poor lorry driver scratching his head at the new regs?
I wouldn't have thought the device was classed as "medical equipment" either..

It will get here when it does.. I suppose.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
PS, younger daughter’s 39 again today. Wonder how old she’ll be before she can have a great big crowded 40th birthday party?
On that note, it’s my turn to host the book club this month. There are nine of us, plus the husband of the one who has a glioblastoma in her brain. (A separate heartbreaking thing) I think if guidelines change we’ll be able to meet in the garden here. They’d need to go through the house to get to the garden, and the only lavatory we have is upstairs. I confess I’m feeling a little nervous about it. A few of them have continued contact with grandchildren, and children, throughout. I’m envious of those ones.
We’ve all had our second vaccine doses, either the AZ or the Fizzer. We’re all over 70. A couple of them are a bit deaf and even without that our gatherings can get noisy, lots of laughter and several conversations going on at once.
What would you do?

Reactions: Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are bored, this was slightly amusing and interesting.
A solution to traffic video.

Hi,

Oddly, I did a breif stint working for a traffic survey company in the south west UK. (They collate al sorts of data.)
You notice a lot of stuff regarding the flow of traffic. What I did see was the waiting time at the back of a queue in lights tends to be the same as if I was at the front on a red? Lol, except in "rush hour.."

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

Yarp,, Sweden I think? (Looking at the smal print buisness address at the foot of the website when ordering.)

I was wondering the same thing.. Some poor lorry driver scratching his head at the new regs?
I wouldn't have thought the device was classed as "medical equipment" either..

It will get here when it does.. I suppose.
But the bubble, surely, is medical equipment. Will it have been ticked as medical equipment on the import forms? It’s a nightmare.
I’m hoping younger daughter’s birthday present, a Withings watch, falls between the medical and health lines, but how can the sender know that she’s prone to episodes of low blood pressure? That she was deemed medically vulnerable and thus had a vaccine earlier than her older sister because of problems with her liver and borderline gestational diabetes? We think. Not sure yet why she’s classed as vulnerable.
I’m also hoping she’s not going to get a whacking great bill for import duty. We’ll pay, of course, if she does, and I’m giving cat advance warnings that he’ll be living on dustbin scraps if that happens, no more lobster thermidor and caviar.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But the bubble, surely, is medical equipment. Will it have been ticked as medical equipment on the import forms? It’s a nightmare.

I think this where the line gets blurred? Logically, It's an aftermarket "add on." An NTC scanner & transmitter.
Just an electronic device.
Though reports are great on it's function from users with it's game changing qualities with BG managment & the tech is clever. It isn't part of the "hoops" Abbott had to jump through with the actual sensor..?

That's my reasoning on it.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Fairygodmother.

We are trying to figure out what's safe and what's not right now too. We are both vaccinated, but we are having the biggest surge on our island we've ever had. We actually have true community spread now. They laxed the rules about the second test for tourists and laxed the rules for inter island travel for residents and bam 10 days later we were not looking good. Still low comparative to other places but a 5th of all our cases in less than 2 weeks. With all the variants and vaccinations not completely working etc it makes you think about it.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think I’ll wait until nearer the time, it won’t be until the end of this month, and see what’s happening with variants, travel, opening up, numbers etc. @Marie 2. I’m really sorry it’s become more prevalent in Hawaii. I think we T1s, who know how even a small brush with infective invaders can mean blood sugar mayhem, are nervous about talking chances.
Talking of which, how’s your thumb today @urbanracer?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I think I’ll wait until nearer the time, it won’t be until the end of this month, and see what’s happening with variants, travel, opening up, numbers etc. @Marie 2. I’m really sorry it’s become more prevalent in Hawaii. I think we T1s, who know how even a small brush with infective invaders can mean blood sugar mayhem, are nervous about talking chances.
Talking of which, how’s your thumb today @urbanracer?

Nothing much to report @Fairygodmother. A few twinges of pain that one might normally expect from a wound that is trying to heal. At least I hope that's all it is as cannot see what's going on under the bandages.
I was instructed to go to A+E by 8:30 Sunday morning and ask for Alan who is a lead nurse and will change the dressing before the department gets too busy.
I now have an appointment to see the Orthopedic consultant on Tuesday afternoon too. Hoping he's going to provide some kind of care plan going forward.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's today but it's been too cold to chance it!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Gardening_Day
I didn't know there was such a thing, but I have been to Abbey House gardens in Malmesbury, which was famous for the 'naked gardeners', a couple who did indeed garden naked or partly dressed. He was around, didn't see her, certainly wasn't part of the attraction of a really lovely garden. It was sold a couple of years ago after the couple split up but the gardens are still open. Haven't been since it was sold, but Malmesbury itself is worth a visit too.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't know there was such a thing, but I have been to Abbey House gardens in Malmesbury, which was famous for the 'naked gardeners', a couple who did indeed garden naked or partly dressed. He was around, didn't see her, certainly wasn't part of the attraction of a really lovely garden. It was sold a couple of years ago after the couple split up but the gardens are still open. Haven't been since it was sold, but Malmesbury itself is worth a visit too.

That's about half hour drive from me..
To be frank, I don't see the practicality on naturist gardening.?
I'm more into the landscaping side of stuff. Timber or brick work.. Slabbing? So definately not practical.

Gone "skinny dipping" on a designated beach though. (Only because I felt "over dressed.")
Quite liberating.. :)

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi FG, I hope you are keeping well. I'm ok thank you.
Hi, it’s good to hear that you’re ok in these Covid times. Stay well. Hope your family’s also ok and that life’s not thrown too many spanners in the works.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, may there be no silly stuff from bloods and may all bank holiday barbecues be just as delicious indoors if it rains.

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, may there be no silly stuff from bloods and may all bank holiday barbecues be just as delicious indoors if it rains.

Hi, I got just two choices today. Go out & mess with my van.. (Small but non vital electrical issue.)
Or if it rains. Do some music..

Lol, an update on the Bubble just came through.. (Email & text from DHL.) should be here on Friday.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That’s cheerful: the bubble’s on it’s way. Hip hip hip hooray. Another tech fest’s imminent @Jaylee

Reactions: Marie 2