What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Finally, testing strips have arrived yesterday. So, am now back to testing fbg today -- 5.0 this morning.

@nutribolt and Magic -- Hugs to both you.
@PenguinMum -- Sorry to read about your stressful day. Hugs. Hope today will be better for you.
@DisFanJen -- Welcome to the thread.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the slightly higher fasting levels and thanks for the welcome back.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon. @nutribolt So sorry to hear about Magic, must be so heartbreaking and stressful. Pets are part of the family and love us unconditionally which is beautiful.

5.3 on dexcom for me and 4.6 on Dexcom so shows me twicking my lifestyle is getting my numbers down. Private endro thinks it’s stress that is putting my numbers up in the am.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning - considering what I had last night that's good; I tried to make a low carb Gateau le Progres which is basically almond macaroon layered between a very rich chocolate French butter cream. I used to make this as a special occasion cake, its the first time I have tried to make a low carb version. Its been a bit of a trial and error as I had to guess sweetener quantities and found I didn't use enough plus the dark chocolate I used (not my normal choc) has turned out to be quite bitter it's ok as a first attempt though, so of course there were all the bowls to lick clean after - it was low carb afterall. :angelic:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.3 at 0600, despite sporadic eating yesterday with work getting in the way and not having dinner till 1030 last night.

Sleeping better after the purchase of a weighted blanket on Friday, really surprised how much it helps.

Hoping for better weather today.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 6AM and 5.6 just now at 7.20AM. Overnight average is 6.5. The trip to vet emergency services resulted in some higher numbers at around 12.30AM to 01.30AM causing a bit higher average. Good news is though that Magic is still with us and it appears I panicked for no good reason as his throwing up was side effect of strong medication.

Have a great day everyone.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news on Magic @nutribolt and the weighted blanket (need to google that) @HeliGary. Swipey bestowed a 4.1 on me upon waking rising to 4.6 after dog duties and tea making - both uber essential. Rumours of dry days, something orange in blue skies and barbeques. Surrounded by >20k US service people and families here, barbeques are quite The Thing.

Last edited:

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning!

FBS 9.05am 3.8 on tee2+ and 4.7 on dexcom
Pleased with either; off to my parents in laws for 40 anniversary celebrations today (carb central) so bringing my low carb meal.

going to try @TriciaWs ‘porridge’ today for breakie.

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.6 at 6AM and 5.6 just now at 7.20AM. Overnight average is 6.5. The trip to vet emergency services resulted in some higher numbers at around 12.30AM to 01.30AM causing a bit higher average. Good news is though that Magic is still with us and it appears I panicked for no good reason as his throwing up was side effect of strong medication.

Have a great day everyone.:)

Brilliant news about Magic

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 at 0600, despite sporadic eating yesterday with work getting in the way and not having dinner till 1030 last night.

Sleeping better after the purchase of a weighted blanket on Friday, really surprised how much it helps.

Hoping for better weather today.

My daughter found the same thing with the weighted blanket. We’ve recently discovered she’s on the autistic spectrum ( no surprise to any of us tbh) and we’d read about the benefits of them.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't remember if I posted yesterday but reading was 7.8 and a nasty 9 for this morning .