What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Still painting yesterday's watercolour and waiting for paint to dry before detailing the ploughed field. I have been Held up by creating Mrs MCs pond in a bath, visit to garden centre for plants and rocks, spirit level and digging to get water level. So two pictures of finished pond in a bath and how far I progressed with my watercolour....
View attachment 49323
View attachment 49324
Water colour will get finished Sunday, I hope. Off to play my guitar for an hour now as I'm out of practise and after the 17th hopefully a couple of friends will be able to join us indoors for a jam session,so practice, practice...
A4 watercolour...
View attachment 49325
pond in a bath - will there be a frog invasion? great stand of trees and look forward to the finished artwork

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. We are off to Gooderstone Water Gardens this morning for a leisurely stroll and then coffee in their cafe which has just re-opened.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 today

Frosty during the night last night :sorry:
we've had a quite day pottering at home with just a quick walk to get some milk and dispatch some glass jars into the bottle bank becaue it has rained all day here :) The poor caravan dwellers are looking a little soggy as they doggy walk on the beach.
From a visitors' conversation overheard in the village shop (and human nature being what it is), there seems to be a bit of a feeling of 'I've been shut up for months couldn't we at least get a bit of sun '

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - handsome bath pond in the making there :) and I look forward to the continuation of your painting, it promises well :joyful:

@dunelm - lovely shaded blossom there, the colour glows and that's a fine fat pigeon in your park painting, we have a couple such that visit in our garden :)
Mum has a gean cherry tree in the garden but any little fruits soon get snapped up by the birds ;)

@lindisfel - Tom Lehrer ;) :D

@gennepher - lovely swan picture, very fluidly painted too and I enjoyed the inspiration :)

art bit -
this was one of the last of the pictures I painted on my original batch of paper, you can see that this one was quite badly affected by the flaws in the surface sizing (looks like darker pinholes where the paint just sank in :sorry: ) I should have fixed the 'cauliflower' in the clouds but I was a bit disheartened :arghh: Onward and upward ;)
View attachment 49326
Thank you @geefull and yes, our cherries seem to vanish faster than we spot them by greedy birds. I like the colours that you used for the clouds even if it did not turn out to your satisfaction. I have many days like that but never mind. Your mountains, as always, are so well done.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning

With the mention of higher protein, I was intrigued.

I noticed there is a dedicated post to it on here, and had intended to do a little reading up

So when I came across this in my feeds, I thought I would share.

Makes mention of how diet doctor teams have tried it done with great success.

Not a fulsome report, warts are in there too,, which was nice to see & made me take it a little more seriously.

Helped with IBS, they say, which our Steph suffers, so we may be trying that this summer.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/diet-doctor-team-members-try-higher-protein-low-carb-diet
Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone on a promised light cloud and fresh breeze start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of very spiced eggs and mushrooms with home made bread came in at 4.8 this am

Ice cream - Discovered our long lost ice cream maker in the back of a cupboard yesterday so making ice cream today out of double cream, Greek yoghurt and milk - I also bought some zero calorie salted caramel and want to give it a whirl with ice cream and berries.
I am on electrician duty today - Mrs Miggins wants a single socket in the hallway changing to a double. See, this is what happens when people get the urge to decorate - all manner of things pop up. I used to be able to do jobs like this without turning off electricity but nowadays I need the assistance of Elf and Safety - I will also need a hand getting up of the floor when done - **** this ageing body.
Blossom and snow - both have been reported so painting today to reflect. Boating in the mist - not to be confused with Dian Fossey. Hope your Sunday is a good one. I must get some koffy and then make a move.

upload_2021-5-9_9-7-44.jpeg

Reactions: dogslife

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Much to the relief of a few this must be my last post for a week or so, lack of Internet.

Enjoy the sanity of our other posters, painters and gamers.

A 6.1 this morning on that evil scheming meter of deception and plotting.

Be good, be safe, be apart and finally be away from the depressing media.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone on a promised light cloud and fresh breeze start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of very spiced eggs and mushrooms with home made bread came in at 4.8 this am

Ice cream - Discovered our long lost ice cream maker in the back of a cupboard yesterday so making ice cream today out of double cream, Greek yoghurt and milk - I also bought some zero calorie salted caramel and want to give it a whirl with ice cream and berries.
I am on electrician duty today - Mrs Miggins wants a single socket in the hallway changing to a double. See, this is what happens when people get the urge to decorate - all manner of things pop up. I used to be able to do jobs like this without turning off electricity but nowadays I need the assistance of Elf and Safety - I will also need a hand getting up of the floor when done - **** this ageing body.
Blossom and snow - both have been reported so painting today to reflect. Boating in the mist - not to be confused with Dian Fossey. Hope your Sunday is a good one. I must get some koffy and then make a move.

View attachment 49329
Yes, the getting up off the floor can leave one like a beached whale sometimes @dunelm

I absolutely love this painting. So light and airy...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Much to the relief of a few this must be my last post for a week or so, lack of Internet.

Well I almost fell for your cunning trap @alf_Josiah to work out how people REALLY feel...:hilarious:

"I won't be posting for a week".

Hurrah, hurrah, Win win..:headphone::headphone:

So I went with HUG.:D;)

Win for the score, mind :)

Enjoy the web free daze
More time for bike riding, me thinks :D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to be able to do jobs like this without turning off electricity .....:wideyed::woot::woot::woot:

but nowadays I need the assistance of Elf and Safety - I will also need a hand getting up of the floor when done - **** this ageing body.
View attachment 49329

Yep, why is the floor so close when getting down
But the sky so far when getting up.

Welcome to the vertical Olympics.:D

The 2 metre drop is particularly hard
I blame the altitude training us tall Uns do.:rolleyes: :bag:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Ooh! Sounds like a trip is on the cards

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all.

Day 2 of 2nd Pfizer jab
A little clogged up today, nothing major, asthmatic, but not had any issues with it really since LCHF, so may be coincidental.

Fbg still higher 7.3..temp 36.4. So nothing of note.

Day out yesterday, with furry nephew.
Intention was to go Richmond park with him after Lauren's jab.

Rain persuaded us to use a more local park

This one only on South side of river, go past it regularly... and I've NEVER been there .:woot:

So sharing a few pics of my surprise park
Got new phone 48MP pics, WAY too large for my photo apps to reduce to forum size :sorry:

So testing out a pic resizer as my old app, has helpfully been updated and no longer does that :banghead:

Pic 1 Surprise park twinned with Cheyne walk & the Mississippi.

2 A fine walk ruined, so they say.
Mini golf..who knew :wideyed:

And finally Frankie, bless him became the Elf on the Shelf anytime Lauren left car..
( jab / shopping)

He watched her cross road for jab and disappear from sight... kept his eye on her return for a good 5 minutes before giving up xx

(And pic resizer, great success..better then old one, so thank you for **** update old app..gonna miss ya. :bag::D)

IMG_20210508_153137_resize_13.jpg

IMG_20210508_155328_resize_70.jpg

IMG_20210508_164952_resize_97.jpg

IMG_20210508_144728_1_resize_49.jpg

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
I spent this morning with other old birders with telescope and binoculars sat out on chairs, in the RSPB car park at Bowness on Solway, where the Roman wall ended, looking for sea birds coming into the Solway from the Irish Sea on the incoming tide.
They were all youngsters compared to me, mostly in their 70's. Two had lost their wives, one more than 20 years ago.
I think how fortunate I am to have the duchess, keeping this creaking gate hanging on its hinges.:)

I thought one day in the not too distant future there will be another border in the middle of the mile and half of water at high tide between us and Annan.

A great pity, but threats not to cooperate wont help the Union.

The sea birds will not notice. Not the Great, Arctic, Pomarine and Long-tailed Skuas that migrate through at this time of year and on their way to the Arctic.

Just two species of Skua came through this am plus Kittiwakes and Red throated Divers.

It was a pleasant interlude amongst calm and knowledgeable guys.
It was nice not to be in masks although we all kept our distance.
With fresh air a plenty.

Some bikers were tickled by the signpost that said how far it was to Rome!
However I think the soldiers that manned the wall came from Gaul.
D.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely walk around Gooderstone Water Gardens - although it was more an amble from bench to bench as we stopped so many times just to soak up the lovely views of trees, plants, flowers, little lakes, rivers and birds and butterflies.

Mr K and the Labradors enjoyed sharing a sausage roll. I had a concoction of whey protein powder, inulin, psyllium husks and vanilla - which was delicious. The coffee was rather nice also.

We had our lunch overlooking one of the little lakes on a seat under a pergola. We spent ages relaxing and watching the reflections of the weeping willows on the water as the branches swayed in the gentle warm breeze. A little robin kept us company as it hopped from branch to branch around the pergola.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely walk around Gooderstone Water Gardens - although it was more an amble from bench to bench as we stopped so many times just to soak up the lovely views of trees, plants, flowers, little lakes, rivers and birds and butterflies.

Mr K and the Labradors enjoyed sharing a sausage roll. I had a concoction of whey protein powder, inulin, psyllium husks and vanilla - which was delicious. The coffee was rather nice also.

We had our lunch overlooking one of the little lakes on a seat under a pergola. We spent ages relaxing and watching the reflections of the weeping willows on the water as the branches swayed in the gentle warm breeze. A little robin kept us company as it hopped from branch to branch around the pergola.

Day out sounds fantastic :happy: