What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.2 at 0540 this morning.

I think better sleep is helping keep the figures down.

Reducing the Metformin seems to be working out, I’d say no appreciable difference from before and after in fasting BG figures.

Off to run shortly, an unexpectedly nice morning here at the moment.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning, having fish for dinner tonight so hoping to be back in 5s tomorrow.
Good news about the metformin @HeliGary well done.
@ziggy_w Yes I know that skin burn feeling during and after cold water swimming, I think it’s probably what makes it addictive though weirdly. The water was a bit below 11C and when I tried to scan my Libre afterwards it came up with the error message ‘Sensor too cold to scan’!!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Well Swipey said 6.3 Codefree said 6.9 but I got up an hour later due to a disturbed night. Went to bed on a high five, woke at 02.30 with sore arm and tummy ache from then on BG started to climb in the 6s. So might be the Covid jab yesterday or/and the disastrous eye injection last Friday, who knows. Anyway my numbers haven’t been great lately. But I am going to keep on keeping on.
@nutribolt how was your jab yesterday? You had a day of it I think!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Hug for impact of 2 injections @PenguinMum, great attitude. @DJC3 Thanks. Hot showers mess with Libre so an ice bath would. Swipey was 5.1 No disaster but Libre tends to be over optimistic - very au courant.. I know what to expect by now. 5.1 can't be polished. I need an A1c + full bloods to see what is going on. GP needs to open up enough and I need to give P:E type WOE a longer run first. Me and LCHF are incompatible - change is messy atm. Actually more like how I started.

Last edited:

OCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 after another garlic bread related indiscretion ... thanks for the exercise info @ziggy_w great to see that your change to routine is settling in & useful to know that about alcohol! I experimented yesterday going at about 70% my normal pace and instead of a spike (usually about 7-8) it was 5, lower than fbg ... so I think it must be adrenaline. I'm embracing the spike however as I'm now convinced getting fitter will reduce spike in long run like it did with you. It's great to get the long-game perspective that this forum provides! have a great day everyone

Bubbleblower

BANNED
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
My FBS immediately after getting up is usually around 5, but an hour later it's over 8.

Hello all,

5.6 this morning. Putting it down to starting up exercise again. It seems every time I change my routine, blood sugars go up a bit. My body seems to be happiest when things are settled.

That can happen especially if you exercise in the morning, chances are the same exercise in the afternoon will lower blood sugars.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today.
Thinking of transition to Protein :energy way of eating too. Just need to get my head round it all.
I do low carb with some fat atm. Can’t lose weight like some folks report with that and it is getting tedious, despite apparent good management of BG most of the time. Of course I can’t know that without the full blood work, and GP is in no hurry to remove the sentries on the watchtower and open up to all but urgent care. So just depending on meter and a couple of home HbA1c tests myself.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood glucose is 11.4 this morning.
I don't know how to get this down it is
Usually around this every morning. It
Goes down throughout the day until
I hit 6.3 in the evening.

Are you on insulin (just checking, could be pills or handled by diet)? If so it sounds like your basal (long term injection) is a little low. I'd have a chat with your healthcare team about it.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine this morning was 4.4 or 5.8 depending which one you go with (BG or the Libre).

However given that I found out my Libre was faulty (I did not have a hypo last night, no matter what it said), we'll go with the 5.8. :)

How is everyone today?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today.
Thinking of transition to Protein :energy way of eating too. Just need to get my head round it all.
I do low carb with some fat atm. Can’t lose weight like some folks report with that and it is getting tedious, despite apparent good management of BG most of the time. Of course I can’t know that without the full blood work, and GP is in no hurry to remove the sentries on the watchtower and open up to all but urgent care. So just depending on meter and a couple of home HbA1c tests myself.
That boat is getting full @Pipp. I lost and kept off weight because I can't eat most of the LCHF food. No medical issues just personal taste. Hope you find a way through for yourself. You've probably seen this but may help

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That boat is getting full @Pipp. I lost and kept off weight because I can't eat most of the LCHF food. No medical issues just personal taste. Hope you find a way through for yourself. You've probably seen this but may help
Thanks, @ianpspurs ,yes. I struggle with eggs, sometimes fine other times not. Oily fish is out too. So I am working out a way through it to suit with protein I can cope with and some veg. Just tweaking really, a bit less fat.
Just seems too much like the NHS healthy eating advice from 30 years ago, but without the low fat yogurt and wholemeal carbs.
I love cheese too much, too.