What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone for the comforting words. None of us is in good frame of mind. Tears keep flowing out with smallest of triggers. He was so much embedded in our lives and hearts that littlest of things keep reminding us of him. We have just consoled ourselves by the fact that his departure is only temporary and that he will be back with us in a new body soon enough.

@Estragon the doggy in my avatar is indeed Magic. In this photo he is actually searching for his mommy (my wife) who had gone into the local Sainsburys hence the slightly worried look.

Reactions: karen8967

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm sure he passed at the time of his choosing, surrounded with his home and close to his family.

Unbeknown to you of course, but I'd grown to form a bond with that little man, all from an inanimate image I simply saw on a screen each day who just happens to be living on the other side of the world.

Peace to you all .... I'm sure he left some for you

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fbg was 5.2 yesterday (continuing the downward trend) and 5.4 today after a late meal.

@nutribolt -- Hugs. It must be so hard losing a loved pet and member of the family.
@Freema -- Great fasting levels. Happy for you.
@OCat -- Yes, I agree. Exercise intensity definitely makes a huge difference. Strangely, I see a higher rise cleaning the kitchen than from vigorous exercise on the elliptical trainer.
@Bubbleblower -- Welcome to the thread and thanks for your comment. I am one of those people who prefer exercising at night (usually around 10 p.m.) anyway. Rises during exercise are usually fine, so not complaining. However, as I hadn't exercised for more than a month due to a high work load, now since having taken up exercise again it seems my body is protesting the change in routine (by experiencing somewhat higher levels throughout the day). Expect though that this will settle soon again.
@PenguinMum -- Hugs for the impact of the vaccine and the eye procedure on your blood sugars.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Glad there is improvement @PenguinMum; great fbg trend continues @karen8967; week sounds excellent @Andydragon; shining example of virtue @HeliGary - hope the flight test goes as you want. @DJC3 is Friday open water swimming day? @ziggy_w I hope your bg settles back into exercise routine pronto. Wholly sub-optimal 5.2 from my truculent Swipey. 1 or more, maybe all, of Swipey, my body or diet is dysfunctional but 'tis salmon salad day and my granddaughter is 2 today so who gives an expletive?

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Checked on NHS app and my HbA1c results came today. It surprisingly isn't all that bad at 41. Although my readings since yesterday have been pretty high with an average of about 9.5 and highest it went was to 12 but I guess that's just the coping with the loss causing spike.

My cholesterol is a bit high as can be seen below:

Serum lipid levels
Serum cho]esterol level 5.6 mmol/L [3.1 - 5.0]
Above high reference limit
Serum triglyceride levels 3.6 mmol/L [0.2 -
2.0]
Serum HDL cholesterol level 1.30 mmol/L [1.O
- 2.0]
Serum LDL cholesterol level 2.7 mmol/L [0.5 -
3.0]
Non HDL Cholesterol 4.3 mmol/L [< 4.0]
Total Chol/HDL Ratio 4.3 [0.0 - 5.0]

HDL has actually increased since Feb and LDL has decreased. Fasting does tend to increase trigs so I guess it isn't so bad a result but am sure DN will suggest restarting statin and am not sure I want to do that.

Second dose of vaccination tomorrow so the numbers are going to get weird over next few days or weeks anyway... I might take a break from reporting for few days.

Have a great start of the weekend everyone.

PS: @Mike d just wanted to say thanks for the very soothing words, they touched a chord.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@nutribolt, don’tmake any major decisions on meds or anything else about your blood results until you feel ready after your sad loss.