What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I was working on a digital painting with similar colours as yesterday only doing the full trees. I was working on changing it and moving the things in the painting around, but it never quite worked in my eyes. I liked it but I didn't like it, in equal measures.

Finally I converted my digital painting into mono. Now I like it very much! It is much more mystical.

I started it as a pastel in iPastel, and then put it into Procreate, and was working back-and-forth for a bit. There's about a couple of hours work in this painting.

The female blackbird is doing her flypast back-and-forth over my camouflage thatched roof on my swing leaving her daily messages. The messages may be white, but they're definitely not messages of surrender… And I have a greattit pecking away at the suet balls in the bird feeder, but is now being divebombed by the female blackbird.

View attachment 49460
@gennepher yes, your painting is very mystical. I do like it.

We now have blackbirds nesting in our garden. We have been watching them bringing in the nesting material this morning.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results - congratulations this P:E is working well for you.
P.E. is definitely working for me.

I checked my online records this morning and all the other tests were in normal range. So I am completely normal - or maybe Normal for Norfolk.

I was really pleased to see that although I am now coded as Diabetes Resolved my excellent DN has added that I am to be tested annually because I am at high risk of developing diabetes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 fbs this morning. 2 hours after breakfast 6.2. Note to liver and pancreas - 'I think you have got this the wrong way round because blood sugars go up after eating 12g of carbs, not down'. Reply from liver and pancreas - ' just ignore it. We know what we are doing.'

Yesterday I tackled the heap of paperwork on the dining room table. Luckily most of it could be binned. It is so nice to see the dining room tidy again.

Picked up 4 boxes of Rapid Lateral Flow Tests yesterday. We both tested negative. So all OK for classes back at our local venues tomorrow. A phased start back because Norwich doesn't start back until 7th June.
Interesting upward journey of your fbg on P:E but glorious end point on HbA1c and being resolved. However, will us mere mortals see the same results?. Only asking for a friend you understand. Personally, I'm totally chillaxed;) My resting pulse and sleep seem to enjoy more protein. I don't have much muscle these days - comparatively large neck still - so Lord knows if they are benefiting. Perhaps Mr K should have a quiet word about talking to your body parts - that tends to argue against the normal diagnosis in all parts of the known world;). Gel I knew (called Felicity, obs) did swear she said "I must, I must improve my bust" every day. Outstanding results;)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to Tuesday in Suffolk - just but still in the IP postcode area. Staggered - literally - around stabbing the Pness and Tee 2 offered up 5.9. Records show back in the Durasic age when Stabbosaurus and Excel roamed the earth fbg average was approximately 5.31667. New Swipey tonight, this is too much of a faff. LC tabouleh and gammon yesterday - worked well but no idea of impact as I CBA to stab pre and post meal - a tad barbaric IMHO. Congratulations again @Krystyna23040. Loving the monochrome artwork @gennepher and the colour piece @dunelm. @Muddy Cyclist hug for higher fbg - I've never seen the point of aubergine as food but do love a pair of aubergine chinos.;)

Reminded me of this - well, le soleil brille and all that. (Lyrice here Genn.) I/we looked remarkably like this - Eagles - at UNI (some stunning moustaches on the gels) - tempus fugit etc, etc. 130 gms protein yesterday - oooh, I could crush a grape.;)
Thanks for the lyrics @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is all too, too much. I just finished (low and in the corner) trying to talk Harry Kane (such a wonderful young man) into staying with Spurs when this state of national emergency hove into view:bigtears: Can't be true we are Global Britain (minus Scotland obs). Flammin meedja, wokery gawn mad, elf-n-safeteee - rejoice I tell ya. Roll out the barrel. (Hmm, 2 Fedos atop a giant Mr Whippy cone with a triple Jägerbomb side sounds like a plan if I ever leave the reservation):angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone, an exhibition of cloud formations is on the go here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken in a cream and mushroom sauce came in a5 5.2 this am.

Mrs Miggins and her twin were out for a posh afternoon tea yesterday at an equally posh venue - a birthday gift from our daughter last year but only now able to use. She reports that only half the available tables were in use. Cool.

Our news reporters are working hard this morning reminding us what the insides of pubs, restaurants, child play areas an all manner of ancient archeological sites look like. Thank goodness we have such a dedicated team of entertainers usefully spending our licence fee.

Rotterdam - Eurovision - Noooooooooooo!

Second jab booked for Saturday but I am exercising caution, my imaginary dog. “Caution” is the new kid on the political scene - voted the best word since Gordon Brown’s “prudence”, nicked from The White Album.

Art today about 7x4 inches on quite thick but raw rice paper. Have a wonderful day, koffy time.

View attachment 49461
Always thought Caution was a police dog?
If you got bitten you had been Cautioned!

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone, an exhibition of cloud formations is on the go here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken in a cream and mushroom sauce came in a5 5.2 this am.

Mrs Miggins and her twin were out for a posh afternoon tea yesterday at an equally posh venue - a birthday gift from our daughter last year but only now able to use. She reports that only half the available tables were in use. Cool.

Our news reporters are working hard this morning reminding us what the insides of pubs, restaurants, child play areas an all manner of ancient archeological sites look like. Thank goodness we have such a dedicated team of entertainers usefully spending our licence fee.

Rotterdam - Eurovision - Noooooooooooo!

Second jab booked for Saturday but I am exercising caution, my imaginary dog. “Caution” is the new kid on the political scene - voted the best word since Gordon Brown’s “prudence”, nicked from The White Album.

Art today about 7x4 inches on quite thick but raw rice paper. Have a wonderful day, koffy time.

View attachment 49461
I am a little worried about the kids who live in that cottage on the edge of the abyss!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Always thought Caution was a police dog?
If you got bitten you had been Cautioned!
A caution, in my part of The Fens, was a simple person - usage = He/she is a proper caution. Talking of caution as in eat in pubs/but only eat outside and are vaccinated twice this seems to nail matters. Yes, I'm Uni educated, wokish and "clustered" amongst similar so shoot me already but I can spot a snake oil salesman..

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm and geefull

lindisfel

Expert
A caution, in my part of The Fens, was a simple person - usage = He/she is a proper caution. Talking of caution as in eat in pubs/but only eat outside and are vaccinated twice this seems to nail matters. Yes, I'm Uni educated, wokish and "clustered" amongst similar so shoot me already.
We just had village idiots! But I would not say that nowadays, its too politically incorrect. D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.5 today

it's chucking it down with rain here so we celebrated the day by taking a load of stuff to the recycling depot :hilarious:

Picked up mum's shopping list ready for tomorrow and made a cinnamon and orange LC sponge this afternoon.
I don't think I shall give up wearing my mask for shopping anytime very soon, we get a lot of tourists from the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas and the Glasgow area seems to have a cluster of the new 'India' variant :sorry: discretion is the better part of valour I think ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - idiots aka-'barmpots' where I grew up ;)

@dunelm - the pale yellow rice paper makes a pleasing subtle background for your landscape, amazing how much scale you have managed to get in so small an area :)

Your landscape today is fantastic, you have a real way with rocky crags, so much depth and balance, they always look so weighty and the colours add an effective highlight :joyful:

Congrats to your grandaughters they must be well pleased :)

@gennepher - two completely different and contrasting pictures, the first is all light and those blossoms look like they would sway if you breathed on them :joyful: the second monocromatic one has so much mystery, it's quite enigmatic, I like them both very much.

@Krystyna23040 - very well done for your latest blood test results, you must be justifiably pleased :) It looks as if the PE diet is suiting you well.

@Muddy Cyclist - so good to spend time outdoors now the weather is improving isn't it? and seeing nature come back to life prompts the imagination :)

art bit -
this is done on a paper called 'Britannia' by Hahnemuhle ( 300gsm lignin/acid free cellulose I believe)
I got some to try because it uses a different type of size to my regular paper (starch instead of gelatine). It is 'matte' texture which is supposed to be the equivalent of cold pressed but it seems a bit smoother than most.
The paper seems to handle water/washes in a slightly odd way, not as I'm used to, though I do like it. I shall continue to experiment ;)

upload_2021-5-18_16-4-4.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

it's chucking it down with rain here so we celebrated the day by taking a load of stuff to the recycling depot :hilarious:

Picked up mum's shopping list ready for tomorrow and made a cinnamon and orange LC sponge this afternoon.
I don't think I shall give up wearing my mask for shopping anytime very soon, we get a lot of tourists from the Glasgow and Edinburgh areas and the Glasgow area seems to have a cluster of the new 'India' variant :sorry: discretion is the better part of valour I think ;)

@dunelm - the pale yellow rice paper makes a pleasing subtle background for your landscape, amazing how much scale you have managed to get in so small an area :)

Your landscape today is fantastic, you have a real way with rocky crags, so much depth and balance, they always look so weighty and the colours add an effective highlight :joyful:

@gennepher - two completely different and contrasting pictures, the first is all light and those blossoms look like they would sway if you breathed on them :joyful: the second monocromatic one has so much mystery, it's quite enigmatic, I like them both very much.

@Krystyna23040 - very well done for your latest blood test results, you must be justifiably pleased :) It looks as if the PE diet is suiting you well.

@Muddy Cyclist - so good to spend time outdoors now the weather is improving isn't it? and seeing nature come back to life prompts the imagination :)

art bit -
this is done on a paper called 'Britannia' by Hahnemuhle ( 300gsm lignin/acid free cellulose I believe)
I got some to try because it uses a different type of size to my regular paper (starch instead of gelatine). It is 'matte' texture which is supposed to be the equivalent of cold pressed but it seems a bit smoother than most.
The paper seems to handle water/washes in a slightly odd way, not as I'm used to, though I do like it. I shall continue to experiment ;)

View attachment 49463
Not sure I understand a single word of the art lesson, sorry miss, but I love the picture. Pale blue, wonder why I like that colour so much?;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A caution, in my part of The Fens, was a simple person - usage = He/she is a proper caution. Talking of caution as in eat in pubs/but only eat outside and are vaccinated twice this seems to nail matters. Yes, I'm Uni educated, wokish and "clustered" amongst similar so shoot me already but I can spot a snake oil salesman..
I will have “a pint of lager with a hailstone top, please,” then let to to South Georgia for a snowball fight.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We just had village idiots! But I would not say that nowadays, its too politically incorrect. D.
We rounded a good number of them up and posted them to London but I fear that some senior idiot may have plans to move the ones in the counting house up towards Darlington - that should get the housing market moving in an unaffordable upward direction. “Oh yes, we bought the whole terrace and knocked it through. Got the idea from an old Beatles film called ‘Help!’.”

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

art bit -

View attachment 49463
Do keep hold of the rain, thank you. How much of it can you take to the recycling centre each time?
Thank you for your kind comments. I quite enjoy working on a small scale. Britannia by Hahnemuhle - sounds like we need tickets. I like the way you have cut that pale yellow horizon through the piece and continued the light through those slits in the cloud and then pushed the theme down onto the land and into the water. Smashing.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do keep hold of the rain, thank you. How much of it can you take to the recycling centre each time?
Thank you for your kind comments. I quite enjoy working on a small scale. Britannia by Hahnemuhle - sounds like we need tickets. I like the way you have cut that pale yellow horizon through the piece and continued the light through those slits in the cloud and then pushed the theme down onto the land and into the water. Smashing.
I'm just assuming that is all friendly. I do hope it is not some kind of argot, like cockerney rhyming slang, for class A?;)

Last edited: