What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a weather fence sitting start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of a fine slice of ham off the bone by our skilled butcher with a couple of eggs on top came in at 5.0 this am

A busy day yesterday, entertaining the troops and a game of football that somehow requires three garishly coloured balls. One of our nieces came round in the morning with her daughter who is about the same age as the girl in the bubble so small table and chairs out in the garden with toy boxes, picnic blankets, open the doors to the summer house and of course, importantly, a parasol for the stooges. Birds were unimpressed and stayed away from the bird feeders - they made up for the inconvenience after ‘tidy up time’ was completed. After that, all I could do was watch something terrible on the telly called The News.

Debates today in that place about the extension and then a vote! Cola removed by footy club and doctors saying that cola products are comparably as bad as smoking fags - caffeine and addiction stuff: the three big nasties, especially for low income families being cola drinks, smoking and gambling sites. Other news, that Don’t Dilly Dally On The Way line that goes “you can't trust a special like an old time copper” has been born out on that Cressida watch.

Not much time for art yesterday but I did do a ‘wash, drip and splash’ - Have an excellent bin day, koffy time.

upload_2021-6-16_7-44-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning you lovely people. Swipey truculently chirped "call it 4.6 for cash, guv" - very biege IMHO. Huge Ocado Avocados last 2 days, mucho love. Sainsbury's cooked chicken a total flop in contrast. Still, I have a skip to fill. Very pleasant young man delivered our groceries yesterday so we won't starve (3 kgs Fage 0%) or need to resort to that dreadful cooking malarkey - except for my Salmon on Friday. Hug for sleep problems and concern over Popeye @gennepher. I feel for you @Krystyna23040. BBC East East (still phases me not to get Cambs news) gels say we could touch 30C - fine by me but some don't tolerate it as well. Exciting day yesterday @dunelm but don't worry, Cola will be rehabilitated shortly once someone has paid for the research to prove it is saintly. 4th big nasty for those families will be playing fast and loose with the actualité later. Sweepstake on The Pinocchios? @alf_Josiah made my own lemonade at the idea of you being the sane one in the room. Great fbg @karen8967. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-16 09.02.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-16 09.02.18.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Happy National Bin Day Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

No time today, 5.5 this morning.

Must depart, be good, be safe etc.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.35am FBG 5.4
Errant appears to have regained his appetite after several days of smaller meals, he is suddenly hungry again. Maybe it is mean of me, but have taken the opportunity to reduce both his previous size of meals by 2 grammes. This is going to be neccessary as the new bag of food recommends a smaller quantity daily.
Shopping today for cat food. Am still horrified at the quality. Why do cats need vegetables? It seems all the cat food on the shelves include vegetables saying they are good for cats. Carrots? peas? Does anyone have a cat that chooses to eat these?
His current food has 88% animal protein.
The best I could find this morning has 20% chicken and declares itself to be "riche en poulet" but also suitable for cats 7+ and sterilized. We will see what he thinks of it tonight.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Temperature already 25.1 C here according to my temperature sensor at 10.15am (which is in the shade), and I am wiped out. I am sweating more than I can gurgle down in water (with acv in it). Cat is lying on a damp towel (which he doesn't seem to mind), and I am draping his head and shoulders with a damp flannel (which he prefers to a damp heavy towel....). He looks fine, but I am reminded that yesterday I had no obvious warning of his sudden heatstroke.
Don't forget to drink plenty of liquid...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Temperature already 25.1 C here according to my temperature sensor at 10.15am (which is in the shade), and I am wiped out. I am sweating more than I can gurgle down in water (with acv in it). Cat is lying on a damp towel (which he doesn't seem to mind), and I am draping his head and shoulders with a damp flannel (which he prefers to a damp heavy towel....). He looks fine, but I am reminded that yesterday I had no obvious warning of his sudden heatstroke.
Don't forget to drink plenty of liquid...
Glad to read Popeye is ok and you are taking precautions against heatstroke.
Both of you keep cool.
Here it is 29c and heat is still increasing.
We are hiding from it inside our thick stone walls.

lindisfel

Expert
7.35am FBG 5.4
Errant appears to have regained his appetite after several days of smaller meals, he is suddenly hungry again. Maybe it is mean of me, but have taken the opportunity to reduce both his previous size of meals by 2 grammes. This is going to be neccessary as the new bag of food recommends a smaller quantity daily.
Shopping today for cat food. Am still horrified at the quality. Why do cats need vegetables? It seems all the cat food on the shelves include vegetables saying they are good for cats. Carrots? peas? Does anyone have a cat that chooses to eat these?
The best I could find this morning has 20% chicken and declares itself to be "riche en poulet" but also suitable for cats 7+ and sterilized. We will see what he thinks of it tonight.
The theologian N.T.Wright tells the story that a Zoo on the West Coast of America has a Wolf and Lamb together in a cage. Apparently the only problem they have at the Zoo is they need a new lamb every day!
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful Lin Fengmian inspired painting, wonderful colours and those stylized birds - fab.
Bottles of frozen water on a drip tray in front of each fan should help to cool the air for you and Popyeye.
Thank you for that idea. I am doing it now @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a weather fence sitting start here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of a fine slice of ham off the bone by our skilled butcher with a couple of eggs on top came in at 5.0 this am

A busy day yesterday, entertaining the troops and a game of football that somehow requires three garishly coloured balls. One of our nieces came round in the morning with her daughter who is about the same age as the girl in the bubble so small table and chairs out in the garden with toy boxes, picnic blankets, open the doors to the summer house and of course, importantly, a parasol for the stooges. Birds were unimpressed and stayed away from the bird feeders - they made up for the inconvenience after ‘tidy up time’ was completed. After that, all I could do was watch something terrible on the telly called The News.

Debates today in that place about the extension and then a vote! Cola removed by footy club and doctors saying that cola products are comparably as bad as smoking fags - caffeine and addiction stuff: the three big nasties, especially for low income families being cola drinks, smoking and gambling sites. Other news, that Don’t Dilly Dally On The Way line that goes “you can't trust a special like an old time copper” has been born out on that Cressida watch.

Not much time for art yesterday but I did do a ‘wash, drip and splash’ - Have an excellent bin day, koffy time.

View attachment 50030
Very organic @dunelm
Like rock carved out by sea and sand.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning you lovely people. Swipey truculently chirped "call it 4.6 for cash, guv" - very biege IMHO. Huge Ocado Avocados last 2 days, mucho love. Sainsbury's cooked chicken a total flop in contrast. Still, I have a skip to fill. Very pleasant young man delivered our groceries yesterday so we won't starve (3 kgs Fage 0%) or need to resort to that dreadful cooking malarkey - except for my Salmon on Friday. Hug for sleep problems and concern over Popeye @gennepher. I feel for you @Krystyna23040. BBC East East (still phases me not to get Cambs news) gels say we could touch 30C - fine by me but some don't tolerate it as well. Exciting day yesterday @dunelm but don't worry, Cola will be rehabilitated shortly once someone has paid for the research to prove it is saintly. 4th big nasty for those families will be playing fast and loose with the actualité later. Sweepstake on The Pinocchios? @alf_Josiah made my own lemonade at the idea of you being the sane one in the room. Great fbg @karen8967. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
Thanks @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.35am FBG 5.4
20% chicken @SlimLizzy ? There are too many fillers in these foods cats never naturally ate. I am not sure what Popeye's dried food is at the moment, but it's me picking the best one out of a bad bunch.

I have yet to find a cat food for Popeye's age...

Peas and carrots in wet food for a cat? Popeye gives me a disgusted look, and leaves all of it.

A cat is not vegetarian. When I am eating my pork scratchings Popeye always demands some. He has better teeth than me and crunches them ...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to read Popeye is ok and you are taking precautions against heatstroke.
Both of you keep cool.
Here it is 29c and heat is still increasing.
We are hiding from it inside our thick stone walls.
Thank you @SlimLizzy
Popeye took me unawares yesterday, no prior warning signs, so it made me think carefully for me as well, was I drinking enough, was I resting enough etc.

Your thick stone walls should keep you cooler this weather. I am so glad you are not in your campervan now.

Take care.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems all the cat food on the shelves include vegetables saying they are good for cats. Carrots? peas? Does anyone have a cat that chooses to eat these?
Our boy cat happily eats ginger nut biscuits, crisps, cake and bread but does turn his nose up at cooked veg. He likes lettuce. He steals most of these from waste bins and proudly brings them home to eat.
His twin sister on the other hand refuses anything except dairy and meat and fish

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.2 yesterday and 4.4 today

upset tummy yesterday evening so early to bed rather uncomfortable :sorry: better today in time for shopping, then back over to mum's for what we thought would be a shopping delivery, a quick vac round in the sitting room and half an hour sitting in the garden ;)

No such thing, Mum had a 'while you're here could you ...?' list :hilarious:
so now we're knackered and it's pretty hot here so we're hiding out inside (like @SlimLizzy we have thick stone walls ;))

Phone call from the Health Centre when we got back to say my appointment with the DN on Friday is cancelled because she's off sick, 'phone the Health Centre in the middle of next week to make a new appointment' :(

The recycling bin has been emptied whilst we were out so that went to plan at least :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two lovely waterfalls, they look like they will provide good, inspirational source material :)

@gennepher - smart badger art but hugs for the phone trauma and to both you and Popeye for the heat stress :( Hope you get better sleep tonight.
I love your birds and foliage in the style of Lin Fengmian, really colourful and balanced :joyful:

Thank you for the information on the app, I will give it a try perhaps ;)

@dunelm - the ink dripping is going well, great scale in the first landscape and fantastic sculptural texture in today's :joyful:

art bit - was watching a bit of video of someone driving about in America, which is where the inspiration for this came from, I'm quite pleased with how it turned out :) painted on Hahnemuhle Britannia
upload_2021-6-16_19-15-45.jpeg