What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Definitely not looking forward to the dog walk this morning in the rain. Am hoping the dogs will refuse to go out but there isn't much chance of that happening.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
By some irony of graphics, choice and actuality we are poised at the apex of a pyramid by the delta variant.

I think its all in the balance what will happen in the next few weeks, we are hoping letting the new variant rip will not bring a lot more deaths?
I just hope we have an easy passage out of our present situation and they know what they are doing but judging by the number of fisherman, traders to N.I. and now farmers are under buses I am not optimistic.

I just pity the young Scotland supporters this evening when those rotten English do a foul deed. ;)

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone from a bright yet cloudy day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken with celeriac chips and came in at who knows this am - my monitor died during the night so will need to fit another one.

Son’s house move went without a hitch yesterday - and then he went to work (night shift) - something to do with gear boxes for tractor engines - still he is now back and in bed and has the weekend off.
We were thinking about going to the little house on the prairie for the weekend but the outlook is not promising - still, can’t believe everything that the druids and pine cone gazers at the beeb come up with. Not much better than the head out of the window technique.

Bad art day yesterday - two rejects so painted a tree - I like trees. Hope that everyone has a fruitful Friday, especially those being driven down motorways for eye appointments. Koffy time.

View attachment 50059
Hi Dunelm,
Did I get the impression you may be mixing plaster and filling a cement mixer on the horizon?
What we do for our youngsters!
D.

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

6.50 am FBG 7.0

inappropriate food to blame here and lack of activity. Perhaps a bit of DP as had been up over half an hour before testing. Am going to have to start an exercise programme again by the look of it.

Two hours after breakfast BG down to 5.9

Ah that's better!

@lindisfel hope all goes well today with the eye op.

@geefull @gennepher
Not looking forward to this.

Screenshot_20210617-215853_Google.jpg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Cool and overcast here with much rain and thunder promised so everything I dislike. Swipey's 5.1 seems to be related to #jointsgate, broken night's sleep, need for Naproxen (and reciting the Apostle's creed) yet still being given a "good" sleep score and resting pulse by Fitbit. My thoughts and prayers go with you to Preston @lindisfel. Thanks for the replies to the spike query which does seem to be a term used about as loosely as World Leading. Great art @geefull and your description of a spike feels right. Nearest I come to that is accidents. Full (80%) sugar caramel syrup producing an inverted V. Fine tree there young @dunelm and @karen8967 Friday meme delivered in a timely fashion - top gel. @RFSMarch good to hear from you and loving the new name for the microwave. Ours seems to have more functions than a Swiss Army knife but I've barely used the microwave option. @Krystyna23040 great fbg and maybe Archie could be persuaded not to sully forth - too late I guess. @gennepher thoughts and prayers for you over the journey, communication and appointment today. Hopefully tomorrow will bring headlines of Scots Kaned. Our PM's birthday tomorrow. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm,
Did I get the impression you may be mixing plaster and filling a cement mixer on the horizon?
What we do for our youngsters!
D.
Oh dear, not any time soon, there will be a couple of people who know how to get that stuff onto walls and not all over legs and boots.

Reactions: ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A within my limits 9.2 this morning caused by poor timing and food choices, for once my meter is innocent..........I think.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it looks like today will be an indoor day, catching up on plinky plonky practice, paperwork and continuing with loft clearance, oh and drinking copious amounts of koffy and tea.

Must go and make koffy. Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and avoid the depressing media.
Now to receive instructions from Mrs J.

(Mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: geefull

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh...what posts were they @alf_Josiah

And agree, but then they'd have to edit THAT post and we'd be back where we were...:D:hilarious:

But a valid point made :)

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Hospital visit done and dusted. Usual problems with not being able to lipread mask wearers etc etc and me very tired. So, I stopped at a food van on the way home for some food...

I ordered. Food van man does not wear a mask, so no lipreading problems here. And the food van counter is the height of my head. The guy says and motions me to put my fiver into the ice cream box on his counter, and he put a small metal chip fryer in it. I could not see inside this white ice cream container, it was too high above my eye level. It was a bit windy, so I held the fiver until it touched the bottom of the metal mini chip fryer.

But my fingers and hand touched something warm and liquidy. I withdrew my hand and fiver. The fiver is wet with cloudy liquid. Cloudy liquid is running down my arm, into my sleeve to my armpits and beyond...

Everything goes through my mind - every horror story and science fiction story I have read and seen, and my brain is writing scripts for stories and films I have not yet read or seen.

It's alright the van man says, just drop the money.

I am still frozen to the spot.

He turns round from cooking my breakfast. Just drop the money in he says.

I cannot for the life of me let go of that fiver...

Van man turns around again, and looks hard at me. That has served me well, he said, I have done it since the beginning of Covid last year, it works.

Finally food van man says, it's only a week solution of bleach and a few other things I put in...

Brain says what other things...

He's the alien soul gatherer my brain says, it's that or you are going to melt into the pavement and never be seen on this earth again...

I have never encountered in all these Covid times someone who disinfects with bleach, and his special witchery ingredients all the notes and coins they receive.

He might have warned me I would be dipping my hands in a bleach concoction of his making when I dropped the fiver into his fryer basket in the white ice cream container. Those images alone, with the fryer basket in the white ice cream container, and then touching some unseen unexpected tepid warm liquid as you deposit your money, is a total mismatch of images for the brain to analyse....

33DFCB23-0E3A-482A-8254-0904E4E08184.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.5 today

a really warm day today although not too bad inside the big shed at the charity ;)

Mum's visitor has arrived although rather late because they missed a connection so we shall be over there tomorrow for a cuppa ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - interesting washes and drips again, bit of a whirlpool effect going on today :) It's sometimes a surprise how the level of colour ends up as things dry isn't it :sorry:

@SlimLizzy - I do agree with you about the effects of dismal days :(

@lindisfel - wishing you good fortune for the eye appointment and a hug for the need to be transported there by someone else, (mr gee isn't keen on that either).

@gennepher - another stunning painting today but a big hug for the ongoing masking hassle :sorry:, I hope tomorrow goes better for you. Rest well and take care.

@ianpspurs - for myself I've always considered that a spike is an unexpectedly larger or faster rise. For example a bg rise of 2 or under and then settling back again towards my baseline would be what I would expect (certainly what I'd prefer anyway ;)), a spike would be more extreme than that.
rise - a nice gentle curve up and down, spike - a nasty pointy thing :D

Cause for rechecking a food on another day and dropping it or mitigating the portion if it happened again :angelic:

art bit -
still working on the occasional sunset :) painted on Hahnmuhle Britannia

View attachment 50055
sounds you had a good day...

A stunning effective sunset @geefull

Thanks.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bright yet cloudy day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken with celeriac chips and came in at who knows this am - my monitor died during the night so will need to fit another one.

Son’s house move went without a hitch yesterday - and then he went to work (night shift) - something to do with gear boxes for tractor engines - still he is now back and in bed and has the weekend off.
We were thinking about going to the little house on the prairie for the weekend but the outlook is not promising - still, can’t believe everything that the druids and pine cone gazers at the beeb come up with. Not much better than the head out of the window technique.

Bad art day yesterday - two rejects so painted a tree - I like trees. Hope that everyone has a fruitful Friday, especially those being driven down motorways for eye appointments. Koffy time.

View attachment 50059
A wonderful green tree @dunelm
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

6.50 am FBG 7.0

inappropriate food to blame here and lack of activity. Perhaps a bit of DP as had been up over half an hour before testing. Am going to have to start an exercise programme again by the look of it.

Two hours after breakfast BG down to 5.9

Ah that's better!

@lindisfel hope all goes well today with the eye op.

@geefull @gennepher
Not looking forward to this.

View attachment 50062
Oh boy 8+ days of solid rain....
Hugs for you @SlimLizzy

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Hospital visit done and dusted. Usual problems with not being able to lipread mask wearers etc etc and me very tired. So, I stopped at a food van on the way home for some food...

I ordered. Food van man does not wear a mask, so no lipreading problems here. And the food van counter is the height of my head. The guy says and motions me to put my fiver into the ice cream box on his counter, and he put a small metal chip fryer in it. I could not see inside this white ice cream container, it was too high above my eye level. It was a bit windy, so I held the fiver until it touched the bottom of the metal mini chip fryer.

But my fingers and hand touched something warm and liquidy. I withdrew my hand and fiver. The fiver is wet with cloudy liquid. Cloudy liquid is running down my arm, into my sleeve to my armpits and beyond...

Everything goes through my mind - every horror story and science fiction story I have read and seen, and my brain is writing scripts for stories and films I have not yet read or seen.

It's alright the van man says, just drop the money.

I am still frozen to the spot.

He turns round from cooking my breakfast. Just drop the money in he says.

I cannot for the life of me let go of that fiver...

Van man turns around again, and looks hard at me. That has served me well, he said, I have done it since the beginning of Covid last year, it works.

Finally food van man says, it's only a week solution of bleach and a few other things I put in...

Brain says what other things...

He's the alien soul gatherer my brain says, it's that or you are going to melt into the pavement and never be seen on this earth again...

I have never encountered in all these Covid times someone who disinfects with bleach, and his special witchery ingredients all the notes and coins they receive.

He might have warned me I would be dipping my hands in a bleach concoction of his making when I dropped the fiver into his fryer basket in the white ice cream container. Those images alone, with the fryer basket in the white ice cream container, and then touching some unseen unexpected tepid warm liquid as you deposit your money, is a total mismatch of images for the brain to analyse....

View attachment 50065

OMG....how off putting when your just about to eat...:woot:

And dipping your fingers into an unamed concoction....H&S violation for sure.

Hugs for the horror.

If your arm hasn't melted into the floor or transformed into the flailing tentacles of an octopus, I'd say you are lucky, very lucky. :bag:

Buy a lottery ticket, is my advice. :D

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

out earlyish for a bit of a walk before picking up a couple of packs of fresh pancakes for Mum and her visitors and going over to be seen. We arrived only to find the visitors had gone into the nearest town for a couple of hours, so, we sat in the garden with Mum and drank tea until they got back :D

Turned out a lovely warm and sunny day with a fine breeze to keep it bearable, so it was very pleasant sitting in the garden.

One of the 'whilst you're here could you just...' jobs Mum had on her list was a request to fix the toilet seat in her little downstairs bathroom. Would have helped if she had mentioned that it was acting like a turntable a bit earlier :hilarious: Mr gee managed to source some fittings whilst we were out to replace the one that had cracked and managed to get it fixed before the visitors came back so I reckon he earned his pancake ;)

@dunelm - hugs for the bad art 'reject' feeling but a winner for the splendid tree. I like trees too ;)

@gennepher - Sheesh, you'd think he might have put up a notice warning people :sorry: that's a smashing illustration you've painted though :) very descriptive.
I'm glad your hospital visit is done for now so you can have a rest :)

art bit -
don't think I'll ever make an architectural illustrator, interesting experiment though,
I thought I'd have a go at painting from a photo without drawing first, it's of somewhere in Spain I think :)

upload_2021-6-18_20-51-18.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG....how off putting when your just about to eat...:woot:

And dipping your fingers into an unamed concoction....H&S violation for sure.

Hugs for the horror.

If your arm hasn't melted into the floor or transformed into the flailing tentacles of an octopus, I'd say you are lucky, very lucky. :bag:

Buy a lottery ticket, is my advice. :D

I am not going back...
Never thought about it being H&S violation...my brain had gone totally awol @jjraak

I will never stick my fingers and hand in an unseen place again...

Obviously I thought it was an empty ice cream box apart from any possible money...

But imagine if that had been knocked off the counter on to a child's or baby's face...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.5 today

out earlyish for a bit of a walk before picking up a couple of packs of fresh pancakes for Mum and her visitors and going over to be seen. We arrived only to find the visitors had gone into the nearest town for a couple of hours, so, we sat in the garden with Mum and drank tea until they got back :D

Turned out a lovely warm and sunny day with a fine breeze to keep it bearable, so it was very pleasant sitting in the garden.

One of the 'whilst you're here could you just...' jobs Mum had on her list was a request to fix the toilet seat in her little downstairs bathroom. Would have helped if she had mentioned that it was acting like a turntable a bit earlier :hilarious: Mr gee managed to source some fittings whilst we were out to replace the one that had cracked and managed to get it fixed before the visitors came back so I reckon he earned his pancake ;)

@dunelm - hugs for the bad art 'reject' feeling but a winner for the splendid tree. I like trees too ;)

@gennepher - Sheesh, you'd think he might have put up a notice warning people :sorry: that's a smashing illustration you've painted though :) very descriptive.
I'm glad your hospital visit is done for now so you can have a rest :)

art bit -
don't think I'll ever make an architectural illustrator, interesting experiment though,
I thought I'd have a go at painting from a photo without drawing first, it's of somewhere in Spain I think :)

View attachment 50066

It sounds like a lovely afternoon, apart from the toilet fixing!

I agree a notice would have been a good idea @geefull
Apart from safety considerations, I might have been allergic to bleach...

I like your painting very much with no drawing first.
It is very effective.
And it is a very good architectural painting!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I have a bumblebee nest in my roof space immediately above my bed head...
They are Tree bumblebees.
Some are quite big bumblebees.
I seem to have quite a lot. They are getting in through a cracked piece of concrete...
My garden has just about every flower they like, and the stuff in my garden is all year round for them.
They are pollinating my raspberries at the moment.
I have winter heathers, pussywillow, blackberries, apple trees, cotoneaster, chives, dog roses, snowberry, fuchsia and much more.
If I turn the sensitivity control up on my cochlear speech processor I can hear them above me while sitting in my bed. Noisy things they are!
I think it might be quite a big nest. The activity is quite busy.
I am quite happy for them to be there. They cause no damage (like wasps who 'eat' the wood). I don't think the workers sting. Well I have never been stung yet and they have landed my arm and hand.
The reason why I notice them is because their entrance point is immediately above my bedroom window which is open, and sometimes they come into my bedroom to investigate...

So, a Tree bumblebee pollinating my raspberry flowers in Procreate.

1E01614C-1402-462E-BCC1-8793FDC1CA63.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Admin almost up to date so can have a day off Sunday which is really great as today is a really hectic Saturday of classes and 1:1s. Leaving home at 8.30 and finally finishing at 6.30 this evening with no breaks. Total madness.

I remember getting a stern warning 20 years ago that I would be burnt out in 4 years if I carried on like this. Perhaps the opposite happened and I thrive on it.