What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When we first came up here in 1964 the summers and part of the spring seemed to be generally much wetter than now. There were occasional dry spells but never this dry. I remember a summer storm in 1966 when we just moved to this house when there was a storm for two hours that put 6" of rain in the transmitter rain gauge and our river flash flooded in the valley bottom....a similar amount of rain fell on Germany.
Because it was a lightening storm the 11kv overhead lines to the transmitter were lost and we had to run up the diesel alternators to maintain the transmission.

Down the road from here at one large house the dog was barking and when the guy went out to look the barn was flooded and when the door was opened the dog swam out.
They have now converted or are converting the barn to a cottage.
It surprises me how they are allowed to build on flood plains...the old houses were built by clever people who knew where house should be built even if their barns got water in them a couple of times a lifetime.

If the water ever gets into my garden I hope residents in the hamlet near the river have an Alf who is constructing an ark like some latter day Noah.
D.;)
Barn conversion should be named River Cottage or the upstairs at least called Quarterdeck

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
16.07 beautiful sunny morning, first for weeks, appropriate on such a special day.
Happy 66th anniversary Mum and Dad
Not that they will see this, but just to mark the occasion.
7.30am FBG 5.4
Have decided to have some friends round, my own party to help reduce angst about the one i am missing. (Friends is stretching it a bit- we have met them twice) and a couple that MrSlim met recently as well on Saturday. So this morning shopping, cleaning and general tidy up needed.
Hope you all get some sunshine - stay safe and well.
Hug for missing the anniversary and such a good idea to do your own soiree

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a bright and sunny bird chirping Disney like start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of yet more chicken in yet more spiced up and zingy tomato and roasted red pepper sauce came in at 5.5 this am. I don’t roast my own peppers - they come in a very useful jar.

Out on my bike yesterday - over to a place called Sandsend to check out a cafe called The Wit’s End - it has a courtyard garden. Nearest thing was a cumbrian sausage ciabatta roll with an extra egg and ditch the roll - sometimes it is best to just get the roll and ditch it rather than try to explain when the spark is not shining very brightly. Nice pot of tea, proper cup and saucer, plenty of milk.
Art stuff - same background as yesterday - a profile of Cat Bells - but a different foreground - think I will do similar today - anyhow, have a fab Friday thunderbirds, Koffy.

View attachment 50474

Sounds like a good day

Proper cuppa, worth the trip alone
And "Spark not shining very brightly"...chortle, chortle. :hilarious:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

hope everyone is well and your day is treating you kindly :)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It was the same when I had my hearing dogs @Krystyna23040
The first thing of the day was a walk, even when it was dark mornings, and that fresh air set me up for the day.

Nowadays, it's cat Popeye, and I don't let him out unattended since the feral cat attack over a year ago, and now his dementia (although I wouldn't know it now with the dementia tablets I give him apart from an odd occasion when he looks hangdog). And as soon as it is fully light, Popeye does walkies round the garden, and I sit on my swing and watch him, or take photos. That early morning air is good for both of us.
Yes, there is something about that early morning air that does feel so good for us.
It is wonderful that you found the dementia tablets for Popeye so he can continue enjoying his lovely life.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
If only the day ended well.
Have lost the plot somewhere, once again, and have been drinking and eating too much of the wrong things.
One day will get control of emotions and all will be so much simpler.
Meanwhile am attempting to get control back by jogging 500 steps round the island unit in the kitchen. Cat is intrigued.
FBG? We shall see, but i don't expect a good number.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If only the day ended well.
Have lost the plot somewhere, once again, and have been drinking and eating too much of the wrong things.
One day will get control of emotions and all will be so much simpler.
Meanwhile am attempting to get control back by jogging 500 steps round the island unit in the kitchen. Cat is intrigued.
FBG? We shall see, but i don't expect a good number.
500 steps round the island unit in the kitchen?
t09111.gif

Poor cat @SlimLizzy
He will never understand humans...

Be kind to yourself. It's always swings and roundabouts.
Don't let this hiccup faze you. You will get back on track.
You do absolutely brilliantly.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from underneath the azure in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of another chicken salad and a naughty treat came in at 5.8 this am - I have no idea why it’s called a naughty treat because it was delicious.

Girl in the bubble has been playing the part of Little Miss Pukey but seems to be getting on top of it - dry kiddy biscuits and water is fine - fruit and yoghurt not so much. Took her and mum out for a walk yesterday - best not to chance putting her in the back of a car - no no no. Walked down the old railway route as it’s shaded and a late breakfast - back before it got too hot and then hid in the shade in our garden for the afternoon - far too hot for my delicate northern skin. Term end up here and Tuesday for the Birmingham bunch - best get the little house on the prairie sorted out next week, paddling pools will need to be dusted off and filled with water.

Art bit - third one using the same background - ink and rice paper. Have a marvellous Saturday - looks like it will be hot. Koffy.

upload_2021-7-17_7-35-4.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from what appears to be summer in Forest Heath - here all week allegedly. No testing of bg here, my patience is an entirely different matter. The first of three birthday weekends today, No 3 son today then two granddaughters (parties and travelling :yuck:) short break then No 2 grandson will be produced on August 2, deep, deep joy. At the other end of the age range 91 yo MIL had another "fall" in her garden yesterday. Take care of those grandchildren @dunelm and go easy on the naughty but nice treats. Is that a sampan in today's art or a very lost punt from the Cam? If it is a lost punt hills are a no go hereabouts;). You too @karen8967. Don't be so hard on yourself @SlimLizzy - as you know I'm super chilled so a really good source of advice on that:angelic: @lindisfel is it today you have the eye op? Hope all goes well. The stays, the stays, remember the stays - add in hydrated and out of the sun without adequate protection. Oh, my bad that is a meedja/woke agenda. I'm orf to level up another mug of tea. Toodle Pip.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who forgot to post yesterday, whoops, slappy wrists.....oh yes please.

Yesterday a 6.0
Today a bbq fuelled 7.5 and it was nice.

Yesterday Mrs J and me and me's met up with a few of my cousins, rogues reunited would be a good name, today will be a slow day, perhaps with few mid day naps thrown in. But for now koffy is required big time.

Have a great day and remember the stays.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from underneath the azure in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of another chicken salad and a naughty treat came in at 5.8 this am - I have no idea why it’s called a naughty treat because it was delicious.

Girl in the bubble has been playing the part of Little Miss Pukey but seems to be getting on top of it - dry kiddy biscuits and water is fine - fruit and yoghurt not so much. Took her and mum out for a walk yesterday - best not to chance putting her in the back of a car - no no no. Walked down the old railway route as it’s shaded and a late breakfast - back before it got too hot and then hid in the shade in our garden for the afternoon - far too hot for my delicate northern skin. Term end up here and Tuesday for the Birmingham bunch - best get the little house on the prairie sorted out next week, paddling pools will need to be dusted off and filled with water.

Art bit - third one using the same background - ink and rice paper. Have a marvellous Saturday - looks like it will be hot. Koffy.

View attachment 50479
Hugs for the G in the B.
Definitely is hot today...great painting @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Too hot.
Far too hot.
Popeye has been on search for a cool spot, and finally plonked himself on the office chair in front of the cold fan (centre photo). He has been there for two hours so far...
48A14C86-9C8D-41B2-9B06-11C1203E1090.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Relaxing in the garden after a lovely meal. It is so nice eating outside when the weather is warm. With the supersonic broadband and 3 BT halos I can get broadband on the patio - so was able to catch up with posts.
Now I shall read Wednesday's 'i' while Mr K waters the garden. It is lovely to relax after a hectic day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

thank you @gennepher we're all ok, my anxiety is bothering me a bit at the moment is all so I haven't been posting much, hope to be back to more normal soon

hope your day is treating you well :)