What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who survived the nightclubs. Happy national bin day.

Another 6.5 on the meter of misinformation and plotting.

This morening was a hive of blind headless chicken running around then a trip into the covid capital of the sarf ( the grand metropolis of Reading ) for my plinky plonky lesson. Andy Preview has nothing on me, all the wrong notes in all the wrong order. Scale of H#minor and I don't care .

Anybody heard from Muddycyclist? Me and me's hope he is OK.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers music homework to do, homework yep at my age, music transposition, makes a change from maths transposition, last done 45 or more years ago. ( me and me's added that bit for @ianpspurs ).

Now for the single stay, stay away from people, just remembered I have to wash my mask.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who survived the nightclubs. Happy national bin day.

Another 6.5 on the meter of misinformation and plotting.

This morening was a hive of blind headless chicken running around then a trip into the covid capital of the sarf ( the grand metropolis of Reading ) for my plinky plonky lesson. Andy Preview has nothing on me, all the wrong notes in all the wrong order. Scale of H#minor and I don't care .

Anybody heard from Muddycyclist? Me and me's hope he is OK.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers music homework to do, homework yep at my age, music transposition, makes a change from maths transposition, last done 45 or more years ago. ( me and me's added that bit for @ianpspurs ).

Now for the single stay, stay away from people, just remembered I have to wash my mask.
Muddy is ok and thanks you and anyone else for asking after him. More likely to be Sweaty Cyclist just now. Thank whichever one of you thought of me and chastise the others. Anglo American bin day is on the morrow. Yee-haw.

lindisfel

Expert
Having a steady week this week and will need new glasses when eye settles. Finding it difficult to read much atm.
Eldest went to Whitby for a quiet week with s.i.l. staying at St. Oswald's intentional community residence a Sleights.

Her travelogue on Whatsapp showed a rather nice place to stay with a mural of St.Oswald and his Raven on the wall outside the little chapel.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.5 today

back from our weekly shopping trip and got everything sorted out and put away plus the bin is out ready for the 'scavvy' wagon so we feel free to sit down with a large mug of good coffee before we go to mum's ;)

we have a surprisingly cool and misty morning here for now (13-14'C) :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - lift and shift in high temperatures is no fun, we managed to get a bit of grass mowed at mum's yesterday but had to knock off because it got too hot :sorry:

@SlimLizzy - that will be a relief, shame to lose the walnut tree but better that than the house :sorry:

@gennepher - a fun story of Popeye and his girl ;) and a fine portrait of Popeye contemplating the garden. I'm glad we don't have such heat but your solution for overnight cooling was inventive as always :)

@dunelm - a striking bit of minimalist art today, I like it very much :)
those pavement temperatures would be unbearable for any pet feet (or for any human unwary enough to be barefoot ):(

art bit - trying to do a bit of art most days but I notice there tend to be a lot of seascapes, hope it's not too boring
View attachment 50536

Hope you enjoyed your large coffee @geefull

Popeye says miaow...
Thanks for the compliment...

Your seascape is stunning in every way as they usually are.
I will never find your seascapes boring. And l look forward to seeing them...

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

back from our weekly shopping trip and got everything sorted out and put away plus the bin is out ready for the 'scavvy' wagon so we feel free to sit down with a large mug of good coffee before we go to mum's ;)

we have a surprisingly cool and misty morning here for now (13-14'C) :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@ianpspurs - lift and shift in high temperatures is no fun, we managed to get a bit of grass mowed at mum's yesterday but had to knock off because it got too hot :sorry:

@SlimLizzy - that will be a relief, shame to lose the walnut tree but better that than the house :sorry:

@gennepher - a fun story of Popeye and his girl ;) and a fine portrait of Popeye contemplating the garden. I'm glad we don't have such heat but your solution for overnight cooling was inventive as always :)

@dunelm - a striking bit of minimalist art today, I like it very much :)
those pavement temperatures would be unbearable for any pet feet (or for any human unwary enough to be barefoot ):(

art bit - trying to do a bit of art most days but I notice there tend to be a lot of seascapes, hope it's not too boring
View attachment 50536
Thank you @geefull. Another excellent seascape from you and no - not boring in the least.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg this morning 5.2.

Water back on.

And my Amazing Grandson Has in 5 years gone from having virtually no academic qualifications to a BSc hons First in Economics we are euphoric. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Many congratulations to your grandson.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg this morning 5.2.

Water back on.

And my Amazing Grandson Has in 5 years gone from having virtually no academic qualifications to a BSc hons First in Economics we are euphoric. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
@JohnEGreen
Congratulations to your grandson
t10008.gif

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a start under the azure at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of salad days dropped in at 5.6 this am

Lounge lizard day yesterday - far too hot but my fitbit still insisted on over 13000 steps - where did it go, I saw nothing. We must home today but it will be via a drive up the old roman road over the moors and perhaps some lunch in Port Mulgrave.

art bit - no brushes so a sketch on Procreate, have a great day if you can. Time for some koffy.

upload_2021-7-22_6-45-32.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Yesterday was horrendous as regards accumulated heat in these bungalows.
I went to the front of the bungalow yesterday just to look. All people on my side of the road, (the midday sun shines on the kitchen and the front room, and both are intolerable rooms in heat) and everyone had driven away in their cars with their animals. I was the only person in on my side of the road. On the other side of the road, it is all bungalows again, there were were more people at home and their front doors were open, and they were sitting on their front doorsteps with their dogs etc. The front of their houses are in the shade, but the backs have the full midday sun.

Again I had every fan going, the upright oscillating ones, a couple of ancient floor fans, and a variety of rechargeable/usb desk fans. And my bedroom door was open all night with the bottom half barricaded against the badger/s.

I was about to go to bed when I realised my fridge (it is only a small table top one) was overheating badly. I should have realised because the temperature inside the kitchen was 30C. The freezer was overheating quite badly too. It was too hot to touch both appliance sides.

What to do? Turn them both off? A danger of fire? But I lose both contents. My spare rechargeable desk fans were recharging. I didn't have a spare fan. I couldn't manage with less, and neither could Popeye because he is struggling badly in this heat.

So I grabbed some battery banks, connected the rechargeable fans to them, and ran them as they were fanning. I don't think you are supposed to do this because it can affect the battery charge adversely, but this is an emergency. So I put 3 desk fans on fridge and 3 desk fans on freezer. Actually I put one of the fans at the back of each so it could reduce the heat on the working elements of fridge and freezer.

15 mins later both appliances had cooled down. Fridge had cooled down to cool, and the freezer was slightly warm on one side. It was the heat in the kitchen than had created that.

Checked it during the night several times, all doing well. I went on Amazon and ordered some more desk top fans, but they won't arrive until later today.

But I have just realised I need a couple more big electric fans, because mine are running 24/7, and I have to keep turning them off because the plugs are overheating.

I am off out now, when all I want to do is lie comatose. Any ice I can find, I have a cool box, if there is any ice left. And see if any shops have had a fan delivery...

Right I am gone...unfortunately for Popeye I will turn the electric fans off while I am out, for safety, but he can have the rechargeable personal fans all on him, and the fridge freezer can have one personal fan each up their backs...

Hopefully I can be back in an hour and a half...

Take care...

This won't post, my iPad is overheating despite being on dog Meg's old chill mat...
Try again...

We have promised temps of 32 C plus today...

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning. Today is an admin catch up, dog walking, shopping and coffee drinking day as Norwich classes don't start until 6pm.this evening.

Surprising misty and pleasantly cool at the moment so hopefully I will get a lot done.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Covid 19 is 834 cases per 100,000 in my area of N.W.Cumbria, latest figures.

Clubs for different interests and churches are opening up as if there is no pandemic anymore.
Wife was told yesterday about the opening of the Dementia cafe run by the church!

How are they going to keep the carers and demented safe?

I dont know how churches and others can pretend the pandemic is over because business has pressured Doris to open up?

Whilst we shall continue in a prudent way the policy will result in a massive increase in cases that vaccination is not going to stop.

It to hoped the long covid and deaths will be held down as this is let rip.

Dont be a victim of using our freedoms unwisely.
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.20am FBG 5.6
Tree Surgeons!!!! What a pair of clowns...honestly.
Really wish I had sent them away when realised they didn't even have hard hats.
It was really stressful watching the older, skinny guy clambering about high up in the tree, cutting large branches with a handsaw. (MrSlim called it a panel saw- said it wasn't suitable for the job)while the younger, chubby( that's a kind word for it) guy bellowed instructions from the ground and hauled the fallen branches away. Both of us had to leave the scene of the crime. It was too awful to watch.
The final act involved Chubby hauling on a rope, rocking the tree. While skinny used the chainsaw. Skinny had at least got ear defenders, but that meant he couldn't hear chubbies shouted commands. Skinny was also cutting above a safe height for him as Chubby , who is considerably taller had started the cut.
Talk about heart in mouth time. We were half expecting the tree to go while Skinny was still cutting.
It didnt help at all that after the tree was down Chubby said it might have been ok to leave with just some of the branches off, as it had returned to a more upright position with less weight pulling it over. Maybe a proper tree surgeon would have seen that and been able to save the tree.
Feeling really sad and annoyed with myself for panicking. Not getting a proper assessment done. The weather forecast has changed too. No risk of storms in the immediate future. It was the 90% probability storm warnings that prompted the panic.
Neither of us wanted the tree down so feeling a mixture of sadness and guilt this morning.
Have probably caused us a lot of expense and work and a beautiful tre thst was a resource for willdlife, all because of my tendency to panic.
Sorry guys have to post pics separately.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yesterday morning
20210720_214014_001.jpg

Skinny up the tree
20210721_130504.jpg

This morning. A very different view.
20210722_085245.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So Thursday, Anglo American bins day and Mary Magdalene day come round again. Weekly, fortnightly and annually - I'm getting the hang of of these things now. Some physical exertion in the sun produced a 4.6 from Swipey. Cooler today and looks like being the last of the hot days. Enjoy the drive home along the coast? road @dunelm. Hugs for @gennepher and Popeye for the heat problems and refrigeration issues. Hug for @SlimLizzy over the loss of the Walnut tree but the story was hilarious. Reminds me of some Greek workers replacing the air con when we were in Skiathos. Flip flops, no shirt, no scaffold on a very sloping roof in 40C heat:bigtears: @lindisfel hug for the infection rate and false start opening up. Your prudent plan is the way forward one feels. @Krystyna23040 today sounds far more relaxed for you:) Toodle Pip chums.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.20am FBG 5.6
Tree Surgeons!!!! What a pair of clowns...honestly.
Really wish I had sent them away when realised they didn't even have hard hats.
It was really stressful watching the older, skinny guy clambering about high up in the tree, cutting large branches with a handsaw. (MrSlim called it a panel saw- said it wasn't suitable for the job)while the younger, chubby( that's a kind word for it) guy bellowed instructions from the ground and hauled the fallen branches away. Both of us had to leave the scene of the crime. It was too awful to watch.
The final act involved Chubby hauling on a rope, rocking the tree. While skinny used the chainsaw. Skinny had at least got ear defenders, but that meant he couldn't hear chubbies shouted commands. Skinny was also cutting above a safe height for him as Chubby , who is considerably taller had started the cut.
Talk about heart in mouth time. We were half expecting the tree to go while Skinny was still cutting.
It didnt help at all that after the tree was down Chubby said it might have been ok to leave with just some of the branches off, as it had returned to a more upright position with less weight pulling it over. Maybe a proper tree surgeon would have seen that and been able to save the tree.
Feeling really sad and annoyed with myself for panicking. Not getting a proper assessment done. The weather forecast has changed too. No risk of storms in the immediate future. It was the 90% probability storm warnings that prompted the panic.
Neither of us wanted the tree down so feeling a mixture of sadness and guilt this morning.
Have probably caused us a lot of expense and work and a beautiful tre thst was a resource for willdlife, all because of my tendency to panic.
Sorry guys have to post pics separately.
Your first pic @SlimLizzy shows a too big tree too near your house, and with the height of that tree the roots would have been under the walls of your house, maybe causing structural damage.
The 'comedy' act of Little and Large did not help reassure you.
It is done now, and it is probably for the best.
If you had left it with just some branches cut off, even though it righted itself, it was still vulnerable to a high wind, and could have fallen on your property still.

You can set out to create more resources for your wildlife. At least your house is safe from the tree.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a start under the azure at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of salad days dropped in at 5.6 this am

Lounge lizard day yesterday - far too hot but my fitbit still insisted on over 13000 steps - where did it go, I saw nothing. We must home today but it will be via a drive up the old roman road over the moors and perhaps some lunch in Port Mulgrave.

art bit - no brushes so a sketch on Procreate, have a great day if you can. Time for some koffy.

View attachment 50544
A beautiful painting...with an abstract quality @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So Thursday, Anglo American bins day and Mary Magdalene day come round again. Weekly, fortnightly and annually - I'm getting the hang of of these things now. Some physical exertion in the sun produced a 4.6 from Swipey. Cooler today and looks like being the last of the hot days.Enjoy the drive home along the coast? road @dunelm. Hugs for @gennepher and Popeye for the heat problems and refrigeration issues. Hug for @SlimLizzy over the loss of the Walnut tree but the story was hilarious. Reminds me of some Greek workers replacing the air con when we were in Skiathos. Flip flops, no shirt, no scaffold on a very sloping roof in 40C heat:bigtears: @lindisfel hug for the infection rate and false start opening up. Your prudent plan is the way forward one feels. @Krystyna23040 today sounds far more relaxed for you:) Toodle Pip chums.
Thanks @ianpspurs
I am trying to resolve them now.

Reactions: geefull