What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.1 - As my endocrine system wriggles, writhes, twists, spasms and covorts itself into deceiving me, I go through emotional highs and lows trying to make sense of it. More fool me. Two months ago I had a string of 6s, and now I get served up with 7s and 8s with a much lower afternoon number, yeah right.... The one thing I know I can rely on is a potentially, decreasing HBA1C, of this I can be certain, not that I can keep it descending, but that as a factor of my Diab management, it will be mostly be a constant.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 at 6AM. Overnight average has been 7.6 and average yesterday was 7.3.

I have no idea what is causing the spike as even though I ate last night it was no more than 18gms of carbs. I have been drinking well over 4.5 ltrs of water and there isn't any obvious reason for these readings that I can think of... am going to fast until tomorrow now and hope that will set things straight.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Horrible sleep - hot and humid so tossed and turned most of the night - no sign of rain or storms in my neck of the woods although it is cloudy this morning.

Reactions: DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
this is a long game - (lifelong)
So true and some wise words there Ian... thanks for this... I needed some reassurance anyway... its at times like these that being part of this forum really shines through... it is very frustrating though to not be able to understand what is causing the ups and downs ... the aberrations become the cause for self-doubt and that adds stress which brings the cortisol out I guess ... my lovely wife postulates this could be because I have been missing my dog a lot for past few days ...apparently muttering about him while asleep that part is only if I believe my better half.... though I must admit I have been talking about him a lot while cooking... but that's only because I was making stuff I know he would have loved....

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is always about 8.3 after fasting since 6 pm the previous evening. Is this normal?
Hi I'm a little late in responding but welcome to the thread, when you ask "Is a level of 8.3 normal after fasting, the short answer is it might be your normal at the moment. It does take time for blood levels to drop. As to why it tends to drop later in the day, You may also want to look up Dawn Phenomenon - DP is when you get a rise in blood glucose levels on a morning as your liver pushes out glucose to start you up for the day.

It sounds as if you may be newly diagnosed and likely to have a few more questions. This thread is for recording FBG levels with a little chat - but we are limited as to how much chat we can have so probably we are not best placed to answer questions comprehensively. It may be better to create your own specific thread. If you don't know how to post a thread, try going to the top of the screen click on the "diabetes discussions" link and at the top (or bottom) of that screen you should have an option to create a new thread. Try to include helpful info such as, When you were diagnosed? What your hba1c was? and What changes you have made to your diet? and then go for it with any questions you want to ask. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum I am sure lots of good answers will come your way. Cheers.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning had a run of 6's think the heat has affected my numbers , loads of walking between 5 and 7 miles a day which has resulted in dropping my blood pressure and my BP meds to 5mg of Ramipril instead of 10mg. Blood sugars are quite low during the day especially after all my walking .

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 at 6AM, 32 hours into fasting. Now that's more like what it should be after these many hours of fasting.

Have a great Sunday everyone. :)

Reactions: karen8967